Viewing last 25 versions of post by LeoNero in topic MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread

LeoNero
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

Shine On U Crazy Diamond
Chapter 2 thoughts

||Having watched all of chapter 2, I will say I have enjoyed myself so far with G5. despite a few problems i have with it which i will get into. It's a fun series with lovable characters, a decent story, good jokes, good animation (Despite having quality inconstancies)||

||The villain Opaline is alright. At first i thought she was meh, but the last few episodes really made me warm up to her a bit. Misty on the other hand I absolutely adore. She's definitely going to be a fan favorite if she isn't already. I won't lie when i say Opaline harshly scolding her an making Misty cry did get me emotional. By the end of it all, i hope Misty gets the happiest of endings, because she deserves good things.||

||Really great to see Twilight Sparkle in G5. Even if she was a hologram. My first reaction when i saw her, it caught me by surprise and i was freaking out. Don't believe me? Ask, Mr. Myoozik. And we actually got a bit of backstory about what happened before the events of G5. Looking like Twilight and Opaline had some bad history which ending costing harmony in Equestria. Give or take if you believe in Sunny's side, or Misty's side of the story about what happened, i'm sure all the pieces will fall together in future episodes and we know what really happened. Interested to see how it all plays out. Will we see the rest of the Mane 5? Applejack, Rarity, Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy, and Pinkie Pie? Maybe..||

||My favorite episode has to be Portrait of a Princess. I genuinely enjoyed the sisters dynamic together. And also like how the conflict and resolution wasn't just one sided, but they both took responsibility for their actions. So i really liked that. (Also, can they release a full version of Queen Haven's song please?) And as a side note really enjoy Zipp's detective character.||

||I'm glad that the G5 team added that because i felt early on in G5, she didn't really have much going for her when it comes to a really solid identity. You have the protective, animal loving, sheriff Hitch, The High energy and silly Izzy, The social media influencer, Pipp. And you have the Adventurous and optimistic, leader of the pack Sunny. But it may be just me but i always felt Zipp was the odd pony out when it comes to identity. Glad they added that to her.||

||My least favorite would have to be Ali-Conned. Kinda left a bit of a bad taste in my mouth tbh. Really sad that the townsponies of Maretime Bay only appreciate Sunny when she's an Alicorn. This probably would have been fine if we had a resolution to this. But we didn't. And i think that's what hurt the episode the most. Another thing that bothered me (And i know this is pretty minor) is that Opaline pretty much being Sunny's "inner voice" through the magic mirror, she had the appearance, but not the voice. They couldn't have Sunny's VA put on an evil tone of voice for that? It makes Sunny look really clueless and dumb for not noticing. I didn't like that at all. But yeah, really weak.||

||As for Sparky. He's okay... Even though he's just a baby dragon. But at least he has some relevancy to the story and an actual reason to be there in the series rather than just being another Flurry Heart who contributes nothing. Even though i don't really care for Sparky shenanigans. Though he is pretty OP with his fire breath turning phones into pizza. XD||

||Animation ranges from really great visually to feeling inconsistent. Few things i noticed at some points were visually awkward. Characters and environments look downgraded compared to other episodes and scenes. Misty's mane in one episode was animated and moving really weird. Some stiffness. Though i will admit, Episode 8's animation was very well done. It was close to the movie as possible. But hopefully in Chapter 3 they would have a more consistent animation||

||That's all i have to say for now. In conclusion. This is a good series so far, despite some problems. I'm still looking forward to how things play out in chapter 3.||

No reason given
Edited by LeoNero
LeoNero
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

Shine On U Crazy Diamond
Chapter 2 thoughts

||Having watched all of chapter 2, I will say I have enjoyed myself so far with G5. despite a few problems i have with it which i will get into. It's a fun series with lovable characters, a decent story, good jokes, good animation (Despite having quality inconstancies)||

||The villain Opaline is alright. At first i thought she was meh, but the last few episodes really made me warm up to her a bit. Misty on the other hand I absolutely adore. She's definitely going to be a fan favorite if she isn't already. I won't lie when i say Opaline harshly scolding her an making Misty cry did get me emotional. By the end of it all, i hope Misty gets the happiest of endings, because she deserves good things.||

||Really great to see Twilight Sparkle in G5. Even if she was a hologram. My first reaction when i saw her, it caught me by surprise and i was freaking out. Don't believe me? Ask, Mr. Myoozik. And we actually got a bit of backstory about what happened before the events of G5. Looking like Twilight and Opaline had some bad history which ending costing harmony in Equestria. Interested to see how it all plays out. Will we see the rest of the Mane 5? Applejack, Rarity, Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy, and Pinkie Pie? Maybe..||

||My favorite episode has to be Portrait of a Princess. I genuinely enjoyed the sisters dynamic together. And also like how the conflict and resolution wasn't just one sided, but they both took responsibility for their actions. So i really liked that. (Also, can they release a full version of Queen Haven's song please?) And as a side note really enjoy Zipp's detective character.||

||I'm glad that the G5 team added that because i felt early on in G5, she didn't really have much going for her when it comes to a really solid identity. You have the protective, animal loving, sheriff Hitch, The High energy and silly Izzy, The social media influencer, Pipp. And you have the Adventurous and optimistic, leader of the pack Sunny. But it may be just me but i always felt Zipp was the odd pony out when it comes to identity. Glad they added that to her.||

||My least favorite would have to be Ali-Conned. Kinda left a bit of a bad taste in my mouth tbh. Really sad that the townsponies of Maretime Bay only appreciate Sunny when she's an Alicorn. This probably would have been fine if we had a resolution to this. But we didn't. And i think that's what hurt the episode the most. Another thing that bothered me (And i know this is pretty minor) is that Opaline pretty much being Sunny's "inner voice" through the magic mirror, she had the appearance, but not the voice. They couldn't have Sunny's VA put on an evil tone of voice for that? It makes Sunny look really clueless and dumb for not noticing. I didn't like that at all. But yeah, really weak.||

||As for Sparky. He's okay... Even though he's just a baby dragon. But at least he has some relevancy to the story and an actual reason to be there in the series rather than just being another Flurry Heart who contributes nothing. Even though i don't really care for Sparky shenanigans. Though he is pretty OP with his fire breath turning phones into pizza. XD||

||Animation ranges from really great visually to feeling inconsistent. TFew things wi noticered juat some points were visually awkward,. cCharacters and environments look downgraded compared to other episodes and scenes. Misty's mane in one episode was animated and moving really weird,. sSome stiffness. Just all over the place in some areas. Though i will admit, Episode 8's animation was very well done. It was close to the movie quality as possible. But hopefully in Chapter 3 they would have a more consistent animation||

||That's all i have to say for now. In conclusion. This is a good series so far, despite some problems. I'm still looking forward to how things play out in chapter 3.||

No reason given
Edited by LeoNero
LeoNero
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Shine On U Crazy Diamond
Chapter 2 thoughts

||Really great to see Twilight Sparkle in G5. Even if she was a hologram. My first reaction when i saw her, it caught me by surprise and i was freaking out. Don't believe me? Ask, Mr. Myoozik. And we actually got a bit of backstory about what happened before the events of G5. Looking like Twilight and Opaline had some bad history which ending costing harmony in Equestria. Interested to see how it all plays out. Will we see the rest of the Mane 5? Applejack, Rarity, Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy, and Pinkie Pie? Maybe..||

||As for Sparky. He's okay... Even though he's just a baby dragon. But at least he has some relevancy to the story and an actual reason to be there in the series rather than just being another Flurry Heart who contributes nothing. Even though i don't really care for Sparky shenanigans.||

||Animation ranges from really great visually to feeling inconsistent. Things were just visually awkward, characters and environments look downgraded compared to other episodes and scenes. Misty's mane in one episode was animated and moving really weird, some stiffness. Just all over the place in some areas. Though i will admit, Episode 8's animation was very well done. It was close to the movie quality as possible. But hopefully in Chapter 3 they would have a more consistent animation||

No reason given
Edited by LeoNero
LeoNero
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Shine On U Crazy Diamond

||Really great to see Twilight Sparkle in G5. Even if she was a hologram. My first reaction when i saw her, it caught me by surprise and i was freaking out. Don't believe me? Ask, Mr. Myoozik above me. And we actually got a bit of backstory about what happened before the events of G5. Looking like Twilight and Opaline had some bad history which ending costing harmony in Equestria. Interested to see how it all plays out. Will we see the rest of the Mane 5? Applejack, Rarity, Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy, and Pinkie Pie? Maybe..||

||As for Sparky. He's okay... Even though he's just a baby dragon. But at least he has some relevancy to the story and an actual reason to be there in the series rather than just being another Flurry Heart who contributes nothing. Even though i don't really care for Sparky shenanigans.||

||Animation ranges from really great visually to feeling inconsistent. Things were just visually awkward, characters and environments look downgraded compared to other episodes and scenes. Misty's mane in one episode was animated and moving really weird, some stiffness. Just all over the place in some areas. Though i will admit, Episode 8's animation was very well done. It was close to the movie quality as possible. But hopefully in Chapter 3 they would have a more consistent animation||

No reason given
Edited by LeoNero