Viewing last 25 versions of post by AC97 in topic Unpopular opinion time

AC97
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

"[@Brass Beau":](/forums/pony/topics/unpopular-opinion-time?post_id=4931447#post_4931447

)

Rainbow Rocks got a pass because it kind of dazzles you. -~~%Pun intended%~-

~

...And yeah, Sunset got one of the shortest ends of the stick, as a villain. Her plans made no sense, what she knows because _*reasons_* included, and it was anticlimactic, the resolution (which happened more than once afterwards). It also doesn't help that the best she did before reforming was... not hurt Spike before putting on the crown.

I think it's quitter's talk to go "she just wasn't meant to be a villain," really.

For a noticeable example of "they didn't really address it," outside of the first movie, they didn't put much focus on those magical geodes and what they really meant, the implications of them paralleling the Elements of Harmony with how they were tied to specific people, where they came from.

EQG would've, or could've probably benefited from that different format, agreed.
No reason given
Edited by AC97
AC97
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

"@Brass Beau":/forums/pony/topics/unpopular-opinion-time?post_id=4931447#post_4931447

Rainbow Rocks got a pass because it kind of dazzles you. -~Pun intended~-

...And yeah, Sunset got one of the shortest ends of the stick, as a villain. Her plans made no sense, what she knows dbecauspite he_r knowledge being nasonsensical_ included, and it was anticlimactic, the resolution (which happened more than once afterwards). It also doesn't help that the best she did before reforming was... not hurt Spike before putting on the crown.

I think it's quitter's talk to go "she just wasn't meant to be a villain," really.

For a noticeable example of "they didn't really address it," outside of the first movie, they didn't put much focus on those magical geodes and what they really meant, the implications of them paralleling the Elements of Harmony with how they were tied to specific people, where they came from.
No reason given
Edited by AC97
AC97
Non-Fungible Trixie -

"@Brass Beau":/forums/pony/topics/unpopular-opinion-time?post_id=4931447#post_4931447

Rainbow Rocks got a pass because it kind of dazzles you. -~Pun intended~-

...And yeah, Sunset got one of the shortest ends of the stick, as a villain. Her plans made no sense, what she suppknowse dlyespite her knowledge being nonsensical included, and it was anticlimactic, the resolution (which happened more than once afterwards). It also doesn't help that the best she did before reforming was... not hurt Spike before putting on the crown.

No reason given
Edited by AC97