MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread

Amphibian Swamp
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Idea:
The alternate 5
Consists of:
Jazz (Well… best friend betrayal can be engaging. Especially if there is a song! Like in Tangled: The Series where Rapunzel was betrayed by Cassandra and they sung a song. (I’m not a fan of the series)
Sprout (or any meanish stallion if Sprout becoming a villain again would be too OOC)
Two pegasi sisters, who are cruel, obviously getting on with the rest of the group but hates the M5
One unicorn. Not sure who this would be, like the one above
DerpyFast
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.

[…]even as this episode was incredibly mean-spirited. Mostly in an amusing way, but I can’t help feeling bad for Izzy.
That ties into something I was thinking about at work. One of the things that made Pinkie tick was that her obliviousness manifested as her being unphased by most things. This made her come across as emotionally invulnerable for the most part (at least in Season One). Compare that to Izzy, who’s often oblivious, but is presented as much more emotionally vulnerable.
More than a year later and I’m still noticing new things about these characters.
@northern haste
I think Hitch and Zipp are both emotionally mature and complex enough that you could get some good stories out of a relationship between the two. The Royal Pegasus Family dynamic already goes pretty hard, so they could tackle StormBlazer as well.
CloudMistDragon
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Artist -

Misty Shadow
@DerpyFast
I know, Izzy does not feel like this immortal, all-powerful, reality has no control over me toon like Pinkie Pie. Izzy feels more like she’s written to be like a real person you’re supposed to relate to on a human level. When her innocence gets crushed, your innocence gets crushed. It puts me in mind of Sunny and Hitch in the movie. You’re always supposed to be rooting for Sunny, even as Hitch’s cynicism is more relatable. But when Sunny gets knocked down, you feel knocked down too. It happens right here too with Izzy and Zipp being just like Sunny and Hitch there. I don’t want to watch Izzy suffer despite the adversary to her ideology’s dialogue clicking with me more. I do love that in this series, how easy it can be to find myself rooting for both sides.
Posted Report
DerpyFast
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.

I know, Izzy does not feel like this immortal, all-powerful, reality has no control over me toon like Pinkie Pie. Izzy feels more like she’s written to be like a real person you’re supposed to relate to on a human level. When her innocence gets crushed, your innocence gets crushed.
What I really like is that there’s nuance and variety. In All That Jazz, Izzy is presented as this wise mentor who knew exactly what Jazz needed. In Bridlewood Spog, she knew what Pipp needed, but failed to present it properly. In the latest episode, she’s just flat out misguided.
Posted Report
DerpyFast
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Working my way through MYM Chapter 2 again.
I think Episode 5 is the weakest of the batch. I watched A New Generation again this week and it’s still fresh on my mind. Sunny needed Hitch more than Hitch needed Sunny. He never tried to take advantage of her, and maintained their friendship despite the growing conflict of interest it was creating. Once Sunny released Izzy in front of everyone, that was the point of no return. Either things changed or he could never associate with her again. Despite this, he still infiltrated what he thought was a hostile city just to rescue her. And Sunny was still glad he was with them.
I guess what I’m saying is that the conflict in this episode just feels really petty next to that. I feel like “Hitch has to run Sunny’s smoothie cart” could have carried a TYT episode.
Posted Report
Background Pony #545C
I’ve noticed something about Mane Melody…
Mane (It’s a salon that styles manes and such) Melody (Pipp and her co-workers do music stuff there)
Jazz (Music) Hooves (She’s a manicurist and styles hooves. Her cutie mark is a paint brush and a hoof)
Rocky (Music) Rift (Music)
Pipp (kinda like Pop) Petals (Related to flowers that are part of many scents. Her cutie mark is a music note)
Rocky’s the only one who’s name doesn’t relate to both music and salon related stuff. His name only refers to rock music. His cutie mark is a comb tho… wonder why they didn’t give him a salon related last name too
Posted Report
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

Music Connoisseur
This episode makes me sad, Alexa play “Love Stinks” by The J. Geils Band
For being the newest episode after about 2 weeks, I surprisingly liked this one. I liked the relationship between Izzy and Zipp and I like how in the end, the entire town didn’t suddenly just start loving each other for Izzy’s sake, that was a nice change of pace and grounded in reality. The mean spirited nature honestly amused me more than I should, but if I have to nitpick, I find it odd that everyone is suddenly so grumpy with one another just because of one day instead of I don’t know, abolishing it entirely instead of pushing through it and pretending they still care. Reminds me of how Ponyville in FIM sometimes makes the townspeople turn into jackasses for no reason.
Also is it just me, or did the animation feel more, fluid in this episode? The movements were less stiff and felt more rubbery.
Posted Report
LoreJuniper

#1 Misty Stan
@Mr.Myoozik
Well with everyone being grumpy, and misty and opaline there, i think next tyt will be from mistys pov of her and opaline making people upset
Bc the town can be a but rude but not this grumpy
Posted Report
CloudMistDragon
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Artist -

Misty Shadow
@DerpyFast
Episode 5 is no fan favorite, I myself have criticized the predictable plot, and feel that Sunny was definitely doing Hitch’s job worse contrary to the episode’s message. The obvious problems with that one though don’t hurt my enjoyment of it.
What about Episode 7? That’s the least popular episode of the series, according to this.
It’s also my least favorite despite still being good to me. Never met anyone though who likes the Idiot Ball Pipp was given.
Posted Report
CloudMistDragon
Artist -

Misty Shadow
@LoreJuniper
If people like Episode 7 better, good for them. However, Episode 5 is no filler episode. It shows how Opaline finds out about how the Mane 5 get the power of the Unity Crystals from the lantern in addition to foreshadowing the potential return of the Tree of Harmony.
Posted Report
CloudMistDragon
Artist -

Misty Shadow
I thought every character’s colors “changed” a little from them using different lighting in the show and a cheaper way of producing the CG.
Posted Report
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ponies Online! - April 13-14

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide