IDW Comics - Story Discussion (Spoilers)

Background Pony #8652
On a unrelated note, I think it’s interesting that no one used this thread for 3/4 months.
Wiimeiser
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Wallet After Summer Sale -
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag

(Foil Hat)
@Phoenixflambe
We don’t know how long harmony lasted under the unity crystals but 100 years is definitely short enough for languages to not drift; Gulliver’s Travels is older than all but three US states and yet we still mostly understand it today.
Background Pony #8652
Also:
👍
Though, I think people will say otherwise.
And tbf, Hasbro has a history of retconing stuff from the comic, Sombra’s reformation being one.
Even if it’s partially canon, I doubt it will last.
Wiimeiser
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Wallet After Summer Sale -
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag

(Foil Hat)
@icicle wicicle 1517
@RogueBadnik
In the spoiler I saw, Izzy says that a donut has aged 100 years, which is the closest we get to an exact amount of time. This is only how long Canterlot was abandoned for, not how long it’s been since G4. It’s also long enough so that only supernatural beings would reasonably still be alive while short enough that the three races’ languages wouldn’t have fully speciated, given that they have no issues with communicating either verbally or through writing.
DarkObsidian
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Economist -

Smiling Panzerfuchs 2.0
Since we’re talking about the IDW comics here, I would also have been interested to know if the statue is still sitting around there in Canterlot. In the last picture of #102 you can see it standing in a kind of small park near Twilight’s old tower (in Canterlot). And you can see that a part of Chrysali’s petrification is already crumbling away.
Well, no idea what the timeline will look like in the end. What will be canon, and what will not. And what path Hasbro/IDW will take in this regard. So far I am still good & satisfied. I just really wish they could finally come up with the idea to publish a book about the history of Equestria. Or at best an almanac/encyclopedia about the world of MLP G4/G5. ^^
Hey, don’t look at me like that… One can still have a dream, right? ;-D
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide