MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread

ApplejackFan204
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)

Awesome dude
I’m hoping for a sequel to New Generation and calling it: My Little Pony Next Generation: Beyond Equestria.
And here’s the premise:
A few months after uniting all three pony tribes together, Sunny Starscout and her new friends discover that they are other non pony races out there. And one of them, the Kirin, have been burning lands all over the map, and is heading towards Maretime Bay. Now Sunny and her friends must reunite the non pony tribes before everything turns to ash!
Cast:
Vanessa Hudgens as Sunny Starscout, an optimistic Earth Pony activist that believes in the magic of friendship.
Kimiko Glenn as Izzy Moonbow, a hyperactive Unicorn who makes art.
James Marsden as Hitch Trailblazer, the brave sheriff of Maretime Bay and animal magnet.
Sofia Carson as Pipp Petals, a royal Pegasus and social media star.
Liza Koshy as Zipp Storm, the rebellious older sister to Pipp, and part time scientist.
Ken Jeong as Sprout, the cowardly former deputy who is currently doing community service.
Jane Krakowski as Queen Haven, the hammy queen of the Pegasi and Zipp and Pipp’s mother.
Phil Lamarr as Argyle, a unicorn who loves to play games.
Elizabeth Perkins as Phyllis Cloverleaf, the CEO of Canterlogic and Sprout’s mother.
Ali Milner as Dragon Lord Ember, the ancient dragon ruler of the Dragon lands.
New characters:
Kristen Bell as Willow Spark, the hot blooded leader of the Kirin who wants to burn all of Equestria down and rebuild it for her people.
Awkwafina as Sage Burn, Willow’s assistant.
Patrick Stump as Wave Breaker, the laid back prince of the Hippogriffs who likes to surf.
Jim Rash as Sky Skimmer, the level headed advisor to Wave Breaker
Brie Larson as Glenda, a free spirited griffon who likes to dance.
Jason Mantzoukas as King Gary, the temperamental king of the of the Griffons.
Halsey as Cinder, the no nonsense herald for Dragon Lord Ember who secretly likes to sing.
Henry Winkler as King Carapace, the absent minded ruler of the Changelings.
Kate Micucci as Clypeus, an intelligent changeling who likes books.
Ice Cube as King Yosef, the loud and abrasive ruler of the Yaks.
Lil Nas X as Prince Yancy, the kind hearted son to King Yosef.
I really hope this comes true.
hironakamura
Artist -

@Pinto Bean
I don’t think any kid would appreciate being called anyone’s side kick. Would you like it if you’re just considered a side kick by someone instead of a friend? Sunny, Hitch and Sprout were three friends that hang out after school.
It gets even more interesting when you realize Sprout’s childhood dream of becoming a sheriff was stolen from him by his childhood friend.
Harmony Gladebloom
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Economist -
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.

Hooves to Hearts! /<3)
@ApplejackFan204
That… would not be a good way to go, especially not so early. One of FiM’s greatest weaknesses in its later seasons was a lack of focus, so trying to drag everything from the course of its 10-year run into the start of this new generation would be a disaster at best. Friendship is Magic itself had difficulty trying to balance everything new it piled on without the core cast and setting falling to the wayside, and G5 still has to flesh out its own world and characters, along with the fresh resurgence of magic.
I’d honestly much prefer the opposite of what you’re suggesting: a series focused on the Mane Five bonding together and exploring the world they live in, with occasional searches for Ancient Equestrian relics to rediscover the past and unearth details of the Mane Six’s legacy.
TheQuietMan
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

House of the Arcana
I just realised, Haven is a “queen” and according to what the movie is, is a mother to two princess daughters Pipp and Zipp. If Cadence is a mom to Princess Flurry Heart, why isn’t she Queen? In fact, why and how did Haven became queen instead of a higher princess?
Wiimeiser
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag

