Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Silver Bit -
Ruby -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -
Artist -

Flop it to the princess
Oh yeah Gauntlet of Fire, that’s certainly another great one.

I didn’t find SAYS very amusing just genuinely bad, exaggerating gags and making Spike seem stupid, pretty sure it was also my least favorite episode of the show for a long time. There have certainly been worse since then but it was the nadir of S1-3 for me.
EquusStorm
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Silver Bit -
Ruby -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -
Artist -

Flop it to the princess
@Brass Beau

I just re-watched that one last night, I can’t believe I’m forgetting about the good Spike eps haha. I guess the bad ones just leave such a negative impression I keep forgetting how many good ones there are.
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

Music Connoisseur
Princess Spike was also a thing that happened that shouldn’t have been a thing. As much as I hate this episode, I’m also partially glad it exists since it gave the staff a wake up call to improve Spike’s episodes. Without this, we likely wouldn’t have had Gauntlet Of Fire, Triple Threat, The Times They Are A Changeling, Molt Down, Sweet & Smoky and such.
EquusStorm
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Silver Bit -
Ruby -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -
Artist -

Flop it to the princess
Sad thing is there was a lot of potential with the concept for the episode. As long as it served as a stepping stone to better episodes I guess it gets a pass, since those latter ones are great. Molt Down, I think could have been improved, but I digress; it also serves a very important story purpose
EquusStorm
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Silver Bit -
Ruby -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -
Artist -

Flop it to the princess
I dunno I just think the idea of Spike taking over for a bit while Twilight rested could be used in a more entertaining fashion but the episode tended to play more on ‘lol incompetent Spike overdoing it as always’
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

Music Connoisseur
@EquusStorm  
Sounds fair, see the little guy take responsibility without making him be weak and incompetent. It could’ve been the Spike At Your Service that we deserved without having it double down on the mean spiritedness.

And unrelated, but I would watch an episode dedicated to this Grand Equestria Summit, seeing all these different towns and kingdoms come together as one would make for some decent world building. How does diplomacy work in Fillydelphia? Or Cloudsdale? Or Griffonstone?
Brass Beau

Howdy from Shimmer Pope
@Myoozik  
When Spike told them to share the stage I thought, “oh! Spike has spent enough time around Twilight that he can give good advice.” Then it turned out to be the wrong advice and I thought, “oh! Generic friend advice can’t work for every situation. That’s an interesting topic.” If the episode focused a little more on that and less on Spike abusing authority, I think the episode could have been improved.
DoctorWTF
Non-Fungible Trixie -

And unrelated, but I would watch an episode dedicated to this Grand Equestria Summit, seeing all these different towns and kingdoms come together as one would make for some decent world building. How does diplomacy work in Fillydelphia? Or Cloudsdale? Or Griffonstone?

Issues 61 and 62 of the comic (main series) involved something similar, an event called “Convocation of the Creatures”.
Latecomer

@Brass Beau  
A lot of people don’t agree with this… but then, a lot of people say Spike didn’t get a good ep till Season 6.

@Myoozik  
Princess Spike has one and only one problem, but it’s sadly a big one - it’s narrative and moral are misaligned. Everything else about it is great. (Although I wouldn’t have minded the original rumoured concept - a Spike/Celestia bodyswap - either.)
Background Pony #7FAB
Watching Bats!, I still hate how we’re supposed to see Fluttershy as the right one.
Background Pony #7FAB
@Latecomer  
I personally wouldn’t go that far, since I still enjoyed it for the most part. I just dislike that one aspect of it.
EquusStorm
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Silver Bit -
Ruby -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -
Artist -

Flop it to the princess
I’m a huge FS fan so I can’t dislike Bats! much; despite being a bit better in concept than execution, it earns lots of points for bringing in Flutterbat
Background Pony #7FAB
Is there a difference between “episode I don’t like” and “episode I would rather skip in a rewatch”?
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide