Unpopular opinion time

DoctorWTF
Non-Fungible Trixie -

As evidenced by the fact that they ended up introducing romances, just for other characters.
And that’s kinda unfair. Hypothetically if we were to see romance from the main group, AJ would have been the perfect pony to show it. Her life is already stable, she seems perfectly emotionally mature, she’s a calm pony etc. Her finding a romantic partner could’ve shown what a healthy romantic relationship would’ve looked liked.

Plus it’s perfectly plausible (probable, even - at least assuming she is in fact heterosexual) that at some point she’d feel an obligation to carry on her family line.

And did anyone else find it odd that Pinkie Pie is the only one of the Mane Six to get an explicitly established not-open-to-interpretation romantic partner in “The Last Problem”? With her becoming the Cakes’ go-to babysitter, it’s not at all farfetched that she might eventually want a child of her own, but still…
DaddyMakesMeEUHH

(ヽ^ゝ^)ちわー!
And did anyone else find it odd that Pinkie Pie is the only one of the Mane Six to get an explicitly established not-open-to-interpretation romantic partner

Yes. I’m happy for Pinkie but sad for the others especially Twilight and Rarity.
Spinny
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

Resident Spin Fetishist
@DaddyMakesMeEUHH

I still think that Rarijack had a decent amount of buildup going for it, so Rarity would have to be the first choice for AJ’s romantic partner. And I wouldn’t have minded if her kids were only adopted.

It freaking irks me that the ONLY reason Pinkie ended up the only one with a kid is because Cheese Sandwich was the only one the writers felt safe enough to ship her with.
DaddyMakesMeEUHH

(ヽ^ゝ^)ちわー!
ONLY reason Pinkie ended up the only one with a kid is because Cheese Sandwich was the only one the writers felt safe enough to ship her with.

And that’s a problem. I can understand Hasbro having a say on who gets canon or not,but I can’t stand it when writers bend the knee for the fans, especially the toxic ones.  
People are going to ship anything they want regardless even if something is canon or not, so the writers should have ignore them. It’s like why are the two characters that were shown to be interested in romance, not have romantic partners in the end of it.
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Music Connoisseur
@Background Pony #5E51  
Well like I mentioned, it’s been a long time since I’ve seen that episode so I’m just going by very weak muscle memory. Really what I was getting at is that no, it wasn’t on the nose and I was glad that she was portrayed in the wrong after so many episodes of her being in the right.
Background Pony #563A
@Dex Stewart  
None of the girls, honestly. Fluttershy seems nice enough to go along with AJ’s dominant personality while still being assertive enough to put her foot down (nicely) when she thinks AJ’s being dumb. Her and everyone else would butt heads too often but I don’t think hasbro would go that route. Maybe some townsfolk that’s been BG forever but they decide to give character. It would have to be a slow buildup like her brother and SB had over multiple eps but it could be done.
Background Pony #563A
@Spinny  
This is more for the shipping thread but all I got from them was an odd couple ‘they fight but they’re still friends’ vibe. I didn’t really see any romance basis like we got in the EQG Universe’s Rarity and AJ.
DoctorWTF
Non-Fungible Trixie -

ONLY reason Pinkie ended up the only one with a kid is because Cheese Sandwich was the only one the writers felt safe enough to ship her with.
And that’s a problem. I can understand Hasbro having a say on who gets canon or not,but I can’t stand it when writers bend the knee for the fans, especially the toxic ones.

If they were going to do that, perhaps they shouldn’t have concretely shipped any of the Mane Six. I remember hearing about some social media post stating that the future was meant to be open to interpretation - if that’s what they were going for, then why have any of them be like “Oh yeah, I have a husband and child now.”?

I am reminded of a tweet from when “Growing Up is Hard to Do” aired, confirming the obvious intent behind Scootaloo’s adult body. It included the line “Fans are welcome to interpret things how they like”, which in context felt like “We’re trying to have it both ways” (that is, placate both the fans that had held her up as a role model for people with disabilities and the ones who were hopeful to have her eventually fly).
Latecomer

@DoctorWTF  
Well if you think about it, she’s pretty settled isn’t she? She never really shows any interest in leaving Ponyville. As for a coupling… Rule of Faust.

@DaddyMakesMeEUHH  
Well, Twilight is understandable, given her role. As for Rarity… I guess she drew the short straw?
DoctorWTF
Non-Fungible Trixie -

@DaddyMakesMeEUHH  
Wait, when did Twilight show any interest in romance?

As for Rarity, her fantasies in “The Ticket Master” clearly indicate that she was way more interested in marrying into royalty for the status than having an actual relationship with Prince Blueblood.
Background Pony #563A
@DoctorWTF  
That seems like an early season rarity thing. She certainly toned down that high society seeking in later seasons. She still obsessed over status at times but the latter seasons showed her at least more oriented to gaining fame and recognition on her own merits through her fashion work.
DaddyMakesMeEUHH

(ヽ^ゝ^)ちわー!
@DoctorWTF  
Flash Sentry and her had a little thing going on (even in the pony universe) before the “simps” came in and destroyed any possibility of Flash having any type of development.  
Rarity had that attraction to Trenderhoof. I don’t know if we should count the comics, but in those she’s always fondling over any attractive looking Stallion. You could say Fancy Pants and her have potential to be a thing as well. If I remember correctly Rarity also likes to read romantic mystery books, so that could mean that she would accept having a mate. I’m probably just reaching on that last point though.😅
Brass Beau

Howdy from Shimmer Pope
@DaddyMakesMeEUHH  
Rarity always struck me as more interested in the idea of romance than actual romance. She’s probably had a few suitors approach her during the time skip but Rarity is married to her work.  
Twilight didn’t really show much interest in romance other than Flash. She’s probably had a crush here and there but I don’t see here settling down. Her royal lifestyle isn’t really conducive to romance.  
Applejack is always looking out for her family and their livelihood. With Big Mac being married, she probably never put any thought into having kids of her own. Plus, any stallion that would be interested in her couldn’t keep up with her.  
Rainbow Dash is another weird one. She’s an only child and a surrogate sister to Scootaloo. Her relationship with her parents was… strained briefly. The absolute closest we ever got to romance was when she was fangirling. She doesn’t really give off “mom” vibes. “Cool aunt” energy for days but nothing romantic.  
Fluttershy… yeah, I don’t think I can be objective with this one.  
Pinkie, finally, is much like Rarity in that she likes the idea of romance over the actual process. But, being full of energy and throwing her whole heart into what she does means that whoever she is passionate with needs to match that energy. Cheese is the only one that could.

But that’s just my bullshit analysis.
Spinny
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

Resident Spin Fetishist
@Background Pony #563A

Incidentally, it definitely feels like they gradually slowed the amount of Rarijack shipteasing in FiM around the same time that they started doubling down on it in EG.

@DaddyMakesMeEUHH

I definitely don’t see why Twilight had to give up the opportunity for romance or children once she became Equestria’s ruler. Granted, that’s all the more reason why it was such bullshit that Celestia decided to dump the whole princess thing onto Twilight’s head, regardless of whether she wanted it or not.

Hell, I don’t even understand why Celestia and Luna never had children themselves.
DaddyMakesMeEUHH

(ヽ^ゝ^)ちわー!
@Spinny  
Can Celestia and Luna even…mate? Like where in the heavens did they come from? Ack! So many questions, I wished Faust would have stick with her original backstory ideas for them…
Brass Beau

Howdy from Shimmer Pope
@DaddyMakesMeEUHH  
Alicorns are weird man. Are they immortal? Were Luna and Celestia born alicorns? Who are they’re parents? Where did the others go? What qualifies them to rule? How were leaders decided before? Backstory is missing a lot in this series.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide