MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread

CloudMistDragon
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Artist -

Misty Shadow
@Dragonpone
I’m only interested in Sombra being carried over to G5 for…different reasons. If they’re going to kill him again, I don’t want him to just die, I want him to have a conclusive end with some kind of redemption. Bringing him back just to kill him again and again just feels redundant to me. I want more focus on new villains.
Posted Report
Background Pony #058A
@CloudMistDragon
But we already have Opaline Arcana and something tells me she will be the only main villain for the whole series. But that may be because I think G5 will end this year or in 2025.
Posted Report
Background Pony #058A
If G5 is ending sooner than G4, I’d like for it end with a movie with a way bigger budget.
Posted Report
Background Pony #058A
The thing some people don’t get it is that you can’t force someone to change if they don’t want to. Unless you choose to brainwash them. Instead of thinking, “This villain should be reformed”, ask yourselves, “Why would they want to be reformed?”.
Posted Report
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

Music Connoisseur
Rewatched all of Chapter 2 of Make Your Mark for the second time and for the most part, my opinion has changed very little with some areas getting better and some areas getting worse.
Posted Report
DerpyFast
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.

Episode 1: Just sort of okay.
Episode 2: Better the second time.
Episode 3: Still pretty great. The scene in the cave is genuinely emotional.
Episode 4: Not bad. Not exactly subtle, but still wholesome.
Posted Report
CloudMistDragon
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Artist -

Misty Shadow
@Background Pony #058A
Just Opaline for the whole series would be boring. Keep in mind that Sombra has already been reformed in an official piece of MLP media and that there’s strong evidence to support Opaline being related to the Crystal Ponies.
Posted Report
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

Music Connoisseur
@DerpyFast
It’s funny that you find Episode 1 okay when I thought it was a good episode which pretty much sets the mood and tone for the rest of the seven episodes. Episode 4 on the other hand, is easily my least favorite of the chapter despite having a heartwarming resolution.
Posted Report
CloudMistDragon
Artist -

Misty Shadow
@northern haste
I am well-aware of this, as my most recent fanfic had this explanation for comic canon/show canon contradictions incorporated. However, this does not mean that everything Spike writes in the comics is a lie. That page was only part of the epilogue in the reprint. And another page of it shows this…
“umbrum research”
Spike didn’t create the stories out of thin air, that’s not what they were trying to imply. Nothing in the show says that Sombra can’t be an umbrum or have a childhood friend like Radiant Hope.
Posted Report
CloudMistDragon
Artist -

Misty Shadow
@northern haste
When did I say he was reformed? All what I said means is that there are still things about comic Sombra’s story that can be true. And of course they’re going to continue the show’s story, but they can still do things of their own to an extent.
Posted Report
northern haste
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
A Really Hyper Artist - 500+ images under their artist tag
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Enter if you dare
@CloudMistDragon
Well the 1st comment I replied to you said reformed But fair enough.
Honestly I think I just don’t want him back in general. Him being resurrected is one of those things that becomes less interesting the more times it happens
Posted Report
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide