Unpopular opinion time

Latecomer

@Spinny  
Luna hasn’t had much oppurtunity lately, and possibly never did. As for Celestia, well, one person can be childfree for all sorts of reasons, especially when she has a whole nation of substututes.
Brass Beau

Howdy from Shimmer Pope
@DaddyMakesMeEUHH  
To my knowledge that story doesn’t explicitly contradict the show or film(s) but the comics are generally considered non-canon. They’re canon until they’re not. Semi-canon. Pseudo-canon. Canon-ish.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
@WyrmSpawN

Hey they had plenty of time and chances to “succeed” together.

Also, Sunset has to come from somewhere and there has to be an explanation why there aren’t more of her in the multiverse, if you catch my drift.
DoctorWTF
Non-Fungible Trixie -

@DaddyMakesMeEUHH
Alicorns are weird man. Are they immortal? Were Luna and Celestia born alicorns? Who are they’re parents? Where did the others go? What qualifies them to rule? How were leaders decided before? Backstory is missing a lot in this series.

It’s kind of hard to discuss lifespans when you aren’t allowed to talk about death.
Background Pony #563A
@Spinny  
They slowed all ship teasing into the later seasons around the main characters. Sparity got toned way down, rarijack in the main universe, flashlight nearly gone, etc. it seemed for a long time the showrunners really did want to stick more to the no romance thing for the main characters. Timber upended that in the eqg world then the eqg writers started all that rarijack pairing which they honestly overdid by a longshot. Made me tired of seeing them together on screen.. The main universe seemed to stick to the no romance thing at least until the finale with Pinkie x cheese and hints at both fluttercord and appledash supposedly thrown in there for good measure.
HeadlessHorselessHorseman

I think downplaying Applejack’s temper was one the later seasons’ bigger flaws. They could’ve easily found opportunities to use it without making her and Dash too similar; Applejack is competitive mostly in defense of things that are important to her, even if, as in Fallweather Friends, they’re just abstract rules of the game (which is why I think having her play Chancellor Puddinghead in Heart’s Warming Eve was a huge missed opportunity), whereas Dash is mostly competitive in defense of her own reputation. Applejack takes pride in being a bearer of what’s good about the past, not in herself as such.

Like, she is traditionalist, but there’s ways to have her be actively, and even thoughtfully, so. She could have been conservative without being the passive voice of reason.
Background Pony #5E51
I personally see the comics as loose canon; just pick-and-choose what you’d like to be canon and ignore the rest.

I’m not personally a big fan of the implied Fluttercord and AppleDash, in the latter case I feel it just falls into stereotypes forced on them, and that those two could have really done without. But eh, it’s lightly implied so it’s not like I’m being forced to accept it happened and if it does happen in the comics, then I can just ignore it like I do with most of the comics.
Brass Beau

Howdy from Shimmer Pope
… Just had a thought, if Sassy runs Canterlot Boutique and Coco runs Rarity For You, who runs Carousel Boutique when Rarity is away?
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide