Unpopular opinion time

Tiger beetle
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
Artist -

Send massage.
@Myoozik  
I just watch a lot of reactions.

Another unpopular opinion - 28 Pranks Later was a good episode, and a needed lesson for Rainbow. I mean, letting a skunk spray Cranky, and putting a brick in Mr. Cake’s sandwich? RD more than deserved the zombie prank.

If there was one thing I didn’t like is how AJ essentially provoked her into getting more aggressive with the pranks.
Tiger beetle
Artist -

Send massage.
@Don’t  
A confrontation is what made her prank harder. I think they also remembered what happened in the “Mysterious Mare-Do-Well” and how trying to tell her she was being arrogant only made her more arrogant. And they were right - in both cases Rainbow only learned her lesson from being upstaged/pranked.
Kiryu-Chan
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

World's Okayest User
28 Pranks Later sucked because it basically took MMDW and doubled down on everything everyone hated about it

@Tiger beetle  
@Don’t
A confrontation is what made her prank harder. I think they also remembered what happened in the “Mysterious Mare-Do-Well” and how trying to tell her she was being arrogant only made her more arrogant. And they were right - in both cases Rainbow only learned her lesson from being upstaged/pranked.

Except they didn’t. They never talked to her about it, they only made fun of her for being jealous of Mare Do Well while bragging about their own accomplishments
Tiger beetle
Artist -

Send massage.
@Kiryu-Chan  
Could’ve sworn they told her that maybe she shouldn’t brag so much in MMDW. Oh well, I must’ve misremembered that.  
“28 Pranks Later” still remains a good episode in my opinion, though.
Spinny
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~

Resident Spin Fetishist
@Kiryu-Chan

Agreed. Also, the prank itself was stupid because someone could have gotten seriously hurt. If Dash truly believed her life was in danger, she probably would have tried to fight back at some point.
Tiger beetle
Artist -

Send massage.
@Spinny  
It seemed like she was just running away, and then tried to keep others from eating the cookies. Plus she believed “the effects will wear off”. She had no reason to fight the cookie zombies since, you know, they didn’t attempt to eat ponies. And I’m pretty sure others would stop the prank immediately if she started to become violent.
Kiryu-Chan
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

World's Okayest User
@Spinny  
For me personally, what makes it worse was how it came out so soon after Newbie Dash, another episode who’s only purpose seemingly was to punish RD. Like at that point it’s really hard not to see it as anything other than actively hostile
Lord WyrmSpawN
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Thread Starter - MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Lingering Wyvern
@Kiryu-Chan  
Rainbow Dash had alot of episodes like that. Felt disproportionate. Like she was the only one that needed to be beaten down constantly.

Those prideful types got it coming, i guess.
Brass Beau

Howdy from Shimmer Pope
“Rainbow, pranks aren’t funny unless everyone is laughing.”  
“Nah. Still funny.”  
“You’re acting like a bully.”  
“It’s just a prank, bro!”

Not gonna lie, I think the moral was probably why I remember the episode at all. It’s pretty bland otherwise.
Background Pony #5E51
Anyone feel “Sounds of Silence” was a little too on-the-nose with Fluttershy being wrong? Like, I’m glad it wasn’t another episode where Fluttershy is right and the complainer pony is wrong, but I feel they didn’t really give Fluttershy a good reason to support the Kirin being silent other than “fire is dangerous.” It made it seem more to me that she was more worried about the environment than she was about an entire species giving up their voices forever.
DoctorWTF
Non-Fungible Trixie -

It made it seem more to me that she was more worried about the environment than she was about an entire species giving up their voices forever.

That plus their emotions - they had essentially reduced themselves to robots made of meat. It seems pretty out of character for any of our protagonists to consider that an acceptable living situation. Even with Fluttershy’s concerns for the environment and the wildlife, one would think she’d acknowledge the need to find a less extreme solution.
Background Pony #5E51
@DoctorWTF  
In “The Hooffields and McColts”, her response to the fighting was “Um, if you could just not yell so much or maybe stop saying words altogether…” so maybe not too ooc. And to be fair, I always felt Applejack was way more aggressive than she usually is, so maybe it balances out.

@WyrmSpawN  
That makes her seem somewhat sociopathic.
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

Music Connoisseur
@Spinny  
I know I would’ve.

@Background Pony #5E51  
Long time since I’ve seen that episode, but I didn’t get that impression when I watched it. A rewatch could change that, but I’ve always viewed it as her being clueless and not really knowing what to do as opposed to AJ who got the real reason why they were like that.
Background Pony #5E51
@Myoozik  
I’m not entirely sure she was clueless. She knows she was called to the Kirin village for a friendship village and, IMO at least, the Kirin’s story makes it blatantly obvious what’s the friendship problem they need to fix. Fluttershy jumps on the pro-silence side because of the really flimsy excuse that “fire is dangerous”. Well duh. So are the some of the animals you take care of at your cottage and the sanctuary. It just makes her seem kind-of uncaring about the Kirin as a whole since apparently it’s acceptable they continue being emotionless, voiceless meatsacks for the forest and animals’ sake.

Then again, she was more concerned about the animals’ sake than helping the Hooffields and McColts ending a very damaging feud.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide