MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread

Background Pony #CE90
@Background Pony #CE90
uhh, sunny doesn’t know much about alicorns tho, and she not quite an actual alicorn, she only uses the horn and wings when needed.
and yeah zipp is growing more sus now, after seeing the glass that was broken off the top floor of the blighthouse.
Sunny hid something from her friends. It is possible that this is in connection with her alicornhood.
She is an alicorn, just not a permanent alicorn, because her powers are getting stronger and stronger over time, and she will become less and less earth pony over time. Also, it seems that Sunny may have “grown” in her height a little in relation to her friends, which could not be seen at first. We know from the carpet that she will be as big as Luna at the end - and Opaline is just as big.
We still don’t know how Opaline learned that there is an alicorn out there, it’s possible that she “sense” the new alicorn and started spying on Maretime Bay when C1 took place. Sunny never explained to anyone about the mirror image that had tried to manipulate her, and she can’t have been so ignorant in hindsight. She must have pondered this, and perhaps she “senses” someone far out there.
Zipp doesn’t want to confront Misty at first and doesn’t want to get into a conflict with her friends about her suspicions about Misty, so she’ll probably keep her mouth shut. She wants to wait until she can catch Misty, she hasn’t forgotten Twilight’s warning.
LoreJuniper
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).

#1 Misty Stan
Also that was a real fun episode! Real nice to see plot progression and such. Altho this def shows yhe diff with tyt and mym alot with misty and opaline
DerpyFast
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.

That was a good one. Another thing we should have gotten from Alicorn Twilight: a training montage where all her friends help her master her powers.
It also looks like Misty is just about done with Opaline.
Background Pony #CE90
That was a good one. Another thing we should have gotten from Alicorn Twilight: a training montage where all her friends help her master her powers.
It also looks like Misty is just about done with Opaline.
But Sunny needs to learn spells. This is Opaline’s advantage in facing Sunny, all the new alicorn is trained in is just getting stronger in raw power. And we know that brute force isn’t enough, especially since alicorns as purely magical creatures are dangerously vulnerable to spells if they can’t defend themselves or are on guard. When Sombra faced the royal sisters, he was much weaker than them - yet he was able to give them a run for their money.
The way Sunny uses her alicorn powers suggests that she is probably an “earth” alicorn. Earth can be used to extinguish fires. Earth Alicorn verses Fire Alicorn. Sunny is embracing what it means to be an alicorn, the fact that she may have hidden someone important from her friends because she doesn’t want to upset them, is part of what it means to be an alicorn - or a leader. We saw early on in a TYT episode that Sunny got a clear vision of what it means to be an alicorn, and won’t stay in the background for long. She will not only help other ponies, she will also protect and show other ponies what needs to be done.
Her first trial approaches.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
Episode was good but it felt like 2 stories chopped up and crammed together into one short. It would’ve worked if we had some 22 minutes to spread it over, but 5 minutes doesn’t leave much room except for concise plots.
The biggest example I’m thinking of is wondering how Misty got skydiving in the first place. That’s worth the plot of a short all on its own.
WestRail642fan
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
Non-Fungible Trixie -
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

Lord of Bacon
Episode was good but it felt like 2 stories chopped up and crammed together into one short. It would’ve worked if we had some 22 minutes to spread it over, but 5 minutes doesn’t leave much room except for concise plots.
The biggest example I’m thinking of is wondering how Misty got skydiving in the first place. That’s worth the plot of a short all on its own.
i think she somehow got her hooves on a trebuchet
CloudMistDragon
Artist -

Misty Shadow
I absolutely loved that new Tell Your Tale episode. THAT is the kind of episode that is worth two weeks of wait, definitely. Misty at her best, character progress for Sunny, the perfect tension building at the end, easily top-tier.
WestRail642fan
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
Non-Fungible Trixie -
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

Lord of Bacon
I absolutely loved that new Tell Your Tale episode. THAT is the kind of episode that is worth two weeks of wait, definitely. Misty at her best, character progress for Sunny, the perfect tension building at the end, easily top-tier.
not to mention Misty standing up for herself.
Pipp was being her perfect self uwu
DerpyFast
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.

@Dustcan
Nah. I think this is exactly the sort of thing the five-minute format excels at. It’s a nice, self-contained training montage and everything was there that needed to be there.
🧡☮Starrscout☮🧡
Duck - Hates MLP:FiM but still paddles around the MLP:FiM pond quacking about how bad it is

Is it only me, or does there seem to be almost NO G5 NEWS at ALL this entire Dec.-Now? We had all that early news in 2022, and I know that was def. cause the movie came out shortly before, and then nothing this year except the EQG dolls, Chapter 4’s rumored June release, and…
would there be any reason for this?
GoodVibesGorgeous

Grumpy and antisocial
For some reason, Netflix Brazil is using the European Portuguese title for My Little Pony: Tell Your Tale (“My Little Pony: Conta a tua história”) instead of the correct one (“My Little Pony: Contando a sua história”). The YouTube uploads also used the European Portuguese title until episode 40 or 41. And the My Little Pony: Make Your Mark videos on the Brazilian Portuguese YouTube channel are also mistakenly posted with the European Portuguese title (“My Little Pony: Um sinal de que és especial”) instead of the correct one (“My Little Pony: Deixe sua marca”).
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide