The Anti-Censorship DNP Pledge

Barhandar
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
The Magic of Friendship Grows - For helping others attend the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Toola Roola - For helping others attend the 2019 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Helpful Owl - Drew someone's OC for the 2018 Community Collab

(twi|pony)booru.org
@Digiqrow  
I am slowly abandoning the ability to take it all seriously, given the staff are extremely obviously refusing to stop turbocaving to their ideology, so I’m watching threads and occasionally reposting screencaps of colossal hypocrites as links to said hypocrites’ posts.
Cammera
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

Undesirable
@Digiqrow  
Okay. It’s a twister. Including the entire day so it’s useful to more people.  
Parasprite made a thread trying to patch things up and undoing the censorship. The thread was cautiously well received by us and woot&co threw a hisy fit that didn’t amount to much other than twitter bitching and claiming they’d email the CEO of patreon.  
Then blossomfort made another thread reversing the situation and going full on censorship on absolutely everything that may be political, in a show that has had huge political themes so it’d include arguibly deleting screencaps. No one liked this. It was a gutwrencher because we were still reeling after Parasprite’s post.  
Only that was apparently Blossomforth going rogue and making the choice singlehandedly. These are the two posts parasprite made in that thread:  
full  
The thread in question has completely derailed into autistic shitposting because this is all too much, too bizarre, too much in the space of like two hours. Woot doxxed someone and got banned. All of derpi and 4chan united in their common hatred of woot, and every time they talk anywhere everyone replies with who are you. The one smidge of good out of this mess. That thread must be reaching two hundred pages of shitposting and telling woot to fuck off from the community now. Woot’s girlfriend continues to post and no one cares.

This is ass, guys. Complete ass. The only reason I’m not a nervous wreck right now is I spent two very therapeutic hours spamming nonsense along with the rest.

Way I see this Parasprite is the one who tried to patch things up and who got fucked over by dumbassery by a goddamn anime betrayal. None of the other mods seem to agree with Blossomfort’s choice, at least not publicly. Do you guys want to go for dropping derpibooru’s drama or to try showing parasprite support to help her feel better and get things back to normal?  
Fucking hell. Now I feel bad for being agresively cautious in Parasprite’s thread, even if I had no way to know what some asshole would do.
Barhandar
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
The Magic of Friendship Grows - For helping others attend the 2020 Community Collab
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.

(twi|pony)booru.org
@Digiqrow  
Honestly it’s pure schadenfreude circus.  
Anti-censorship crowd when censorship hits: organizes in a thread, politely discusses it and DNPs their art, urges anyone who already wanted to pull their money from patreon, and nobody else, to do so immediately, stays civil and provides extended logical arguments against censorship
Pro-censorship crowd when censorship is undone: screeches on twitter, issues full takedowns on their art, demands entire Derpi patreon be taken down by report-brigading it, insults anti-censorship crowd and the site repeatedly including by calling them bigots and bootlickers

So much for “love and tolerate”, hey, guys? Somehow people who you constantly insist are nazis, bigots, and otherwise directly insult are better at that than you.
Barhandar

(twi|pony)booru.org
@Digiqrow  
Was. byte[] was as well, and TSP was a dick, but apolitical.

Making Joey use twitter officially was a mistake. Twitter itself was a mistake.
doloresbridge
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

Peace to all
I like someone to gather stats both pledges. How many artist and how many images. I want to know how fair/mad I should feel at it. If it was a bunch of oldtimers who later drifted to furry twitter that’s one thing but if its a bunch of randoms with less then 50 images then I will be kind of mad.
dash888

All Mods Are Bastards
@doloresbridge  
And don’t think this wasn’t planned from the start. I’m sure TSP put para in charge for a bit just to make us shut up until patreonbux came in, then instantly reversed it.
Cammera
Artist -

Undesirable
@Barhandar  
Yeah– the absolute worst aspects of politics strongarming themselves into pony because of some bad actors.  
But let them leave and twitter drama, we KNEW there’d be a period of that and that the pro-censorship would pull something like what they did.  
Save Blossomforth. Things were briefly calm on our side of the field. Always the one ass.

But back to topic: Any community heals with time, and the schizm over censorship will gradually fade over time. I’d rather have at least an attempt at making a coalesced choice among the artists who participated here. What do you guys think, ditch the drama or try to support parasprite?

Asking that the problem admins be banned outright if it’ the later, of course. I don’t want another blossomfort who’d do it just to kill the community if they can’t control it.  
And then there’s that too– how do we or they pick problem admins. Voting? They’d also be suddenly shortstaffed. Then we’d have to elect new admins, at least temporarily.  
Fucking hell. Stuck between wanting to help and not wanting all the trouble that comes with it.
Cammera
Artist -

Undesirable
@Barhandar  
Gonna quote myself again  
You destroy the social contract because you have no love for your fellow man, because you call them depicable, because you want nothing more than to hate

Because it just becomes more appropriate over time.
Background Pony #47F5
@Cammera  
I doubt it’s salvagable at this point. It’s only a matter of time before years-old “problematic” art is removed at the demand of twitter.
Background Pony #2A6F
Just use filters if you have any problems. Its honestly quite a genious system.
Barhandar

(twi|pony)booru.org
@Cammera  
Ditch to greener pastures. Support Parasprite in private - the site doesn’t deserve her if she was being genuine, and it would be exploited if she wasn’t.  
Good luck getting rid of people who control the host itself/have intentionally manipulated themselves into being the only coder willing to work on Philomena (including by choosing Elixir and by rushing it like fuck) on Derpi itself.

And they will be shortstaffed regardless, the difference is that as-is, anti-censorship mods will leave due to not wanting to keep being trampled (and will likely be replaced by the likes of dilarus), and if by some miracle the clique is kicked out, you’ll have to replace the host, the coder, and everyone who supported them.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

This topic has been locked to new posts from non-moderators.

Lock reason: Thread completely derailed