Pony Venting Thread

DerpyFast
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.

@AC97
Nah. Fluttershy was easily the most dynamic. Watch the first scene with her in Season One, then watch her episodes in Season 9.
@TheSultanAkbar
The problem was that Twilight wasn’t an active participant in her own journey. Between moving to Ponyville, becoming an element bearer, becoming an alicorn, getting a castle, saving the world multiple times, and then finally succeeding Celestia, it was mostly about her reacting to things thrust upon her.
One of the first things established about Twilight was that she was a doomsayer, and it seems like she only got more anxious as time went on. We never got to see the doomsaying evolve into a healthy preparedness. We were always reassured that “she was ready” whenever she was faced with a new challenge. We never got a situation where she failed because she genuinely wasn’t ready for something, and then had to redeem herself. A real Infinity War into Endgame type of deal.
It really does seem like nothing could threaten Equestria for more than a few days. The threat in “The Ending of The End” felt like just another conflict, rather than the ultimate threat.
AC97
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Nah. Fluttershy was easily the most dynamic. Watch the first scene with her in Season One, then watch her episodes in Season 9.
I think S8’s Sounds of Silence had a great example of how sharply she can be contrasted with her S1 self; she did not take being talked over by Applejack lying down there, like what happened back in S3’s Magic Duel when she was trying to exposit about the Alicorn Amulet, and being talked over by the ones currently reading the book (which, honestly, felt too relatable to be funny to me personally).
Fluttershy: [quietly] Um, I think I may have found something?
Rarity: Yes, it’s time for us to consider our futures in this new Trixie-led Ponyville.
Fluttershy: [quietly] Um, this sounds an awful lot like Trixie’s magic–
Applejack: She wants me to grow apples with no peels! Now how the hay am I supposed to do that?
Fluttershy: [quietly] Um, there’s a picture here of that necklace–
Pinkie Pie: [muffled noises]
Fluttershy: [quietly] It’s called the Alicorn Amulet, and whoever wears it is blessed with untold—
Spike: Hey, everypony, look! This book has a picture of Trixie’s necklace! It’s called the Alicorn Amulet, and whoever wears it is blessed with untold powers!
Fluttershy: [quietly] If you read a little further, you’ll see—
Rarity: [reading] Even though it provides great power, it also corrupts the user!
Fluttershy: [quietly] Yes, but, um, you can’t—
Spike: [reading] You can’t just take the Alicorn Amulet off her neck, it has a magical lock! Trixie’s the only pony who can take it off!
Fluttershy: [quietly] Maybe we could—
Applejack: We need to get this information to Twilight. She’ll know what to do.
Fluttershy: [quietly] But, h— how—
Rarity: If any of us try to leave, Trixie’s magical force field will tell her!
Fluttershy: [quietly] Maybe we should—
Rainbow Dash: I’ve got it! Trying to sneak past the force field would be impossible without help, but I know who’s got the goods to get into those woods!
Fluttershy: [quietly] It— it must be—
Rainbow Dash: Fluttershy!
Fluttershy: Whaaat?!
vs
Fluttershy: There. That should be enough flowers to keep your tree cozy.
Applejack: Fluttershy! What are you doin’?! This is no time for visitin’ varmints! We’re on a friendship quest, remember?!
Fluttershy: Yes, but actua—
Applejack: Come on! We’re burnin’ daylight!
Fluttershy: I know, but what I found out is that—
Applejack: Now, we gotta get up that peak! I figure if we use some rope and elbow grease, we can make it up half—
Fluttershy: Applejack! Can you please listen to me?! [clears throat] What I’m trying to say is the squirrels told me a shortcut they take to the Kirin village.
I meant in terms of core concept, Twilight seemed like she had the most to learn, not necessarily in practice; they were probably in concept meant to affect her more than vice-versa, but that’s speculation on my part.
Toastypk
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).

Royal Advisor
So this is a slightly dumb thing I have to share but I figured I’d share it.
During this event I’ve sort of played up this persona of an advisor and message relayer of sorts to Celestia, but thinking about it enough has spurred me to try to flesh out how this guy would look, and viola, I just created an OC for the first time. Name and everything.
medium
And I like him, but I will admit it feels slightly weird to me having made this guy, even though it shouldn’t feel weird. Like I’m stepping into some sort of zone I don’t usually enter.
People always get really involved in their OCs and stories with them, but I’m not trying to really do that, I just wanted to make a fancy looking official operative guy.
Who I would love to see drawn a few times but I’m not trying to create some elaborate backstory for him.
Actually remember the guy at the start of the Crystal Empire who brought news that “IT had returned”? that’s basically the whole idea for him.
WaynePonePone
Fluttershy - For supporting the site
Happy Derpy! - For site supporters
Gold Supporter - Gold Supporter
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab

Flutters Hitchy Glimglam
@Toastypk
Not all OCs need a complex story behind them, especially nowadays when real life is busy enough. Who even has time to do that anymore? Just do you and have fun.
Posted Report
WaynePonePone
Happy Derpy! - For site supporters
Gold Supporter - Gold Supporter
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab

Flutters Hitchy Glimglam
@Toastypk
Well, I can always imagine the story, but I don’t have the time or energy to actually write even a paragraph for mine. I think something simple is enough.
And I mean, he is your creation. It’s like he is your child. You’d naturally grown attached to him. :3
Posted Report
TheSultanAkbar
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).

@DerpyFast
Fluttershy? Ehhh… I don’t know. You can’t really compare becoming a straight up ruler, next Goddess of Equestria to becoming slightly less shy and cowardly.
And Fluttershy’s “character arc” concluded very early. Wasn’t she tought to be more self-assertive in like, Season 2?
The only member who could stand close to Twilight is Starlight Glimmer and she isn’t even part of the original Mane 6!
Twilight was lead onto a path, because she was gifted and very close to Celestia. She’s nervous and a doomsdayer, sure, but she spends lots of time studying, preparing and is shown to be a good organizer when the need occurs.
Of course, no threat escalated to a large scale, drawn out war conflict, but you have to be realistic, the writers can only do so much in a 40 minute opener/finale.
FIM was never supposed to be an arc heavy, story based show and that’s okay. It was originally planned as a 10-minute episode, slice of life, classic Western Animation show and S1 displays this.
Had the writers tread into some more involved plots, well, they couldn’t, since the slice of life middle of a season had to be watchable in any order and even if they did, it would be an “off-brand” and jarring tone shift. It’s why I was unsure whether to enjoy the comics or not, since they tried skewing ever so slightly adult, but with FIM, it doesn’t work, maybe only in the realms of fannon.
All in all, I took Twilight’s path as the ascention and end goal of the show, and was satisfied to see her reach milestones and the conclusion.
Posted Report
Amphibian Swamp
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Jazz and Trixie are the cutest! They would be so cool! Two friends saving the world together. I love their colour palettes!
Jazz is a lot better in MYM, so that’s why I’m strict on what TYT stuff I consider canon and not (with everything Baby Critters and beyond is no.
Trixie is so cute!
Posted Report
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide