Viewing last 25 versions of post by Northern Verve in topic MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread

Northern Verve

[@DoctorWTF](/forums/pony/topics/mlp-g5-discussion-and-speculation-thread?post_id=5150327#post_5150327)

I'm aware of the Megan McCarthy quote, but I don't think the sisters seeming immortality being connected to the Sun and Moon is a confirmed thing. Which leaves us only with the question is if Twilight isn't eventually going to be as long lived as Celestia or Luna then why did she grow to Celestia's size AND why did Celestia and Luna retire if they knew Twilight wouldn't be able to live as long as them?

And even if that is the case, then it might help to have a clear message that Twilight is in fact dead so there's no confusion. Cause relying on one staffer's quote (Even if Meghan was a major showrunner at one point) that may have been contradicted by Season 9 isn't going to help matters at this point. This was a fault with G4 too, but again, this circles back to what I mentioned with how G5 will be inheriting some things about g4's world that fans still want to see, like an official canonized expansion on Alicorn lore. They put G5 in the same world, it should be expected that previous questions come back. Even if it was only to try to attract G4 fans to watch and nothing more. It's a side effect of implying it's a far off future sequel
No reason given
Edited by Northern Verve
Northern Verve

[@DoctorWTF](/forums/pony/topics/mlp-g5-discussion-and-speculation-thread?post_id=5150327#post_5150327)

I'm aware of the Megan McCarthy quote, but I don't think the sisters immortality being connectioned to the Sun and Moon is a confirmed thing. Which leaves us only with the question is if Twilight isn't eventually going to be as long lived as Celestia or Luna then why did she grow to Celestia's size AND why did Celestia and Luna retire if they knew Twilight wouldn't be able to live as long as them?

And even if that is the case, then it might help to have a clear message that Twilight is in fact dead so there's no confusion. Cause relying on one staffer's quote (Even if Meghan was a major showrunner at one point) that may have been contradicted by Season 9 isn't going to help matters at this point. This was a fault with G4 too, but again, this circles back to what I mentioned with how G5 will be inheriting some things about g4's world that fans still want to see, like an official canonized expansion on Alicorn lore. They put G5 in the same world, it should be expected that previous questions come back. Even if it was only to try to attract G4 fans to watch and nothing more. It's a side effect of implying it's a far off future sequel
No reason given
Edited by Northern Verve