Have you ever skipped an episode?

Pony Discussion » Have you ever skipped an episode? Search Posts
Background Pony #CCB9
Have you ever skipped an episode, whether because you had to go somewhere, or you just didn’t like the premise?  
Are there any episodes for Season 7 you plan to skip?
ArrJaySketch
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Artist -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Nope! There have been some episodes I wish I skipped in Season 6. I’ve been enjoying all of Season 7 so far.

EDIT: I do try to watch every episode so I know what’s going on. My curiosity will kill me otherwise. I also rather like the way many characters are voiced, and there are so many terribly cute little animations that often make up for an episode.
Background Pony #E245
No, I’ve never skipped an episode. My general opinion is that to do so is to miss out, because even if the episode doesn’t end up being a favorite of mine, watching it adds to my depth of knowledge of the world. Plus, sometimes an “ok” episode will have a single moment that more than makes it worth the viewing.

Case and point.  
LeoNero
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

Shine On U Crazy Diamond
Nope. I gotta know what’s happening so i can make sense of everything if there’s ever any continuity, or a continuation of something, or any certain progression of a character. Gotta know everything.
Background Pony #486B
No. Even if I dislike the synopsis/preview of a episode I will still watch it so I can get a full opinion on that episode.  
The Saddle Row Review is one of the best examples for a episode I thought was going to be boring and uninteresting after reading the synopsis. The preview didn’t help.  
However, The episode ended up being my favourite for the season and inside my top 5 episodes of the show.
Pause

World's Smallest Violin
Flutter Brother and Just For Sidekicks/Games Ponies Play.

Though neither were intentional. I just missed them. Tell myself I’m going to watch them yet never get around to it.
deactivatedfaafba

I have skipped an MLP episode twice before. I skipped the episode Sisterhooves Social and Hearths Warming Eve because the site that I was watching MLP FiM on had the link to them in the dub of another language. I kept continuing watching the episodes in English until I finally found an English dub of Sisterhooves Social and Hearths Warming Eve, I watched them then.
Ring Team
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

The only MLP episode I skipped was 28 pranks later, mainly because the premise of the story was completely forgettable and just pure filler. I remember some people told me it wasn’t unfair to talk about an episode like that, but we’re talking about an episode about Rainbow Dash pranking to everyone until she gets pranked.

Spoilers: she gets pranked.

To be fair, it’s really hard to find a great episode in Season 6. I can think of… three? Maybe four?
Mildgyth
Best Pink Pony - For being the first person to reach 50k uploads, managing the site's featured images, and countless other contributions to the site.
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Senior Moderator
Humata, Hukhta, Hvarshta
The Summer Sun Setback.

I just didn’t have the time to watch it and never got around to it.
Background Pony #99F7
The last one with Cheese Sandwich.

Cheese Sandwich has a great voice actor but his story was so predictable the fandom practically wrote the script 4 years ago. (The male party pony teams up with Pinkie Pie the female party pony and they marry in epilogue? Gee. Wow.)
wild_thunder
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Artist -

Yes, but by mistake  
I took a break from watching the show while they were uploading, I forgot which was the last one I saw and I skipped 3 episodes
Background Pony #4DB8
Yep. I have episodes every season I usually skip during a rewatch marathon or sometimes I’ll just watch the parts I like, but not the whole thing:

S1: Griffon the Brush Off, Call of the Cutie, Owl’s Well That Ends Well

S2: Luna Eclipsed, The Cutie Pox, The Mysterious Mare Do Well, Sweet and Elite, The Super Speedy Cider Squeezy 6000, A Friend in Deed, Dragon Quest, Ponyville Confidential, A Canterlot Wedding

S3: One Bad Apple, Magic Duel, Just for Sidekicks, Games Ponies Play

S4: Daring Don’t, Flight to the Finish, Twilight Time, Leap of Faith

S5: The Cutie Map, Tanks for the Memories, Princess Spike, Canterlot Boutique, What About Discord, The Mane Attraction, The Cutie Re-Mark

S6: No Second Prances, Newbie Dash, The Fault in Our Cutie Marks, Stranger Than Fan Fiction, The Times They Are a Changeling, Viva Las Pegasus, To Where and Back Again

S7: Foreve Filly, Not Asking for Trouble, To Change a Changeling, Once Upon a Zeppelin, Marks and Recreation, Uncommon Bond

S8: School Daze, Fake It ’Til You Make It, Grannies Gone Wild, Marks for Effort, The Mean 6, A Matter of Principals, Friendship University, Road to Friendship, Father Knows Beast, School Raze
Kiryu-Chan
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Wallet After Summer Sale -

World's Okayest User
Besides the entire second half of S9? S6 was getting real bad to the point where I was starting to skip episodes, 28 Pranks Later was the first time I an episode sounded so bad I wanted to skip it, since then I still have yet to see some episodes of S8 and 7 as well
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide