Prevent AI crawlers

Exedrus
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Best Artist - Providing quality, Derpibooru-exclusive artwork
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Silver Supporter - Silver Supporter
Heart Gem -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Happy Derpy! -
Responsible Disclosure -
Artist -

@Bigcheese
It’s true that image formats don’t make it particularly easy to track down copyright info, but I don’t know that that matters legally. From what I understand, US law expects the person attempting to use copyrightable things to make sure they’re not violating copyright. If they can’t verify the licensing (and they’re not certain if their use is fair use), then they should assume that they can get a valid take down request if they use that work. So they should avoid relying on it or really using it at all. Copyrightable works don’t even need to release with a license; the license is just a way for the rights holder to outline what they’re OK with.
Posted Report
LemonDrop
Duckinator - Same nonsensical quacks in every pond
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Silver Bit -

C++ Crazed
@Exedrus
That may all be true but what you’re describing essentially makes things like memes or screenshots of MLP illegal so I don’t think I want to live in a world where laws are taken to that silly of an extreme (reminds me of all the Article 13 a while back, but now its cool to support such things I guess).
Posted Report
Background Pony #5DDC
I think i already know a way to make images invisibly identifiable to every of the registered viewers so if it’s leaked the responsible one can be hunted legally.
Any per-person digital watermark embedded in the image can be removed, whether it’s a visible watermark, a pattern in least significant bits, or some metadata. If several viewers get their watermarked images, they can just compare their images and reconstruct the non-watermarked version out of their redundant data.
You just have to accept that if a human can look at your digital art, AI can also look at your digital art.
At the same time, I don’t think future is so grim. Sure, people will use ML tools to create memes or to put tits on a lizard, but artists cannot be replaced unless AI becomes sapient.
Posted Report
Fyrestar
Non-Fungible Trixie -
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

Lexi Fyrestar
I think i already know a way to make images invisibly identifiable to every of the registered viewers so if it’s leaked the responsible one can be hunted legally.
Any per-person digital watermark embedded in the image can be removed, whether it’s a visible watermark, a pattern in least significant bits, or some metadata. If several viewers get their watermarked images, they can just compare their images and reconstruct the non-watermarked version out of their redundant data.
You just have to accept that if a human can look at your digital art, AI can also look at your digital art.
At the same time, I don’t think future is so grim. Sure, people will use ML tools to create memes or to put tits on a lizard, but artists cannot be replaced unless AI becomes sapient.
You shoudln’t think just in that scope. You can use AI to alter an imagine without actually storing “data” in it, it’s the image, it’s unique just as other non AI alternations, you can’t know which parts are affected. There also is no “non-watermarked” image, don’t think of water marks, the original never is released.
Also instead of wining and giving up people should get their ass up and think out of the box. This is a war and not the last battle. If law wasn’t lacking behind as always this would be over already, in the end it’s also the majority who should decide if we want to turn art into useless inflationary worthless garbage.
Background Pony #5DDC
@Fyrestar
Yeah, but comparing few altered images reveals the alterations and allows people to remove them or at least modify them enough to disarm them. The result might not be a perfect copy of the original, but it won’t be useful for tracking anymore.
And I don’t think it’s a war. It’s just change. Things will shift around, but art will remain art. Photos did not replace paintings, images hallucinated up by computers won’t replace them either.
Posted Report
Fyrestar
Non-Fungible Trixie -
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

Lexi Fyrestar
@Background Pony #5DDC
Nobody has the original, you will compare modifications with modification, never knowing what the original is. With a lot luck you might get off the hundreds to thousands of fingerprints but the image rather will be blanked or distorted heavily. The key of this weapon is fear.
Posted Report
The Smiling Pony
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab

( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡° )
@Fyrestar
Or they’ll just put the images through a lowpass img2img and that’s that.
The “I give each subscriber a unique image so I know who leaked it” model isn’t new, I saw people doing it 15 years ago (ironically, with 3D art, which at the time was considered an no-effort trash by talentless hacks eroding the meaning of art etc.) It didn’t work, the most successful would have no more than a dozen “clients” and would burn out after a few months from all the overhead.
On top of that, everything always got leaked, anyway; aside from how trivial it is to fake an identity (you can buy a working credit card for like $20, even if it only lasts a few days), nobody outside whatever country you’re in is going to care about any legal threats even if “caught”.
Posted Report
Shpoople96
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Segmentation Fault
You greatly underestimate how easy it is to defeat watermarks like that. What you are describing will not work if any anon with too much time on their hands decides to spite you.
Posted Report
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide