Crazy Headcanons

Latecomer

I have never actually managed to work out a satisfactory backstory for those two - especially after canon trampled what I did have.
Mildgyth
Best Pink Pony - For being the first person to reach 50k uploads, managing the site's featured images, and countless other contributions to the site.
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab

Senior Moderator
Humata, Hukhta, Hvarshta
Following up on that, Celestia and Luna were both born in the Crystal Empire and lived there until a few years before Discord came through for the first time, and their motivation to help it stems from that rather than any magical importance.

In addition, there’s no biological difference between Crystal ponies and earth ponies - their slightly different appearances are a effect of the magic of the Crystal Heart. away from it, they’ll look like any regular earth pony.
DarkObsidian
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Economist -

Smiling Panzerfuchs 2.0
Grogar’s regime is the reason why all races and nations outside Equestria still think that Equestria is a land infested with monsters, which is best avoided.
DoctorWTF
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In addition, there’s no biological difference between Crystal ponies and earth ponies - their slightly different appearances are a effect of the magic of the Crystal Heart. away from it, they’ll look like any regular earth pony.

Wasn’t there a scene where the Mane Six somehow got themselves crystallized?
DoctorWTF
Non-Fungible Trixie -

I suppose it’s also possible that long-term exposure makes it so that the crystal skin lasts a while after one leaves the heart’s area of effect.

Also: Tempest never got a cutie mark because she was going to get one in magic, but then her horn got knocked off.
Latecomer

@DoctorWTF  
Well if it’s truly destiny, you won’t be. And if it’s more flexible, then your talent will adapt.

(In my headcanon, the only adult blank flanks have been in persistent vegatative states since they were still young enough to be marked. And I’m not even sure about them.)
Background Pony #3CDB
A Changeling who consumes too much love can become fat.

Changeling mind-control magic is based on love. If no one loves you, you’re immune. This doesn’t mean Queen Chrysalis can’t telekinetically drop a house-sized boulder on you, of course.
Lord WyrmSpawN
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Thread Starter - MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Lingering Wyvern
Changeling bodies run very hot for their size.

They become quite mindless and frenzied if put in higher heat for too long, and sluggish in cold climates.

Despite this, they can withstand below freezing temperatures, and harsh glacial environments are seen as ‘vacation spots’ for them.
DoctorWTF
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Changeling mind-control magic is based on love. If no one loves you, you’re immune. This doesn’t mean Queen Chrysalis can’t telekinetically drop a house-sized boulder on you, of course.

Wouldn’t it be more important that you not love anyone else?
user4897
Artist -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.

The Dazzlings are redeemed by the end of Rainbow Rocks, and it later confirmed as evidenced in Backstage Pass, seen when they remind Sunset they’re not causing the time loop and claiming they “paid the price” for “manipulating” Canterlot High
Background Pony #3CDB
Wouldn’t it be more important that you not love anyone else?

Depends on the punchline you’re going for. This one is pulled from a 4chan second-person greentext in which Anon is the only one who can stop Chrysalis, because no one loves him. No one’s grateful to him afterwards for saving the day, either. Being Anon is suffering.
Brass Beau

Howdy from Shimmer Pope
Cadence is the princess of love but she’s really only the princess of romance (eros) and family (storge). Twilight is the princess of friendship (philia) and unconditional love, i.e. putting others well-being before oneself (agape).
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide