What's going on with Derpibooru and Nazis?

Background Pony #7130
It’s worth noting several artists heroically filing DNPs here are not filing DNPs on E621 which also permits nazi-tagged artwork.

Give it a year. Five bits says these DNPs will loosen or be redacted with no change to the site policy. We’ll get bored, move onto the next thing and once in a while someone will reference the Big Hullaballoo at Derpibooru in passing.
Barhandar
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
The Magic of Friendship Grows - For helping others attend the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Toola Roola - For helping others attend the 2019 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Helpful Owl - Drew someone's OC for the 2018 Community Collab

(twi|pony)booru.org
@Background Pony #7130  
Does glutamate even respect DNPs? I know nothing of their policies.

And yeah, it’s extremely blatantly anti-Derpibooru/pro-Twitter clique instead of anti-Nazi (as people have said repeatedly, Twitter has plenty of literal neo-nazis too, yet all those artists have no problems leaving “fascist harrassment nazi filled” Derpi in favor of it).
Background Pony #C42E
Some people think that satire and dark humor is basically endorsing nazis and removed the filters for them and are now salty and refuse to filter them out and think we have a nazi problem because of one article.
Background Pony #7130
@Barhandar

Eh, E621 is pretty stuffy with what policies they do claim to have. Most of the takedowns I see are pretty quickly reported. Personally I think it’s laughable that horse nazi garbage-art gets this much of a reaction but nobody has ever batted an eye over horse children getting fucked.

Interesting how we pick and choose when to be angry about something reprehensible, as if some of us are waiting for our principles to be more marketable.
--
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Artist -

*blorp*
I think the controversy is more about what Derpi wants to do about Nazis. It should be nothing, not constant switching back and forth about banning stuff or not.
Background Pony #F99B
@Background Pony #C42E  
It’s not that people “think” that. It’s that it is. Satire, dark humor, etc are just thin veils to excuse propaganda. If it’s Nazi, it is inexcusable. Full stop.

Kick her flank out to the curb, Aryanne must not be heard.
Background Pony #F99B
@–  
That it even exists and someone can see it is the problem though.

It shouldn’t exist. At all. Not here. Not anywhere.
--
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Artist -

*blorp*
@Background Pony #F99B  
And what gives you the authority to declare what should and shouldn’t exist? Censorship (and that’s what you’re describing) is a blight on humanity. You want to bring it here? Respectfully (but not really), I say no. If you absolutely cannot tolerate something, please leave, or take enough responsibility for yourself to use the very nice filter system the site offers everyone for free.
Background Pony #F99B
@–  
If you look at Nazis and can’t say “that doesn’t deserve a platform” then there’s no hope for you.
--
Artist -

*blorp*
@Background Pony #F99B  
Nobody deserves anything. Again, whether Derpibooru is a platform for hate speech or not is something you can change for yourself. Don’t force your views on others, and don’t demand that others pander to your squeamishness. If you can’t handle being here, leave for Bronibooru.
Barhandar
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
The Magic of Friendship Grows - For helping others attend the 2020 Community Collab
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.

(twi|pony)booru.org
@–  
And what gives you the authority to declare what should and shouldn’t exist?
Super oversized self-esteem and the feeling of moral righteousness?
Background Pony #B4A6
@–  
@Background Pony #C42E
Such a sad thing. ;-;

Many people don’t use filters because “filters are for pussies” and then they actually behave like ones and can’t take content that is filtered out by default… smh. If you don’t use filters then at least face consequences of that with some decency and don’t whine lmao.

I want to see stuff that offends me, stuff that I hate and not enjoy. I want to see stuff that makes me feel uncomfortable and makes me want to puke. It’s genuine curiosity. I want to see everything. Whenever I see post which has like 100+ downvotes just few hours after posting I’m like “oh, that’s gonna be good sh*t”, Censoring content takes away from me my right to be offended and insulted by stuff on this site xD It’s like this requirement to have seat belts on - this law takes away from me my right to perform suicide by hitting tree at 20 mph and I hate it.
abphinsom

It’s so comforting to know that most of the active artist MLP community on Twitter are authoritarian pro-censorship nutjobs.

Let’s be clear, censorship by corporations or private individuals on platforms is still censorship, it’s just not prohibited by the US government, which means none of it applies in any measure to Derpi since I thought this site is hosted in Central Europe.

@Amm

Do you have a handy post for the evidence of this?
--
Artist -

*blorp*
What do these people think they’re achieving? That they’ll be welcomed as heroes by the outside world? They draw ponies, for crying out loud.
Barhandar

(twi|pony)booru.org
@freefraq  
Hence the parentheses.

Honestly it feels like the old times, where the dumb people thought that hating on “broneys” was cool, all over again. Except now it’s hate on Derpi, while drawing lower and lower quality artworks in the pursuit of clout and money, with scant few exceptions.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide