MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread

Mikey
Sky Spark - For Patreon supporters
Pone of Astronomy - For Patreon supporters
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Artist -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.

Ayriana
I gotta say, I’m pretty stoked for this.  
Netflix can eat my ass if they think I’m giving them a cent just to see it though, I would really have preferred to see it in theaters, but alas.

@SparkleDash  
Calm down man, it’s just a show, no need to take it that seriously…
natef

@SparkleDash

Massive war and genocide? You sure are making a lot of assumptions you have no reason to.

I’m pretty sure Tara Strong is doing just fine right now, I doubt she exerts much if any emotional energy into the perceived canon disrespect of this movie before she’s even seen it.
SparkleDash

Professional Shipper
@Background Pony #93C5  
But fiction effects reality. We never would’ve had the cellphone if Star Trek didn’t predict it with their communicators. And if we had more positive fiction saying that the future can be a wonderful magical place filled with hope and love for all, we’d be more likely to have a better outcome. Instead, fiction like this movie is telling kids “The world is going to be destroyed in your lifetimes, through war, climate disaster, genocide, disease and mass death. There’s nothing you can do about it, but maybe the few survivors’ grandkids’ grandkids’ grandkids’ grandkids will have a somewhat decent time rebuilding the Hell that will inevitably befall you.”

I want to prevent an apocalypse scenario, not teach kids that they need to accept it and that their life has no purpose or meaning. 🥺
natef

“We never would’ve had the cellphone if Star Trek didn’t predict it with their communicators. “

Ok, you really should stop typing.
SparkleDash

Professional Shipper
@natef  
From Time Magazine, on Marin Cooper, the inventor of cellphones:

“While working for Motorola, he created the first personal cell phone, citing Captain Kirk’s communicator on Star Trek as an inspiration.”

When you teach kids to accept their world being destroyed, that’s the future that you’re creating for them. 😔
SparkleDash

Professional Shipper
@Background Pony #93C5  
The only help I need is to see our beloved G4 ponies return and bring peace back to Equestria. How are we supposed to have any hope of improving the world if cynicism and hatred is so intrenched in our society that we’re even putting it in our lighthearted kids’ movies?! Please, the world doesn’t have to be destroyed! We don’t have to have a third World War!!! We don’t need to do genocide!!!!! We don’t need to kill each other at all!!!!! And if we all come together, we can overcome whatever challenges may face our species, be it climate change or an alien invasion, we do not have to accept our own defeat!!!!!

This movie is teaching kids to give up on their own lives. It makes me so depressed. 😞
Background Pony #13BA
@SparkleDash  
You gotta realize how much time has passed since FIM. It’s been referred as “ancient” meaning a significant amount time has passed. This also means our beloved characters have passed away. Even if they do come back, what would be the point? The series would try too hard to rely on them and not focus on the new characters. They’re not immortal. As for Twilight, I’m not sure. G5 is probably going to be it’s own thing despite being in the same world as G4. Please take this as fact and try not to complain and add too much nonsense.
SparkleDash

Professional Shipper
@Background Pony #13BA  
Twilight will always be immortal to me. The traditional definition of immortality does not exclude the ability for their life to be ended via murder, though. I worry this happened to my favorite alicorn Princess and that it was brutal and tragic. Maybe she’s in exile and will return? 🥺
Background Pony #93C5
@SparkleDash  
You really do believe in that “if FiM runs, the world is magic harmony”???

After FiM ended in 2019, the bad things that happened or could’ve happened you mentioned are in 2020, no wonder this coincidence, I mean coincidence, messed your mental state now.

FiM just go when it has done its job, nothing to do with all the crazy things you mentioned, now this is the help.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
@Mikey

Ain’t that the truth.

Although I think MLP was supposed to get theatrical release until Covid changed things.

That said I’m pretty sure Netflix let’s you do a week free trial. So try that in a couple days.
stalker1234

meeeeeee
@Background Pony #13BA

I recommend that you do not express your opinion so much, the fans of G5, it bothers them a lot that you are a fan of G4, he said it because they harass me and make fun of me because I am not an idiot fan of new ponies
stalker1234

meeeeeee
@SparkleDash

I insist, many current G5 fans are because for them it ended in 2019 and they did not even see season 10 of the comics, much less the current stories and I doubt that the crossovers, they only wanted new ponies, there is no other explanation, do not look for answers, it is just that, some fans of the same pony who only want new ponies, they will not really care about the story, they are willing to ruin or kill G4 just for new ponies. and I know they are so fiery that they will upload my post to Twitter
Dex Stewart
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Ecto-Phase,Activate!
I’m looking forward to the new film. I’m not super excited, if it ends up bad it won’t bother me much. G4 had a very good run. It probably lasted longer than any previous generation. It had loads of comics and books, the Equestria Girls spinoff,Pony Life, the only thing it was missing was video games. The new movie I think looks good.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide