MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread

Cosmas-the-Explorer
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.

Explorer in Training
Tomorrow we’ll get some facts about Pipp it seems. I really enjoy Instagram stories revealing previously unknown stuff or confirming certain assumptions.
Background Pony #CF24
@animomo4  
There is nothing wrong with them phasing out of G4. This is the only time Hasbro being a toy maker come in handy from a storytelling perspective, not letting themselve being forced to follow G4 continuity to a T, I would be hypocritical if I chastised those people for trying something new and on the plus side, they won’t denature Faust work further with Equestria Girls bullshit. If they want to turn the G4 page, I say why not? It lasted a full decade, so it’s the good time to quit while they were more or less ahead instead of turning G4 into a zombie franchise like The Simpsons or SpongeBob. That’s the strength of this franchise,it’s structure allow it to renew itself
Background Pony #CF24
@Background Pony #CC20  
Sunny Starscout falling into a Serial Experiments Lain-esque depression as she see what a shitshow Internet culture is, is being dragged out of her bedroom invaded by cables and screens by Pipp who bitterly regret to have introduced her friend to the PonyWeb
Background Pony #121A
@Background Pony #AC19
I knew she would be the older sister
But this could be a problem for such a rebellious, freedom loving mare.
It looks like that’s one of the conflicts Zipp will have to go through.

She can relinquish the throne to Sunny at best if she did not want to become queen after her mother. If she were to succeed her mother, she would become the most powerful pony in Equestria, but her personality does not suggest a general desire to give up her rebellious nature. So if Sunny at the end of the G5 becomes a permanent alicorn and is accepted by all pony governments as their ruler, Zippy can avoid the queen title with all the responsibility it entails. The pegasi will accept Alicorn Sunny as their ruler, if she proves in their eyes as a warrior, a leader and an inspiration.

Very many ponies had probably witnessed Sunny`s ascension as alicorn as the magic was released to the Ponykind, perhaps all the way to the other continent and to middle Equestria, without understanding what they were seeing; This could be the beginning of a new alicorn kingdom or a reunion of Equestria when they realize that an alicorn may have returned to them. For Zippy who can have the pleasure of watching her mother receive the news of Sunny, this can be the way for her to be able to live out her ambitions without being tied down.

Zipp thus has a way out - but this is many years down the road for her and her friends, as the adventures have started for the Mane 5 after the movie. In the meantime, we will witness how she related to her obligations in her own way. But she feels a deep duty for her people, she not only wanted to be able to fly - she wants to make it possible for her people as well, and probably is in the military where she could be an officer in charge of the soldiers. It meant that she is not selfish or spoiled, but that she will get the best out of her life for everyone’s best, and her friends will help her.

Sunny or not; Zippy will not let herself or others down.
Background Pony #11AF
yes you can but..they are already doing G4 farewell events and a lot of G5 fans just write comments like “the G4 characters are already dead” “get over them” “you have to say goodbye to G4” is disgusting and I’m really starting to hate G5, the characters are weird and ugly to me, I would like to see G4 characters in this series, not just 3D ponies.
Background Pony #CF24
@DerpyFast  
The perceived lack of focus is inevitable when the writers and the Hasbro bean counters both had different visions and perspectives on what FIM should be
Background Pony #CF24
@Background Pony #121A  
The way I see it (so far), Zipp is a local leader the same way Cadance is the princess of a microstate lost somewhere in the greater Equestria (the Crystal Empire was just a town surrounded by snow and ice)
Background Pony #121A
@Background Pony #121A
The way I see it (so far), Zipp is a local leader the same way Cadance is the princess of a microstate lost somewhere in the greater Equestria (the Crystal Empire was just a town surrounded by snow and ice)

Do not think so. The technological level of the pegasi is too high to be “local”, it is world based as in our own world, our own smartphones are based on components and raw materials from at least a few dozen countries or more around the world. The size of the city that served as the capital of the pegasi suggests that it is a very large empire - Zephyr Heights is probably the same size as Manhattan from the G4, with hundreds of thousands of ponies that must therefore have supplies and equipment from all over the continent. The pegasi is militaristic, and from the trailer it is discovered that the unicorns thought these were “bad”, Canterlot was conquered and emptied by the warrior pegasi in the past. The pegasi is a mixture of the Sparta and the Roman Empire.

When Crystal City returned, it was a thousand years into the future, as if Rome had been torn apart and sent into the future - without an empire, which had been annexed by the royal sisters after the Crystal War where Sombra succeeded in sending the city to the limbo after his defeat. Probably as much as a third of the G4 Equestria could have been early Crystal Empire territories, which Cadance could not claim because the inhabitants of these had been annexed into Equestria. The Crystal Empire had become a memory for the crystal ponies who failed to give up their past.

We do not know about the country where the Maretime Bay is located, we only know that the area around the city of Maretown has extensive autonomy, but anyone who studied the city’s nature and technological condition knows that this is a very small part of an integrated state that may have included the entire east coast of Equestria or the southern part. It is possible that the Maretime Bay is part of the older duchy of Maretonia from the G4, because the name is inspired by Macedonia in our world - which is located in the Mediterranean region. And the Maretime Bay has inspiration taken from right there. The Old Macedonia one hundred and fifty years ago was a mountainous country all the way down to the coast of the Aegean Sea.
Background Pony #121A
We do not know about the country where the Maretime Bay is located, we only know that the area around the city of Maretown has extensive autonomy, but anyone who studied the city’s nature and technological condition knows that this is a very small part of an integrated state that may have included the entire east coast of Equestria or the southern part. It is possible that the Maretime Bay is part of the older duchy of Maretonia from the G4, because the name is inspired by Macedonia in our world - which is located in the Mediterranean region. And the Maretime Bay has inspiration taken from right there. The Old Macedonia one hundred and fifty years ago was a mountainous country all the way down to the coast of the Aegean Sea.

Idea.

If Maretonia is the nation where the Maretime Bay is located from the G4 Equestria, it is possible that it will continue to exist in the G5, but not as a duchy. We do not know where the various nation states and states are distributed in G4 Equestria, as no effort was ever made to create a political map of the land of ponies - possibly because Hasbro does not want any politicization. If Maretonia is Macedonia, the terrain around the Maretime Bay is not out of place as there is a large bay also in the Aegean towards Macedonia, “the Thermaic Gulf”, with mountains that continue inland from the coast, and Horseshoe Bay which is so large that it almost is like an ocean, partly connected to tropical climates to the south.

The Hayseed Swamps appear to be a wetland inside the southern part of the bay that is accessible from the northwest rather than along the bay coast, suggesting that the foremost part of the southern bay is also solid ground. It is little known that there were wetlands inside the coastal country in the Thermaic Gulf where malaria was a major problem, until the dehydration through human intervention. For the ponies, it will be natural to avoid the inner part of the bay coast facing the Hayseed Swamps through the use of boats, and then Baltimare will be a natural harbor. In addition, the lighthouse in the Maretime Bay means that there are several important shipping lanes along the northern bay coast and the east coast from north to south, among other things to cross over to the south.

If there was a duchy there, which could control the trade routes from the country and then the shipping traffic in the great bay, it would be in line with the history of our own world where such fiefdoms were often created on economic activity. On a map of Maretown in the G5, it looks like this city was important in ancient times, possibly it was a fortress where the skyscraper is now located. Maybe that was where Maretime Manor existed, at least not far away, in the IDW FiM # 98. From this issue we know about the Crystal Sea with several tropical islands on the east coast of Equestria, which is probably located between the Horseshoe Bay and the coast facing against the Peaks of Perils and the Forbidden Jungle. There may be many islands there and special topographical conditions that create whirlpools, but also fixed water flows that the ponies utilized without the use of motor or muscle power.

The Duke and Duchess of G4 wore attire as a cultural affiliation about which realm they come from, and their culture seemed to be inspired by Southern Equestria with Anugypt and Mesoponytamia - and there is a trade route on the edge zone between the jungle regions in the northeast and the desert regions in the southeast . Where a colony of kirins was erected in the Peaks of Perils along what may be a very ancient connecting road between older civilizations. It is possible that Maretonia was much older than modern Equestria as a link between the pony states on the east coast and southern Equestria, and this gives the dukes an advantage when the royal sisters centralized Equestria after Discord was defeated.

Maybe Maretonia never disappeared after the end of the G4, so Sunny and Hitch can be maretonian citizens. But if this is true, it could mean that the Pegasi empire can send military forces there in search of the Mane 5 without risking a major conflict with possibly the more prosperous and stronger East Coast states. Maretonia remains a marginal state vulnerable to much stronger powers. And we know from the last trailer that pegasi forces had forced their way to the Maretime Bay, where they came into battle with the earth ponies.
stalker1234

meeeeeee
I’ll say it, I don’t like G5, the fans want us to let G4 die at all costs and their excuse is “it won’t be replaced but it has lasted 9 seasons” sorry? and why can’t he go on? just because it already happened for some? I do not care that they are not protagonists, I just want to see some characters! Hasbro never said that they died and it has not said that after a thousand years, remember that in Mlp there were also trains, etc, so 1 thousand years I do not think, but if a few centuries, the fans of G5 are very toxic, demanding that we follow the G5 fashion, I’ll only see it if something comes out of G4
Background Pony #AC19
@animomo4  
G4 will never die. Also fans who say you should let G4 die just because G5 is coming are not true fans. G5 is a sequel to G4. If Hasbro wanted to ‘kill’ G4, G5 would just be a complete reboot of the series. The fact that it is a sequel shows that Hasbro still cares about G4’s Equestria and its universe. G5 is taking some notes from G4. Like they even showed effort in remembering that pegasi can’t fly without magic. G5 needs G4. It’s its reference material. People shouldn’t have to choose one over the other. You can like both. Yes, people can also only like FIM but the thing is no one should tell you what you may or may not like. Here I am still enjoying MLP FIM even when it ended in season 9 (of course, there is season 10 in the comics). I won’t let anyone tell me I have to let it die. FIM is a wonderful message of friendship and union. People shouldn’t be afraid of still liking it. If Dragon Ball fans could keep the story of the anime/manga alive for so many years before its revival. So can we.
stalker1234

meeeeeee
@animomo4

I agree with you, but I have already discussed too much with the G5 fans, some say “I already saw the whole series and the G4 comics, I want something more! G4 already had its moment, it was already 9 seasons! Now new ponies! seriously they are unpleasant, they only say “if you see G4 through G5, because they have their essence” others rightly say “G5 will replace G4”, the pillars were still alive when the girls were the new elements, because the girls from G4, couldn’t they still be alive?
Shimmering Spectacle
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)

sTs trinity
I have a pretty simple theory for g5: if twilight is vanished without a trace, then they’ll be no one to maintain the day/night cycle, so before twilight disappeared, it’s possible that she might’ve modified the amulet giving by the now retired princess sisters, so it can automatically switch from day to night, and vise versa.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide