IDW Comics - Story Discussion (Spoilers)

Anon-a-Miss
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).

@RogueBadnik
People forget but starlight was once far more controversial than even Discord is now, when she was first reformed to the point that idw decided to stop showing her because of the sheer amount of backlash. Edit: guess them seeing Shes a more well received character now made them decide to bring her back.
It didn’t really help that she was basically the main character in the rather unpopular Accord story line and the one who saved the day by talking down Accord instead of Fluttershy.
TheQuietMan
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

House of the Arcana
@Background Pony #114F
One of the reasons. That and she was quite unpopular cause her flaws outshine her pros.
@Anon-a-Miss
Fluttershy was brainwashed so she couldn’t anyway and honestly would Accord even feel more bad than Discord knowing that one, he brainwashed her like she was nothing to him and two, if Accord even had empathy or feelings to begin with. Thinking about it, Accord would really jump the Knights of Harmony/Order and perhaps even join them.
Background Pony #2CBC
@CORDZ2000
Yeah but that was years ago, are you telling me they had cold feet for years on showing or having a plot about her or going on an adventure with the others?
TheQuietMan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

House of the Arcana
So regarding the pre-ornithian stories, what are the actual values and elements in place of Harmony? Since there’s Family, History and Purpose, it’s not exactly Harmony with what it already is represented by.
And asking the reverse for my compilation image, what element of love corresponds with Harmkny’s?
TheQuietMan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

House of the Arcana
@Background Pony #A464
Friendship in layman’s term. But in FIM consisted of Magic, Laughter, Honesty, Kindness, Loyalty and Generosity.
I do suppose the elements of Love do glow a familiar colour. But me being dumb, I’ve no clue on their correlation to Harmony.
Kiryu-Chan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

World's Okayest User
I already said nay. MLP’s Best comics in the last few years were the Transformers crossovers, and they’re losing that license. Otherwise a lot of their comics have been incredibly spotty, with very poor direction and writing, and I don’t see that improving under IDW any time soon
Also the way they say “ditches” like they’re proud that they’re losing those licenses is a really dumbass take
TheQuietMan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

House of the Arcana
@Kiryu-Chan
We shall wait and see. But I suppose Chrysalis being released is a cliffhanger no more and maybe they’ll get the redemption the show didn’t give which would ironically make the infamous ‘Fix’ canon and finally use Grogar for real this time. Since I’m a enjoyer of comics, I suppose additional things they could do is to build up more on those comic exclusive characters seeing that JW or not, they have little character and are easily forgettable. That or they only can make g5 comics.
Background Pony #779F
It takes TALENT to be as bad at writing as the writers for the MLP IDW comics are.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ponies Online! - April 13-14

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide