IDW Comics - Story Discussion (Spoilers)

DarkObsidian
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Economist -

Smiling Panzerfuchs 2.0
Eeyup. Kind of reminds me now of a Pen&Paper round I once led. At that time, the group was fighting a cult of horse lovers who were all a bit fanatical and crazy. I’m wondering where I got the inspiration for that? Oh… ^^!
LARSON!
Wiimeiser
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Wallet After Summer Sale -
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag

(Foil Hat)
you can see it standing in a kind of small park near Twilight’s old tower (in Canterlot). And you can see that a part of Chrysali’s petrification is already crumbling away.
That was supposed to occur before the Transformers crossover, but the pandemic delayed the mainline comics by several months while the Transformers crossover wasn’t delayed, so the order got messed up.
WaynePonePone
Fluttershy - For supporting the site
Happy Derpy! - For site supporters
Gold Supporter - Gold Supporter
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).

Flutters Hitchy Glimglam
So can anyone tell me what Discord is doing in the comic now. I know he is in it but I have his character tag filtered so I can’t see anything (Don’t really wanna see his face anyway.) Just give me like a general summary of what he has done and is doing right now in the comic. I don’t mind spoilers.
DarkObsidian
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Economist -

Smiling Panzerfuchs 2.0
Hm… A quick summary? Sorry, quick and short summaries, have never really been my strong suit. So, take a seat, have a cookie and listen… ^^
Well, big surprise, he’s still alive. He’s gotten old, though. He lives with some animals in a cave below the throne room in Canterlot. He invites the Mane 5 to what he calls a little soiree (tea party). His magic also seems to glitch, by the way.
Anyway, he tells how he fought the good fight with the Mane 6; and of course exaggerates his own part in it. But he says: “Twilight made sure everypony in Equestria felt respected and cared for, and all lived in harmony.” And how he and Fluttershy lived together in the animal sanctuary. “Until a wicked pony came along, one who caused pandemonium with her false ideas of a perfect Equestria.”
You can only see this pony as a shadow figure, but she literally says, “Unicorns have better things to do than wait in line.” She also knocks Fluttershy to the ground. After that, you see how everyone in Ponyville starts to distrust each other. Also, Discord and Fluttershy gradually lose their students because their parents no longer allow them to associate with them, which makes the Lord of Chaos weep inconsolably in the flashback. Although he tells the Mane 5 that of course he had to hold it together for Fluttershy.
And Discord says, “Then truly terrible things happened, much of which is far too frightful to describe.” He and Fluttershy are seen fleeing from storm clouds floating overhead. Then you see the image of the Mane 6 creating the Unity Crystals, and how peace returns to Ponyville.
Asking if a society without magic might not be more peaceful, he reveals to Sunny that he is the crystal thief. When the crystals were reunited and magic returned, he would have panicked, fearing that the ponies might use magic against each other again.
Of course, the Mane 5 get mad about this and want the stolen crystal back. When Zipp asks what he plans to do with it, he says that’s why he lured them to his cave. He does not know. This decision would be too big for him alone. But because Sunny, Hitch, Zipp & Pipp want to embrace magic, he turns to Izzy, who reminds him of Fluttershy. She was previously left alone in the forest.
And although Izzy don’t agree with him - she actually hesitates to give a clear answer - he says “But I’m going fix this for you, Izyy”. That he would find a way to destroy the crystal. He uses his chaos magic to tie the Mane 5 to the ground. Sunny thinks Twilight’s power would be too much for him to break the on protection spell from her. But he is sure that with a little reseach he will find a way. And with the words “I hope we reunite for another tea party during more peaceful times” it teleports away. This is more or less the end of the comic. To be continued…
Short enough? ^^
Edit: Perhaps briefly stated the reason he wants to fix it for Izzy. Fluttershy would have always made excuses for others throughout the years, but he could have seen how much it had hurt her. Just as he sees in Izzy how hurt she is about being left alone. He also says, “It’s hard to feel left behind simply because of magic you don’t possess.“
My personal opinion: Whether you like Discord or not. He certainly has an important point. Whether that is reason enough to destroy the crystal in his hands, well, that would have to be discussed. It is in any case a typical Discord move. ;-)
TheQuietMan
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~

House of the Arcana
@DarkObsidian
I was about to write an abridged version but that’s clear enough. In fact, it’s even clearer he ain’t malevolent this time, just as broken as the Scarlet Witch. He even utters the same infamous quote.
Background Pony #8652
I was about to write an abridged version but that’s clear enough. In fact, it’s even clearer he ain’t malevolent this time, just as broken as the Scarlet Witch. He even utters the same infamous quote.
Coming to think of it, what could’ve made him that way?
@DarkObsidian
And what were those truly terrible things?
DarkObsidian
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Economist -

Smiling Panzerfuchs 2.0
Ah, hence the reference. I had already wondered. But I haven’t been that into Marvel and DC for a long time. I grew up with it in the complete 80s and 90s, but somehow the fascination for it had diminished greatly after that. At least to the point that I didn’t immediately think of Scarlet Witch. But yeah, fine. That’s what you have folks on this site for, who kindly remind you. Thank you very much! ;-)
Let me put it this way: I would not be surprised WHO all survived the time span between the two generations. Halfway creative writers can always find a way to have a character from G4 show up in G5. Pact that into the comics, the canon-loving fans can sleep soundly ;-)
Whereas I’ll wait and see how Show has to show us everything anyway. If Hasbro is smart enough, they won’t show Discord in the show, but just let him rest in peace. I think I remember that De Lancie didn’t really want to play the role anymore. Or am I mistaken there now? Well, it’s not that important.
The show has to learn to stand on its own two feet anyway. I’d like it if they just left the more direct connections to G4 in the comics and didn’t try to retcon things to them in a big way. The world of G5 is just about to get interesting. I’d rather the show focus on discovering this new world (plus the slice-of-life episodes that go with it, of course). Nice with little gimmicks still from G4, but just enough so that no one gets a heart attack from it. More along the lines of: oh, look at this! I know this! ;-D
But I’m relatively easy to entertain anyway. Give me feeling. Give me drama. Give me laughter. And everything is okay. Just pleassssssse… Let the guards do something right at least ONCE this time. (laughs) ^^ Although I found the Pegasi guards all quite funny so far. Well, never mind. We’ll just see what else happens. ;-)
DarkObsidian
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Economist -

Smiling Panzerfuchs 2.0
They’re not really shown in this comic. You can see Discord, Fluttershy and two random ponies running away from the purple storm clouds rolling over the ground and in the background in the picture where he mentions this. Discord looks back over his shoulder with a frightened face, but you can’t tell who or what he’s looking at. In the next image you can already see how the Mane 6 create the three Unity Crystals. The only sentence, which is also in the same picture: “But finally, after many moons of unrest, the mane-ificent 7 (he means himself and the Mane 6 with it) were able to set things right.“
DarkObsidian
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Economist -

Smiling Panzerfuchs 2.0
True. I always forget that Peter spoke New Discord in Pony Life. Was a good job. I give him credits for that. ;-)
@DarkObsidian
Correct but in Pony Life, he’s replaced so it might be possible. But I’ll rather not. You’re right, just let the comics do the connections.
Eeyup! ^^

By the way, I’m reading the comments on YouTube of My Little Pony G5 Comic #2 (G4 BACKSTORY) [MLP COMIC]. You can really see the opinions bouncing back and forth. Half the fans love it, the other half despise it. (grin) I’m curious to see how long this topic will keep us busy. If you look at the already published info, covers & artwork from the comics, the story doesn’t seem to be resolved in the next issue #3. ;-)
WaynePonePone
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).

Flutters Hitchy Glimglam
@DarkObsidian
Well, that’s different. “This decision would be too big for him alone.” Never thought Discord would actually be humble to know his own limit, and finally it’s not “Discord causes the problem himself, can’t own up to his own mistake, and either half-assly fixes it or lets others do it for him.” Now it’s finally that someone else has done something horrible and he thinks something extreme is the only way to fix it. Now that’s the real definition of being misguided and coming from a good heart, instead of clearly doing something you know is wrong but pretending you have good intentions. Can’t believe G5 actually makes me like Discord again. Damn.
TheQuietMan
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~

House of the Arcana
@Wayneponeth
Thank DarkObsidian, that was what I was trying to tell you when I heard of the spoilers in issue 3. Now he’s actually genuinely misguided. You and I don’t like what he did in 9 but maybe he learnt for good. Though it’s up to Sunny to help him overcome it.
If I had typed mine in, it will only reinforced the opposite of my intentions. Besides it would only be a joke too.
WaynePonePone

Flutters Hitchy Glimglam
@Phoenixflambe
But wasn’t she doing the same thing Discord is doing now? Why is she blamed while Discord is praised? Please stop treating others unfairly to boost him or I’ll start hating Discord again.
CORDZ2000
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).

Draconequues Lover zcord
How about we just instead understand the characters and how they work instead of blaming anyone. Discord has been misguided but wants to be good ever post S4, twilight has been erractic when it comes to trying to solve a problem for the longest. These characters are actually pretty in-character by what they been defined by in this issue.
Background Pony #8652
@Wayneponeth
Bro, no one’s blaming her.
Take what @CORDZ2000 said:
Discord has been misguided but wants to be good ever post S4, twilight has been erractic when it comes to trying to solve a problem for the longest.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide