Faust worship

someguy111
Wallet After Summer Sale -

@Itsthinking  
This was from a long time ago. I think over a year ago. Anyway that’s actually pretty sad, purposely avoiding something you worked so hard on because you hate what it’s become. In a way though, I understand how she must feel.
Itsthinking
Princess Ember - Derpi Supporter
Diamond -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Silver Supporter -
Happy Derpy! -

🅱
@someguy111  
She doesn’t hate what it’s become, she’s just so dead set in what she wanted the series to be that she wants nothing to intrude upon that. She doesn’t want to watch it because she respects what the current team does too much.
someguy111

@Itsthinking  
Maybe hate was too strong of a word; disappointed, maybe? Even so that is sad. I can imagine if I had put so much into something and had a clear vision of where I wanted to to go only to have it be changed and not want to see it lest I get very upset/sad about what it had become. I love to design things (boats, cars, houses, etc.) for fun and even though it’s just a hobby I put a lot of thought and work in my designs and to see countless hours of hard work just thrown away like that would indeed make me very upset so I think I understand how she feels.
Itsthinking
Diamond -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Silver Supporter -
Happy Derpy! -

🅱
Sad that she can’t be there to see how it goes? Maybe. Anything else? Probably not. I think she’s said before that regardless of what happens with the series, she’s glad she made something that has entertained so many people.
Niggoslav_Krawczyk
Duck - Niggoslav_Kwaczyk
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
A Perfectly Normal Pony - Drinky_Butt
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

VIVA LA NOCTE
@Ebalosus  
This is what happens when one person alone works on a project.  
full full  
full  
full full  
full

full  
full

full

…Granted, Japanese people tend to be second only to dorfs in terms of sheer insane dedication to a single task. So there’s a slight cultural thing as well.  
There are two American soloers I am aware of though, although the second one is quite odd.  
full

full  
full  
This one started as a movie, but then halfway through morphed into a AAA-level 2D game, and now that he’s made money off the game, he’s going back into the movie. So this one could become a twofer!  
I also know a Russian film that’s based on Operation Citadel, but I can’t remember the title of it. They get a mulligan since there’s dick-all to do in 85% of Russia anyway though.  
The average time to make all the above is around a year except for Elysian and Cave Story (he still had a dayjob to look after), so thanks to modern technology it’s now feasible for a single person who has the idea, script, and storyboards planned out beforehand to churn out a movie each year all on their own. This means that fan episodes catered to with the same level of dedication could be done in around six to eight months (especially since ponies themselves are highly basic in body type) sans voicework/music solo, should someone have the required skillsets. The faster animators could even make two!

So, anyone with animation skills up for pulling together for a full fan season? 8D
King Sombra
Thread Starter - Unpopular opinion time

I just been going through youtube and found this song  
I switched the word God with Faust and the word devil with Hasbro.  
It dosen’t make 100% sense but some of it really syncs well with how people think of Lauren Faust.  
Maybe i should sitdown sometime and do my own version.
Background Pony #B9C5
She wasn’t perfect, but she was an important counterpoint to Hasbro. When she was on the team, Hasbro could talk her out of her stupid ideas and she could talk Hasbro out of theirs. When she left, Hasbro ran amok with the marketing-over-show-quality approach, giving us Derpygate, alicorn Cadence, and Twilicorn.
Itsthinking
Diamond -
Silver Supporter -
Happy Derpy! -

🅱
Plus, the current staff still fights for a lot. I think S&P wanted the slavery overtones in the S3 premiere toned down. Not sure how they got that through.
Background Pony #F42A
@Background Pony #7298
Necro lol, lmao. :)
Who else misses Faust?
Ever since she left, the writing Season 3 onwards can be a hit-or-miss more than ever, especially Season 9.
Btw Season 5 is one of the best Season for a post-Faust era.
Season 1 is the classic and warm up for a Faust era.
@Ebalosus
G5 may only have good start for a movie right now, and its later medias are very much hit-or-miss than G4 combined.
It doesn’t have the whole some merit as G4.
Posted Report
Cosmas-the-Explorer
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.

Explorer in Training
I would like to know how Faust would have finished MLP.
I’m mostly a mid season fan, but I genuinely love Faust’s creative vision.
I envision things as being more episodic and not serialized. I assume she would want it to go for some 3 to 4 seasons.
Posted Report
Ebalosus
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Silver Bit -
Sapphire -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Build commie blocks!
Totally agree with you on G5, which really sucks because the movie was great.
I will admit it would have been interesting to at least see, but as someone who has seen other shows where the creator stayed on until the end shit the bed and die, I don’t buy into the idea that it would’ve been necessarily better than what we got.
Posted Report
Cosmas-the-Explorer
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.

Explorer in Training
@Cosmas-the-Explorer
I will admit it would have been interesting to at least see, but as someone who has seen other shows where the creator stayed on until the end shit the bed and die, I don’t buy into the idea that it would’ve been necessarily better than what we got.
Yep. Not necessarily better, but different regardless.
Posted Report
DerpyFast
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

I think Season One is the most holistic and purposefully-crafted season. I also think the show got better the more of the original rules it broke.
I was there during the initial explosion. Having gone back and revisited Season One, I’m confident that it was a really solid show. However, there was often a large disconnect between what the fandom was hyping up, and what actually made the show good. Season One was sort of doing its own thing, and I still think the show would have benefitted from either a time skip or a soft reboot immediately after Return of Harmony.
Another thing was that part of the magic was watching them spin gold out of corporate mandates. Hasbro wanted a fashion pony, so Faust created Rarity, who wasn’t in her original vision. It made it feel like the staff was getting away with something by making an awesome show, and that we were getting away with something by watching it.
What I’d really love to see is what the original team could have done with 26 episodes and a special if they didn’t have that ei restriction.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide