MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread

Background Pony #5489
@Background Pony #3E52
At that point, as much as I like “Grogar”, I don’t want to see him in g5 as it’s way too late for that.
Grogar’s bell was among the first identified references seen in the movie. So Grogar is “not too late” for G5. The team behind the movie was particularly keen to show the bell.
There is a logical short circuit between the story of Opaline and the collapse of Equestria; namely that she had been stripped of her magic and locked out of Equestria, likely placed under permanent house arrest. Then how could Equestria collapse if she was out of the picture? Twilight does not need to remove the active magic if the cause has been eliminated, so it is logical based on C1, that the Unity Crystals are to ward off unstable magic. All indications are that the Unity Crystals were “deactivated” with full consciousness.
Furthermore, Opaline doesn’t exactly have the looks or aura that could put her at the top level among the villains, she is the same size as Luna and is not a fully grown alicorn. If the Discord Arc is mentioned in C5 this year, is this canon - then a question arises; who tried to kill him? He has grotesque injuries as traces of a nasty mutilation. Sombra is more villainous and evil than Opaline in comparison.
So I think we will learn about Twilight’s fate, find out vital details about Equestria’s collapse and an important hint about who was behind the destruction of the G4 world, in C4 and C5. But the whole story of what happened, I don’t think will be fully explained this year, maybe in S3 or later.
Posted Report
GoodVibesGorgeous
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

Grumpy and antisocial
Some important points:
The first inhabitants of Maretime Bay came from Ponyville.
Bridlewood is an evolution of the Everfree Forest, but everyone kinda knew it.
Zephyr Heights comes from Cloudsdale. Again, everybody kinda knew it. It apparently came to be after magic vanished and pegasi lost their ability to stand in the clouds.
Posted Report
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
Pipp is officially shorter than what she’s portrayed as. That’s hilarious. I also like the confirmation that Izzy is in fact the tallest.
Maretime Bay is basically New Ponyville. Yeah that works. Bridlewood being just the Evergreen is cool, and I now think Alphabittle’s tavern is Zecora’s hut.
Posted Report
LoreJuniper
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).

#1 Misty Stan
@Dustcan
No Hitch is still tallest. Also not the best reference considering the render poses. We’ve already known the Tru heights for the m5 for a bit. At least it’s nice to get a queen comparison
Posted Report
DerpyFast
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.

@Mr.Myoozik
I don’t think there’s anything really wrong with episode 1. And I think the B plot in episode 4 with Pipp isn’t too interesting.
What I liked is that the episode gave Sunny an internal conflict that incorporated both her alicorn status, and her activism. It’s not very subtle or complex, but between this episode and “Alicorn Issues”, I think G5 did more with the concept than G4 did.
Posted Report
TheQuietMan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

House of the Arcana
@GoodVibesGorgeous
We knew Bridlewood was the forest. I don’t think any of us figured Zephyr Heights was Cloudsdale even despite the amount of Clouds present or that the pegasi hasn’t vacated. That aside, Canterlot is in fact a separate place while otherwise not taken over by pegasi.
Posted Report
TheQuietMan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

House of the Arcana
@LoreJuniper
Now I’m more convinced after some accidental battle victory by Zephyr Breeze, the pegasi revered him so much, he declares a place being made named after himself. Heck, maybe the sisters’ ancestor is actually the guy himself!
Posted Report
Wiimeiser
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag

(Foil Hat)
I thought the height chart meant that we’d finally know how big the ponies actually are, but it seems that’s definitely forbidden, presumably for the same reason all the new NPCs in Mario games are all Toad and only Pom Pom has appeared in multiple games after debuting after NSMBWii.
Posted Report
LoreJuniper

#1 Misty Stan
Massive behind the scenes dump for ang / mym stuff just happened, take a look, its not spoilery from what ive seen so far
Posted Report
DerpyFast
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.

Speaking of Opaline, what I find interesting is that her cartoonish side exists to try and gaslight the audience into forgetting that the way she treats Misty is unironically pretty fucked up.
Posted Report
Background Pony #545C
Random thought came to me; If a most of the feathers were lost/plucked out of a pegasus’s wing, would they still fly? Unlike bird wings, pegasi wings are powered by magic.
I think maybe the magic is stored with the bones (or somewhere in the wing’s anatomy) and delivered to the feathers to keep the pegasus afloat when they fly.
So perhaps having a few or even a small chunk of feathers taken out of one wing wouldn’t be a big deal. But if they lost a huge enough amount in own wing, the balance would be off and one wing would be too “heavy” or one would be too “weak” for the pegasus to fly. Even if they manage to get in the air, they’d struggle and most likely crash.
But air currents have been shown to be able to keep the pegasus afloat. Like Zipp did with that giant fan in the movie, she wasn’t able to “fly” but she was able to stay airborne.
So perhaps the pegasus would still be able to get in the air, but the air currents would mess them up due to one wing catching more wind than the other. (Not sure if air currents work like that)
Posted Report
LoreJuniper

#1 Misty Stan
Also interesting design thing from the ang doc:
Earth ponies are pastel colors, unis are earthier tones and Pegasi are gem color
Posted Report
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide