Unpopular opinion time

Ring Team
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

I don’t think Starlight is a mary sue. If you use that word to describe a character you don’t think it’s very good or interesting without any context, it’s pretty safe to say that you’re gonna lose the argument or even the point you’re trying to make.

Because of that, I think it’s much better to explain why you don’t think it’s good for a TV show to write a main character with a very basic background story, an insane amount of power magic to solve every problem (relying on the power fantasy trope) and is beloved by everyone in her town despite having a selfish, toxic attitude without questioning her actions, atittude and even lines.
DaddyMakesMeEUHH

(ヽ^ゝ^)ちわー!
Am I the only one who dislikes how the show hinted at Discord X Fluttershy? I disdane Discord personally. I mean people can ship whatever they like, but I believe Disney Princess Fluttershy could do better.
DaddyMakesMeEUHH

(ヽ^ゝ^)ちわー!
@pixel  
That makes sense…I think Discord should’ve been Longma though…

@Latecomer  
Yeah it has been awhile since I’ve watch the show, but I’ve never seen Fluttershy be intreseted in no one like Rarity and Twilight had…
AC97
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

@Twiface

Admittedly, yes, it was a nod that I forgot about, but that wasn’t “Flutterbat” at all, since the ears were fake, as were the bat wings. The fangs also for whatever reason disappeared the second she took the fake ears off, perhaps implying they were enchanted, and the red eyes were probably contacts.
DaddyMakesMeEUHH

(ヽ^ゝ^)ちわー!
Now that I think about it, I don’t have a favorite character out of the main 6. There’s some I like better than others, but not to the point I would have a poster on my wall with just that individual one. They all had their faults,and their good moments, but to me I wished we could have seen more of them…At least some paired up with the others more often.
Latecomer

@DaddyMakesMeEUHH  
I’m mostly even too, although I can struggle with Dash sometimes - and seeing people say things like “the group works better without Applejack” makes me want to call her my favourite, contrarian as I am.
DaddyMakesMeEUHH

(ヽ^ゝ^)ちわー!
@Latecomer  
I love Applejack but I sometimes poke fun at her too. Same with RD I find her annoying some times, my personal good episodes from her is when she’s with Scootaloo and she’s like the big sister archetype. Also it makes no sense why it’s taken the writers 8 seasons to actually have a bonafide Rarity and Rd episode just for them to figure out thay have nothing in common with each other except friends. The same goes with Applejack and Twilight, we needed to see more of those two together.
Background Pony #8777
I personally think the group wouldn’t work if they were missing any member. I love all of them, and they’re all awesome and flawed in their own way, even if one or another may frustrate me at times.
Brass Beau

Howdy from Shimmer Pope
The individual flaws of the mane six were a little inconsistent, unless memory is failing me again.  
Twilight had her anxiety from her perfectionism. Fluttershy was afraid if most everything. But Rainbow had performance anxiety once and the whole nickname thing with the Wonderbolts. Rarity gave off a general vibe that she would be prone to jealousy but we didn’t see that a whole lot, did we?  
What were the consistent negative traits of the mane six, exactly?
Latecomer

@Brass Beau  
Twi has her insecurity/ego/humility triangle - actually, about half of the cast do. For her in particular, there’s overplaning and perfectionism.

AJ is kind of stubbourn, set in her ways, and can be overprotective.

Pinkie has no inherent understanding of how other people can like or hate different things to her (though she’s a good learner. She struggles to relate in several ways, in fact.

RD is brash, arrogant, quick to anger, and most of the flaws generally associated with masculinity.

Fluttershy is reclusive, avoidant, bottles up her feelings and can be rather passive-agressive.

Rarity is a bit snobbish and prejudiced (though she mostly fights it when she recognises it), can put too much stock on appearances, and sees herself as somewhat more worldly than she actually is.
Brass Beau

Howdy from Shimmer Pope
@DaddyMakesMeEUHH  
It’s mostly with Discord and Zephyr I imagine. I have no examples but it sounds right.

@Latecomer  
Trouble relating to people and understanding their emotions is a sign of being on the spectrum (I think). If that’s the case, it’s interesting to contrast how she and Maud interact with others.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide