The Anti-Censorship DNP Pledge

Background Pony #A8BB
Wait, are you telling me Zyklon Ben isn’t a raging antisemite/trumpthumper? Or do you mean general edits?

He’s a libertarian though he is a “trumpthumper” to an extent that makes most libertarians cringe. He’s not antisemitic at all and “Zyklon Ben” is an old /pol/ meme. See also Sarah Klandersen. But this is getting off-topic.

I think the major reason that commissions/private art is profitable despite the vast bulk of public art available is because of the unique framework of MLP. Commissioners usually commission art either to depict their OCs or because they have an uncommon fetish. My opinion is that a booru cannot become mainstream if it doesn’t respect this system.
Barhandar
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
The Magic of Friendship Grows - For helping others attend the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Toola Roola - For helping others attend the 2019 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Helpful Owl - Drew someone's OC for the 2018 Community Collab

(twi|pony)booru.org
@CottonTales  
Which depends on country the site is hosted in (and also the willingness of the artist to spend their time and, sometimes, money on doing so). There isn’t an absolute block on just hosting it somewhere IP laws don’t exist.
CottonTales
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Ruler of Sheep
@Barhandar  
Yeah I’m more saying its legitimately a rabbit hole we don’t want to go down that I could easily see ending up with less art available to the general public.  
Just respecting an artists wishes with their artwork is easier
Barhandar
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
The Magic of Friendship Grows - For helping others attend the 2020 Community Collab
Toola Roola - For helping others attend the 2019 Community Collab
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Helpful Owl - Drew someone's OC for the 2018 Community Collab

(twi|pony)booru.org
@Background Pony #A8BB  
That’s not unique to MLP and you can see people believing left and right that furries are even more profitable. It’s also a statement of fact that YCH auctions are more profitable than personal commissions (people really like their gambling…). But yes, being able to commission through a central hub instead of a trillion individual pages with no standardizations whatsoever is very convenient.

Also, commissions aren’t even applicable to the discussion because the user payment is the requirement to produce it, and the result is “free”. Artpacks and physical items are more to the point because they’re both effectively “goods” instead of “services”, made for an agreement to get paid later, and made in limited quantity respectively.
Background Pony #A8BB
A productive line of discussion would be: what features would you like to see in a competing booru? After all I know Derpibooru can be improved in a number of different ways. How should the rules be different to appeal to a large number of users while preventing undue censorship?
Background Pony #7C5E
@Background Pony #A8BB  
The rules are fine when enforced properly as written in their pre-june state.  
A publicly viewable mod-audit would solve the issue of mods overstepping boundaries, which seems to encompass the majority of problems I’ve ever heard concerning this site.
Twiface
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Princess of Kirinposting
is DNP compatible with free speech either?

I think it is. It would be a violation of the artist’s free speech if you allowed people to freely edit their work to give it messages they never wanted to express. If I were an artist, I wouldn’t want people to associate my work with ABDLfutabimboanthroscatvore edits.
Background Pony #47D6
A real, honest-to-Allah Syrian radical islamist propaganda on Youtube allowed to identify and take down terrorist sites it was recorded at, at least twice. If anyone silenced that propaganda, those people would continue to kill.
Propaganda accomplishes nothing but expose hateful people and let others track them down. It doesn’t make people convert - lack of education does. Pushing them away by branding them does. Forbidden fruit does.
The way to prevent any hateful group from gaining converts is to expose their lies. You can’t do that if you ban them and then pretend they don’t exist.

“Derpibooru shouldn’t censor posts because it helps identify people we should report to the authorities and/or cancel more broadly” is a really convincing point, actually.

It’d be even better if it could be enforced that contentious content requires non-anonymous sourcing, but that’s unachievable.
CottonTales
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Ruler of Sheep
@LemonDrop  
Freedom of speech isn’t actually freedom of expression you know

Like you can’t throw a bucket of paint on a public sidewalk and say it was freedom of speech or take a statue and cut off its legs and say its freedom of speech. You can’t take someone else’s work and change it and declare it fredom of speech

Freedom of speech is your freedom to get a point or a lie or a fact or an opinion or a theory or something out without being stopped. You can’t mess with someone else’s stuff and declare you could do it because it was how you chose to express your freedom of speech
LemonDrop
Duckinator - Same nonsensical quacks in every pond
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

C++ Crazed
@CottonTales  
Vandalism of private property is a completely different thing than just artistic expression, obviously those are two separate issues.

Also fair use is dumb, copyright in general is dumb etc. Don’t know what the proper thing should be (since fair use also is dealing with money most the time and that complicates things a good bit), but I can tell you nothing is wrong with editing someone’s artwork if you’re not selling it and the original creator is still attributed.
Skoon
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab
Hard Work - Merited Perfect Pony Plot Provider badge with only their own art
Magnificence - Artist with 100+ Safe/Suggestive images with over 100 upvotes, and 5+ Questionable/Explicit images with over 350 upvotes
The Power of Love - Made a piece of artwork loved by 1000 users
A Really Hyper Artist - 500+ images under their artist tag

Too tired to care
@Boxless  
It’s shameful.

Yet another reason I changed my position on this. Only one side seems to be in favor of doxxing and harassing and ddos attacks, etc.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

This topic has been locked to new posts from non-moderators.

Lock reason: Thread completely derailed