(Foil Hat)
Someone on EQD said:
I think it shows as well with where the tree is, that Bridlewood probably was founded in the remnants of the Everfree forest
Then is the canyon they crossed the eroded remains of the river Steven Magnet lived in? That gorge from elsewhere in the Everfree?
EDIT: Regarding the naming of Gloomy Sonnet, are we sure there isn’t a first-name-last-name situation like Sunny and Izzy seem to be? Though that breaks with Zipp and Pipp unless we go with my headcanon that Pipp is actually a title, derived from Littlepip
@Phoenixflambe
@WyrmSpawN
@Background Pony #EB72
@WyrmSpawN
@Background Pony #EB72
That also makes Haven the first fictional non-villain queen since… I literally can’t name any others. I think she’s the first good queen this past century, at least for characters who are queens from the start, because the only other good queen I can name from the past 100 years is Queen Elizabeth II…
Northern Verve

That also makes Haven the first fictional non-villain queen since… I literally can’t name any others. I think she’s the first good queen this past century, at least for characters who are queens from the start, because the only other good queen I can name from the past 100 years is Queen Elizabeth II…
Kind of a real minor example given she doesn’t appear for all that long but… I believe Queen Novo from the 2017 MLP movie qualifies. I know she didn’t exactly jump to aid the Mane 6 at first, but it looked like she was going to until… Twilight tried to take the pearl (Twilight’s still my favorite pony but god damn did I not like the decision to have her do that)
Roseluck
Roseluck - For supporting the site

@Wiimeiser
Queen Angella, Glimmer’s mother in She-Ra and the Princesses of Power is one example of a good queen. One who got things done in the past too, she was the leader of the alliance of countries against the Horde before the whole coalition was crushed into insignificance if I recall correctly.
On screen, in the present, she was like Haven too. Shown as being a loving mother more than depicted ruling her country.
She also has literal angelic wings in addition to being named Angella, so yeah.
Background Pony #CB27
@Wiimeiser
“First queen”???
Oh, you’ve shown how little you have known about queens, step back from Disney, and look further, you even forgot Queen Novo from G4, also Celestia was called Queen by Faust herself at first.
xLeadMarex
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!

Extremely indecisive!
I just realised, Haven is a “queen” and according to what the movie is, is a mother to two princess daughters Pipp and Zipp. If Cadence is a mom to Princess Flurry Heart, why isn’t she Queen? In fact, why and how did Haven became queen instead of a higher princess?
G4 was odd with many systems. G4 used “queen” as evil rulers. Princesses were seen as good rulers to children’s eyes. Like the Queen of Hearts, Princess Ariel of the Sea, e.t.c. Aka a bit of a Disney logic. G5 drops that and tries to be a little more realistic in terms of naming of ranks.
Background Pony #CB27
@xLeadMarex
Disney’s old days were very misogynistic.
G4 has to face this barrier, and barely made it.
G5 is the true game changer now.
Northern Verve

It is a bit of Disney logic, at least certainly meta-wise. Though I do feel like by Season 4 they kinda established that Princess is a bit of a different definition in G4’s world at least in Equestria. It’s not just the female heir/daughter of the ruling queen, but the actual title given to the leaders at the very top (…Even if that should mean they are all in effect… queens). There’s no real in-universe explanation for why they go with Princess as the title rather then a Queen. But meta-wise, Hasbro had them call Celestia and Luna princesses out of aforementioned Disney logic as part of the many ways they played it safe in the first season, and they couldn’t exactly have changed that so suddenly mid-show.
At the very least they slightly opened up on the Queens in the form of Novo. But I understand that can be weird for anyone. I just got used to Equestria Princesses = Queens in all intents and purposes.
Shimmering Spectacle
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)

sTs trinity
in case y’all didn’t noticed, i saw dr.wolf’s latest video on g5, and got me thinking that their memories may have been taken away by someone who either another memory stone or some artifact like it, making them forget what really happened.
Background Pony #CF50
There’s no real in-universe explanation for why they go with Princess as the title rather then a Queen.
Titles in real life always were inconsistent and strange.
Some titles that are known to be under the king nowadays were originally country-ruling titles.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide