Viewing last 25 versions of post by AC97 in topic Unpopular opinion time

AC97
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

"[@Brass Beau":](/forums/pony/topics/unpopular-opinion-time?post_id=4931784#post_4931784

)

...do I need to go over how silly and nonsensical her framing job with Twilight was, with how she obviously knew how to use some sort of video editing software for that video she made, yet she didn't _*photoshop_* the photos so she wouldn't leave physical evidence behind for Flash Sentry to find (Sunset cut out pictures of Twilight, glued them over the vandalism photos, and photocopied them to give to Luna, as "evidence;" that scene with Flash Sentry just rubbed me the wrong way, how he just _*had_* to save Twilight there, and I don't even care enough to hate him), which she was already lucky that Luna didn't automatically see how ridiculous Twilight's poses were for what she was supposedly doing, or how her attempts to drive the Human Five apart could've been thwarted by simple texts?

[bq]

>
Twilight Sparkle: STOP! All of you! I wanna show you something. You were friends once.

>
Applejack: Hmm. The Freshman Fair. Y'all remember?

>
Pinkie Pie: Mm-hmm.

>
Rarity: Yes.

>
Twilight Sparkle: But something happened. I think that something was Sunset Shimmer.

>
Rarity: Well, it's a nice theory, darling, but Sunset Shimmer had nothing to do with it.

>
Fluttershy: She's right. Sunset Shimmer isn't the one who ruined my silent auction for the animal shelter by bringing fireworks and noisemakers! It was supposed to be a serious event, and Pinkie Pie ruined it!

>
Pinkie Pie: What are you talking about? I got a text from you saying that you didn't want a silent auction. You wanted a big party!

>
Fluttershy: Uh! I never sent you a text!

>
Pinkie Pie: You didn't?

>
Rarity: You don't think she's the one who's been sending me those e-mails, do you? Every time I volunteer to help with the decorations at a school function, I get an e-mail from Pinkie Pie saying she has plenty of volunteers! And then I find out she's done everything herself.

>
Pinkie Pie: I never sent you any e-mails!

>
Applejack: Maybe she's the reason Rainbow Dash didn't show up for my bake sale!

>
Twilight Sparkle: Didn't you ever ask Rainbow Dash why she didn't show up?

>
Applejack: Heh, I guess I kinda stopped talkin' to her at _*all_* after that.[/bq]

Assuming she rivalled Sombra in her prowess for brainwashing others (he got a town/city brainwashed swiftly on two occasions, she got the school handled quickly), Sombra still didn't manage to defeat Celestia and Luna, "[who beat him without the Elements":](/images/2204643), and it could've very well mirrored that case with her, even if she was about as strong as Nightmare Moon... and I'm not sure they'd hesitate to fire, would possibly get the first hit in, when some demonic looking pony or whatever comes through the mirror.

Not saying she couldn't win, I just wouldn't be all that confident in her victory being assured, and between Discord, who possibly "[purified Luna under different circumstances":](/images/1032038) (and his Plunder Vines that incapacitated Celestia and Luna), and Tirek being out there (since he escaped during It's About Time), I'm not sure her victory over Equestria would've lasted that long anyway.

(I think Philweasel put it very well, when they said that Sunset made Garble look like a criminal mastermind, and that it was part of the fun how it made no sense; that first EQG movie was a shining example of how Meghan McCarthy is capable of... writing things with nonsensical plots, even if I mostly enjoyed her stuff)
No reason given
Edited by AC97
AC97
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

"@Brass Beau":/forums/pony/topics/unpopular-opinion-time?post_id=4931784#post_4931784

...do I need to go over how silly and nonsensical her framing job with Twilight was, with how she obviously knew how to use some sort of video editing software for that video she made, yet she didn't _photoshop_ the photos so she wouldn't leave physical evidence behind for Flash Sentry to find (Sunset cut out pictures of Twilight, glued them over the vandalism photos, and photocopied them to give to Luna, as "evidence;" that scene with Flash Sentry just rubbed me the wrong way, how he just _had_ to save Twilight there, and I don't even care enough to hate him), which she was already lucky that Luna didn't automatically see how ridiculous Twilight's poses were for what she was supposedly doing, or how her attempts to drive the Human Five apart could've been thwarted by simple texts?

[bq]Twilight Sparkle: STOP! All of you! I wanna show you something. You were friends once.
Twilight Sparkle: But something happened. I think that something was Sunset Shimmer.
Rarity: Well, it's a nice theory, darling, but Sunset Shimmer had nothing to do with it.
Fluttershy: She's right. Sunset Shimmer isn't the one who ruined my silent auction for the animal shelter by bringing fireworks and noisemakers! It was supposed to be a serious event, and Pinkie Pie ruined it!
Pinkie Pie: What are you talking about? I got a text from you saying that you didn't want a silent auction. You wanted a big party!
Rarity: You don't think she's the one who's been sending me those e-mails, do you? Every time I volunteer to help with the decorations at a school function, I get an e-mail from Pinkie Pie saying she has plenty of volunteers! And then I find out she's done everything herself.
Applejack: Heh, I guess I kinda stopped talkin' to her at _all_ after that.[/bq]

Assuming she rivalled Sombra in her prowess for brainwashing others (he got a town/city brainwashed swiftly on two occasions, she got the school handled quickly), Sombra still didn't manage to defeat Celestia and Luna, "who beat him without the Elements":/images/2204643, and it could've very well mirrored that case with her, even if she was about as strong as Nightmare Moon... and I'm not sure they'd hesitate to fire, would possibly get the first hit in, when some demonic looking pony or whatever comes through the mirror.

Not saying she couldn't win, I just wouldn't be all that confident in her victory being assured, and between Discord, who possibly "purified Luna under different circumstances":/images/1032038 (and his Plunder Vines that incapacitated Celestia and Luna), and Tirek being out there (since he escaped during It's About Time), I'm not sure her victory over Equestria would've lasted that long anyway.

(I think Philweasel put it very well, when they said that Sunset made Garble look like a criminal mastermind, and that it was part of the fun how it made no sense; that first EQG movie was a shining example of how Meghan McCarthy is capable of... writing things with nonsensical plots, even if I mostly enjoy her stuff)
No reason given
Edited by AC97
AC97
Non-Fungible Trixie -

"@Brass Beau":/forums/pony/topics/unpopular-opinion-time?post_id=4931784#post_4931784

...do I need to go over how silly and nonsensical her framing job with Twilight was, with how she obviously knew how to use some sort of video editing software for that video she made, yet she didn't _photoshop_ the photos so she wouldn't leave physical evidence behind for Flash Sentry to find (Sunset cut out pictures of Twilight, glued them over the vandalism photos, and photocopied them to give to Luna, as "evidence;" that scene with Flash Sentry just rubbed me the wrong way, how he just _had_ to save Twilight there, and I don't even tcakre the enerougyh to hate him), which she was already lucky that Luna didn't automatically see how ridiculous Twilight's poses were for what she was supposedly doing, or how her attempts to drive the Human Five apart could've been thwarted by simple texts?

[bq]Twilight Sparkle: STOP! All of you! I wanna show you something. You were friends once.
Applejack: Heh, I guess I kinda stopped talkin' to her at _all_ after that.[/bq]

Assuming she rivalled Sombra in her prowess for brainwashing others (he got a town brainwashed swiftly on two occasions, she got the school handled quickly), Sombra still didn't manage to defeat Celestia and Luna, "who beat him without the Elements":/images/2204643, and it could've very well mirrored that case with her, even if she was about as strong as Nightmare Moon... and I'm not sure they'd hesitate to fire, would possibly get the first hit in, when some demonic looking pony or whatever comes through the mirror.

Not saying she couldn't win, I just wouldn't be all that confident in her victory being assured, and between Discord, who possibly "purified Luna under different circumstances":/images/1032038 (and his Plunder Vines that incapacitated Celestia and Luna), and Tirek being out there (since he escaped during It's About Time), I'm not sure her victory over Equestria would've lasted that long anyway.

(I think Philweasel put it very well, when they said that Sunset made Garble look like a criminal mastermind, and that it was part of the fun how it made no sense; that first EQG movie was a shining example of how Meghan McCarthy is capable of... writing things with nonsensical plots, even if I mostly enjoy her stuff)
No reason given
Edited by AC97
AC97
Non-Fungible Trixie -

...do I need to go over how silly and nonsensical her framing job with Twilight was, with how she obviously knew how to use some sort of video editing software for that video she made, yet she didn't _photoshop_ the photos so she wouldn't leave physical evidence behind for Flash Sentry to find (Sunset cut out pictures of Twilight, glued them over the vandalism photos, and photocopied them to give to Luna, as "evidence;" that scene with Flash Sentry just rubbed me the wrong way, how he just _had_ to save Twilight there, and I don't even take the energy to hate him), which she was already lucky that Luna didn't automatically see how ridiculous Twilight's poses were for what she was supposedly doing, or how her attempts to drive the Human Five apart could've been thwarted by simple texts?

Assuming she rivalled Sombra in her prowess for brainwashing others (he got a town brainwashed swiftly on two occasions, she got the school handled quickly), Sombra still didn't manage to defeat Celestia and Luna, "who beat him without the Elements":/images/2204643, and it could've very well mirrored that case with her, even if she was about as strong as Nightmare Moon... and I'm not sure they'd hesitate to fire, would possibly get the first hit in, when some demonic looking pony or whatever comes through the mirror.

No reason given
Edited by AC97
AC97
Non-Fungible Trixie -

...do I need to go over how silly and nonsensical her framing job with Twilight was, with how she obviously knew how to use some sort of video editing software for that video she made, yet she didn't _photoshop_ the photos so she wouldn't leave physical evidence behind for Flash Sentry to find (Sunset cut out pictures of Twilight, glued them over the vandalism photos, and photocopied them to give to Luna, as "evidence"), which she was already lucky that Luna didn't automatically see how ridiculous Twilight's poses were for what she was supposedly doing, or how her attempts to drive the Human Five apart could've been thwarted by simple texts?

No reason given
Edited by AC97