Starlight Glimmer Appreciation Thread

PoniesRUs
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

I’ve decided to make a thread honoring one of the most underappreciated characters on the show. Starlight seems to get a lot of undeserved hate from the fandom, especially on this site, so it’s only fair we balance out that vitriol by giving her some love. Look at that face. How could you possibly say anything bad about her?  

In this thread, you can post pictures of Starlight, write fanfics about her, share Starlight-related videos, and generally discuss what you like about our favorite student of Twilight. There are some rules however.  
  1. No Starlight haters allowed. This place is for showing appreciation towards Starlight, not bashing her.  
  2. Appreciation for Starlight must be genuine. You can’t make sarcastic or passive aggressive remarks about her, i.e. “I really like how Starlight is an overpowered Mary Sue who’s so easily forgiven.”  
  3. Stay on topic. This thread isn’t about Twilight, Sunset, etc. You can talk about other characters in your posts, but make sure the main focus is Starlight.  
  4. NSFW content is allowed, but be sure to warn users of the explicit nature. We do have people that don’t like to see that sort of thing.

Other than that, feel free to have fun. If this thread does well, I might make appreciation threads of other controversial characters like Flash Sentry or Flurry Heart.
NamelessNP
Glim Glam - Derpi Supporter
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Ruby -
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Patron
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Starlight and Sunny Fan
I don’t think it’ll do well sadly, this board in particular seems to have it in for Starlight.

That said, I absolutely adore her. Never been nearly as fond of a character before, as I am of Starlight.
Dex Stewart
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.

Ecto-Phase,Activate!
I liked Starlight at first,then I thought she was a little overused.I like when she is paired with Trixie.I wish that would happen more often.It felt like Trixie’s character was salvaged,and starlight was interesting again.
Background Pony #5C91
I liked Starlight at first,then *I thought she was a little overused.*I like when she is paired with Trixie.I wish that would happen more often.It felt like Trixie’s character was salvaged,and starlight was interesting again.

Maybe this is a unpopular opinion, but I think she was underused. She has appeared in 10 episodes out of 26 of season 6. She didn’t speak for 2 of those episodes. Admittedly, she likely had the most episodes about her than any other character in season 6, but I think that her not being forced into other episodes helped balance things out.
Dex Stewart
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Ecto-Phase,Activate!
@Background Pony #0E7E  
I meant for a relatively new character,she was overused.Zecora,Tree Hugger,Little Strongheart,even Dischord haven’t been used as often as starlight.also,what they did with her when she was there wasn’t as good as it could have been.and the Christmas Carol episode was just weird.I still liked it.
RainbowDash69
Eden Shallowleaf - For supporting the site
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Emerald - For users who have donated to the site
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event

Visit Friendship Daily!
I thought Applejack was the most unappreciated?

well, I hope they do more borderline shipping moments with GlimGlam and Trixie in the future. they are probably the best friend pair in the whole series
Background Pony #AE48
to me, she made this show interesting again. I love her and her episodes.
Holofan4life
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
A Perfectly Normal Pony - The best thing about being an anime mod is you get to eat babies for free
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

I II II L
I fucking love Starlight Glimmer. Apart from Moondancer, Trixie, and Twilight Sparkle, I find her to be the most sympathetic and relatable character in the show. She is so cute and honestly seems like she is trying to do better. Also, while I will admit that I find Sunset Shimmer’s redemption story arc to be better and more heartwrenching, making you want to comfort her and tell her everything’s alright, I like how with Starlight they really show what it is like to have social issues.
Background Pony #2A94
@Holofan4life  
>I find her to be the most sympathetic and relatable character in the show.  
How the hell could anyone think that. What is relatable about her?
Holofan4life
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
A Perfectly Normal Pony - The best thing about being an anime mod is you get to eat babies for free
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

I II II L
@Holofan4life
>I find her to be the most sympathetic and relatable character in the show.
How the hell could anyone think that. What is relatable about her?

I too have problems making friends and socializing. I mean, sure, I can do stuff when it is a teacher or someone older than me telling me to do it, but when some classmate tries to talk to me, I get nervous and scared, just like Starlight.
Background Pony #2A94
@Holofan4life  
All of her problems were solved instantly and everyone forgave her, even her childhood friend came back to comfort her. Being a twilight clone, she is favored by destiny in every possible way and it doesn’t feel like she’s earned any of this at all. That’s not relatable or sympathetic.
Holofan4life
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

I II II L
@Holofan4life
All of her problems were solved instantly and everyone forgave her, even her childhood friend came back to comfort her. Being a twilight clone, she is favored by destiny in every possible way and it doesn’t feel like she’s earned any of this at all. That’s not relatable or sympathetic.

I’m sorry you feel that way. To me, though, she is relatable and sympathetic.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide