Viewing last 25 versions of post by AC97 in topic Unpopular opinion time

AC97
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

"[@Mildgyth":](/forums/pony/topics/unpopular-opinion-time?post_id=4987902#post_4987902

)

I wonder if it'd have been lessened if Cozy was a teenager instead. Then again, still female (for one example of people oversympathizing, Lightning Dust).

"

[
@Myoozik":](/forums/pony/topics/unpopular-opinion-time?post_id=4988413#post_4988413

)

That was probably the entire point of them as characters, or their lack thereof; barring Mean Twilight, they're superficial representations of their creator's traits, to the point that they can't control themselves in the slightest (like Applejack getting Starlight to run off through her insults _*despite_* having a short-term plan to lure her to Chrysalis/the others). The way they were used (aside from five largely being a retread with The Return of Harmony), it would probably defeat the purpose if they were deeper, even if it were a two-parter.

As fun as it would be to have evil counterparts fight the originals, that'd be going in with a different premise entirely, probably (the difference between fighting Mirror Pool clones and fighting dark alternate universe counterparts, the way most of them were).
No reason given
Edited by AC97
AC97
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

"@Mildgyth":/forums/pony/topics/unpopular-opinion-time?post_id=4987902#post_4987902

I wonder if it'd have been lessened if Cozy was a teenager instead. Then again, still female (for one example, Lightning Dust).

"@Myoozik":/forums/pony/topics/unpopular-opinion-time?post_id=4988413#post_4988413

That was probably the entire point of them as characters, or their lack thereof; barring Mean Twilight, they're superficial representations of their creator's traits, to the point that they can't control themselves in the slightest (like Applejack getting Starlight to run off through her insults _despite_ having a short-term plan to lure her to Chrysalis/the others). The way they were used (aside from five largely being a retread with The Return of Harmony), it would probably defeat the purpose if they were deeper, even if it were a two-parter.

As fun as it would be to have evil counterparts fight the originals, that'd be going in with a different premise entirely, probably (the difference between fighting Mirror Pool clones and fighting dark alternate universe counterparts, the way most of them were).
No reason given
Edited by AC97
AC97
Non-Fungible Trixie -

"@Mildgyth":/forums/pony/topics/unpopular-opinion-time?post_id=4987902#post_4987902

I wonder if it'd have been lessened if Cozy was a teenager instead. Then again, still female.

"@Myoozik":/forums/pony/topics/unpopular-opinion-time?post_id=4988413#post_4988413

That was probably the entire point of them as characters, or their lack thereof; barring Mean Twilight, they're superficial representations of their creator's traits, to the point that they can't control themselves in the slightest (like Applejack getting Starlight to run off through her insults _despite_ having a short-term plan to lure her to Chrysalis/the others). The way they were used (aside from five largely being a retread with The Return of Harmony), it would probably defeat the purpose if they were deeper, even if it were a two-parter.

No reason given
Edited by AC97
AC97
Non-Fungible Trixie -

I wonder if it'd have been lessened if Cozy was a teenager instead. Then again, still female.

That was probably the entire point of them as characters, or their lack thereof; barring Mean Twilight, they're superficial representations of their creator's traits, to the point that they can't control themselves in the slightest (like Applejack getting Starlight to run off through her insults _despite_ having a short-term plan to lure her to Chrysalis/the others). The way they were used (aside from five largely being a retread with The Return of Harmony), it would probably defeat the purpose if they were deeper, even if it were a two-parter. As fun as it would be to have evil counterparts fight the originals, that'd be going in with a different premise entirely, probably (the difference between fighting Mirror Pool clones and fighting dark alternate universe counterparts, the way most of them were).
No reason given
Edited by AC97
AC97
Non-Fungible Trixie -

That was probably the entire point of them as characters, or their lack thereof; barring Mean Twilight, they're superficial representations of their creator's fltrawits, to the point that they can't control themselves in the slightest (like Applejack getting Starlight to run off through her insults _despite_ having a short-term plan to lure her to Chrysalis/the others). The way they were used (aside from five largely being a retread with The Return of Harmony), it would probably defeat the purpose if they were deeper, even if it were a two-parter. As fun as it would be to have evil counterparts fight the originals, that'd be going in with a different premise entirely.
No reason given
Edited by AC97