Crazy Headcanons

Brass Beau

Howdy from Shimmer Pope
@Twiface  
The comics did have her go through a personal crisis over being seen as “the other princess” but besides being a bit of a frazzled mom there isn’t anything in the show that I can really think of. She’s mostly a blank slate and her entire character begins and ends with her relationship to the Sparkle family.
Korora
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Artist -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Let's keep calm here...
A few jerks in the extended Apple family will not let Fluttershy live down the eebat incident.
Brass Beau

Howdy from Shimmer Pope
@Korora  
Applejack has them sit at a separate table during social gatherings. Rarity keeps catching one of them looking over at Fluttershy and smiling.
DoctorWTF
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Some people might say that the ‘mysterious immortal chessmistress’ thing was just a façade, but I do agree that the writers in the later seasons may have somewhat degraded her in the name of comedy.

It started all the way back in season 1 with “Best Night Ever” - the Mane Six make a mess of the Grand Galloping Gala and run off in embarrassment, then Celestia follows them an she’s like “That was cool, you really livened things up!” (not unlike the end of “Make New Friends but Keep Discord”).
Background Pony #BEBC
@Background Pony #BEBC
There’s nothing wrong with spending time with schoolchildren (Celestia runs her own school, after all)

Not in and of itself, but she is (supposedly) a head of state. How many real-world heads of state lead the tour groups personally? I would have expected a very different set of priorities for a head of state’s very limited and finite time.  
Does this mean that Cadence is the only well-adjusted alicorn, or does she have problems too?

Cadence’s problem is peetzer.
Brass Beau

Howdy from Shimmer Pope
@Latecomer  
I saw it more as letting her hair down. Twilight was going to take over the kingdom. That was her plan. She was less worried about everything since she didn’t have to do it much longer. It’s like your last two weeks of work after giving your notice.
DarkObsidian
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Economist -

Smiling Panzerfuchs 2.0
Well, thanks to the help of Mellow Rhythm and the positive feedback of Communist Starlight I published my first English fanfiction right now. And you can maybe imagine how much problems this causes me, because I am German and therefore not an English native speaker. But you’ve all given me a reason for even attempting something like this.

And of course I am aware that not everyone will like this story. It’s also only the first chapter, but I have already finished the story, at least in German. I will only need some time to translate it into proper English. So far, I hope you’re having a little fun with it.

I may only have been here on Derpibooru for three years, but I have been an MLP fan from the very beginning. I love this site and the people who are active on it. I know that I’m a rather difficult person myself, and I really don’t want to annoy anyone. But at least you were all part of the inspiration. Along with the events of this year. This is now my first step towards a legacy (cough) that I would like to leave to the Brony/Pegasister community. You’re worth it. And therefore I take my hat off to this fandom.

Best regards and here is the link.

As I said, more chapters will follow by the end of this year. But my thanks go to everyone who takes the trouble to read this. And if you want, you can also send me a PM. No matter if he/she/they likes it or if you think I am a just a waste of time. Any form of criticism is welcome. Because you only become stronger by recognizing your mistakes. The only thing I want is a good story to tell. That is my only aspiration. ;-)

(2/3)

I’m sorry, I’m just going to post this in three threads that mean a lot to me personally. This is not spam, but simply a friendly invitation to those I think are contributing something special to this thread.
Twiface
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Princess of Kirinposting
How many real-world heads of state lead the tour groups personally? I would have expected a very different set of priorities for a head of state’s very limited and finite time.

full
Latecomer

Crossposting from Fimfic (because the overlap of members seems less than complete) my takes on the Manes as mothers.

Twilight might defer motherhood due to her various responsibilities (especially now that she’s ascended the throne), out of worry about the destructive potential of alicorn foals, or just for lack of a suitable father. If it did come to her, she would no doubt approach it in the same way she does everything - lots of preparatory research and checklists. Sadly, I think she might be one of the ones more likely to have a distant or strained relationship with offspring, between being busy a lot and having quite rigid ideas of childrearing when she is present. Of course the right other parent could help mitigate this, and Uncle Spike may also be a great help.

Applejack at first glance seems like an obvious mother, both in her commitment to her family legacy and in her temperament. But on the flipside, she’s so obvious it makes the show’s refusal to include such plots work against her - it seems like she might be content as an maiden aunt. Any kid she did have would benefit from Apple Bloom serving as a partial “trial run” and would probably be in good hooves.

Pinkie, as we’ve seen with the Cakes, has her strengths and weaknesses, but as with AJ, the “trial run” will help. A lot hinges on how similar to her the kids are - a shy or introverted one could be a big challenge. (Although Cheese - who was pretty shy and quiet himself - might be able to help with that.) And she’s definitely going to be The Most Embarrassing Mom Ever at some point, but what parent isn’t? Pinkie just does it with style.

Rainbow is one of the less obvious candidates - certainly, I doubt she’ll be down for anything as aerodynamically compromising as pregnancy any time soon. She’s another one who might struggle with a kid unlike her - although I think ambition and drive might be more important than athleticism - but I do wonder if she might struggle with a kid too much like her, too. Notably, she’s the only Mane without any experience with young children.

Fluttershy is probably the one where her capability to raise a kid is a lot bigger than her chances of having one. After all, she’s no doubt raised countless baby animals… a pony couldn’t be that much harder, right?… right? Of course, Discord might be a spanner in the works for this, whether it’s as father or “godfather”.

Lastly, Rarity is probably the least inclined to actually bear young, at least without a royal marriage to motivate her - a baby sister was trouble enough. Far better to just lavish gifts on one’s nieces and nephews. If she does end up with kids, adoptive seems more likely - an act of generosity that also lets her skip over some of the messier stages.
Brass Beau

Howdy from Shimmer Pope
  • Applebloom has a daughter with Tippy Taps named Apple Blossom.  
  • Applejack has a son named Red Delicious.  
  • Fluttershy and Discord run an interspecies orphanage. One day Fluttershy found Discord in the nursery, surrounded by eggs shells, holding a pink and yellow draconequus.  
  • Pinkie Pie had another filly name Opal Pie. She was disappointed Applejack didn’t immediately catch on to the name.  
  • Rarity ends up with two kids named Elusive and Adorabelle.  
  • Rainbow Dash has an earth pony son named Sky Runner. He’s the middle child and only non-pegasus. He loves his Aunt Scootaloo. His sisters are Aurora and Boreas.  
  • Scootaloo and Rumble have a son named Rainbow Blaze.  
  • Spike ended up hatching an abandoned dragon egg. He named her Barb.  
  • Sweetie Belle and Button Mash have a daughter named Chiptune.  
  • Twilight never found the time for romance but considers all of the creatures in her school her children. Only one villain was dumb enough to try and attack the school. He’s now a permanent fixture in the school garden.
DoctorWTF
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Pinkie, as we’ve seen with the Cakes, has her strengths and weaknesses, but as with AJ, the “trial run” will help. A lot hinges on how similar to her the kids are - a shy or introverted one could be a big challenge. (Although Cheese - who was pretty shy and quiet himself - might be able to help with that.) And she’s definitely going to be The Most Embarrassing Mom Ever at some point, but what parent isn’t? Pinkie just does it with style.

Issue 94 of the comic is supposed to star Pinkie Pie and Cheese Sandwich, presumably focusing on their transition from platonic friends to lovers. That should be entertaining.

Fluttershy is probably the one where her capability to raise a kid is a lot bigger than her chances of having one. After all, she’s no doubt raised countless baby animals… a pony couldn’t be that much harder, right?… right? Of course, Discord might be a spanner in the works for this, whether it’s as father or “godfather”.

Deviantart has a number of artists’ renditions of the possible offspring of Fluttershy and Discord. It had me wondering if Discord would ever have any interest in fatherhood. Compromising his own wants in the name of keeping a friendship going is one thing - the responsibility of parenthood is another level altogether.

Lastly, Rarity is probably the least inclined to actually bear young, at least without a royal marriage to motivate her - a baby sister was trouble enough. Far better to just lavish gifts on one’s nieces and nephews. If she does end up with kids, adoptive seems more likely - an act of generosity that also lets her skip over some of the messier stages.

Hell, remember “Baby Cakes”, when the Cakes asked the rest of the Mane Six to babysit before settling for Pinkie Pie? Rarity was the only pony to simply refuse - the others had other things to do.
Brass Beau

Howdy from Shimmer Pope
@Latecomer  
I’m a fan of the “Luster is a StarBurst child” headcanon. And most of the ones I posted were straight up conversions of an EqG next gen fix I’ve been working on.
Latecomer

@DoctorWTF  
Well, fatherhood and responsibility don’t always go hand in hand…

And yeah - I thought of that with Rarity too.

@Brass Beau  
It makes no sense, but it’s still pretty popular. (Like a lot of headcanons, I guess…)
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide