Unpopular opinion time

Background Pony #7CFD
@Latecomer  
The same reason other villains were redeemed. If they deserved it then so did the trio.

It would also lead to some nice moments and potential stories maybe in the comics. It would also give credence to their bonding moments in Frenemies and would put the heroes in a far better light.
Latecomer

@Background Pony #7CFD  
Most other villains were originally good, repentant or somesuch. (Discord was an exception, but would you really expect him to follow the rules?)Ones that weren’t, like Sombra and the Storm King, perished.

Now I don’t doubt they can be fun together - but why can’t they be fun together and evil?
Background Pony #7CFD
@Latecomer  
You stated Discord to be an exeption to the already good rule. Also, we have no evidence that the trio were literally born evil or anything. Saying that they were not evil as kids is glossing over most of their lives. As for repentence, they only did that after they were given a second chance and got the time and effort put into reforming them by the heroes. Remember when Starlight brushed off Twilight’s friendship speech and ran away only to come back for revenge?

They totally can, but that doesn’t mean that they don’t deserve a second chance or can’t reform. Discord had plenty of fun when he was still evil.
Don't
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Thread Starter - One Piece Thread

Get up and Jump
I feel the biggest issue is that Discord didn’t really try to redeem them, the issue with this is that he comes off as a hypocrite. He’s like the Former Junkie who wants Drug usage to be punishable by death sentences
Vivace
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Artist -

“ShimSham my GlimGlams”
@Don’t  
He was never trying to reform them in the first place. He was trying to test Twilight’s ability to handle an external threat crisis as reigning princess. That the League of Villains got the upper hand over him and took his powers is probably informing his proposal to petrify them.
Don't
Thread Starter - One Piece Thread

Get up and Jump
@Vivace  
It’s why he looks like a hypocrite. He basically got a third chance for fucks sake while the only one of them who got a second chance was Chrysalis who was taken back by her humiliation. Sombra wasn’t given a second chance, neither Cozy or Tirek were given a second chance

It was ridiculous
Background Pony #7CFD
@Latecomer  
Sombra’s comic arc was pretty decent and I wouldn’t mind seeing him get a redemption arc as well. His example of not getting one is somewhat less agregious because he was attacking the M6 and couldn’t be captured (at least as far as they knew). The trio, meanwhile were depowered (odd that the rainbow beam that stoned Discord and sent NMM to the Moon only did that to them), outnumbered, restrained and rendered completely harmless when Discord gave the suggestion. There were plenty of opportunities to try and reform them. And they also had Frenemies.

And even if those three reformed you’d still have the Pony of Shadows and Storm King.

@Vivace  
So he was trying to teach/test something that was already proven beforehand and was willing to threaten, manipulate and lead four peaple to their demise/eternal worse imprisonment to do so.
Background Pony #7CFD
@Dustcan  
No they didn’t. She was never given one. Also, Starlight blew off Twilight’s friendship speech and came back for revenge.
Background Pony #6071
Either way, if Luna could spend 1000 years on the moon, Cozy can afford to spend a while as a block of concrete. Maybe they can fix her one day, maybe not. Until then, though, she’s where she needs to be right now.
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Music Connoisseur
I still think that giving MLP a spinoff where the characters are all in high school was an unnecessary idea given how it doesn’t have anything to do with MLP in general than just cashing in on the high school craze like Glee, Winx Club, Monster High and yes, High School Musical. Although I will say that I have watched the main movies from this series and they’re all mostly fine and I do think that Sunset Shimmer is a good character so I’m glad that they managed to make it work somehow.
Background Pony #6071
@Myoozik  
Eqg ended up being nowhere near as bad as most of the fandom thought it would be and aside from pairing up rarity and applejack so often on screen, it made me sick of seeing them together period, I never really hated anything from the series.

I will agree, though, the idea of the EQG world in the first place sounded kinda out there. Like, where did that even come from in the first place? Did some exec at hasbro just wake up one day and say ‘those ponies? Make them high schoolers’ or something? High school magical girls was such an unnecessary market to try and cash in on for a show about horses.
Kiryu-Chan
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

World's Okayest User
I remember people ragging on EQG for trying to be like Monster High to be funny in hindsight given I eventually decided to watch a bit of it as well as the spin-off Ever After High and actually wound up kinda liking them(moreso EAH)
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide