Unpopular opinion time

Ring Team
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

I’m gonna start watching School Daze next week.

Overall thoughts about this one? I hope it’s not too long because it’s a double episode. Shadow Play was already too long without a second part.
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

Music Connoisseur
@Cosmas-the-Explorer  
Yeah I was about to say, Applejack had a more realistic view of them because of the bad experience that she’s had with them and thinks that they’ll just go back to square one if they helped them, which they pretty much did by the end and Fluttershy definitely had the idealized view who thought that she should at least give them a chance to find out if that was the Friendship Problem that they were called for.

Just like you, I would’ve loved more interactions between the both, mostly to switch it up on who’s right and who’s wrong so it won’t be as one sided as “Bats!” was.
Algebroot Neogears
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -

Sci-fi & Dragons
@Ring Team  
I didn’t like Shadow Play either. Although I have a different reason: From what I remember, its plot is nearly identical to the episode “Friendship is Magic”, but with different settings and characters. Except this time, the antagonist being freed is the main protagonist’s fault.
Background Pony #563A
I can’t remember shadow play that well but I do remember thinking ‘shut the hell up Starlight’ during the episode. I remember being super annoyed she ended up saving the day for this one. That was 2 season finales in a row Starlight played center stage beating the bad guy and it felt kind of overwhelming. I remember not liking starlight that much at this point mostly because I felt like the writers were really desperate to make me like her. That and she would keep bringing up her past mistakes as a villain every 2 seconds made me even less of a fan. With a bloated main cast like MLP had, I get its hard to organically grow characters individually in short periods of time when you have others to focus on and it felt to me like S6-7 Starlight was suffering from this. I don’t think it was really until S8 and after I really warmed to her. Especially in comparison to trying to develop the student 6 in the last 2 seasons despite the already huge cast list, Starlight really wasn’t so bad by the end of the show.
Mr.Myoozik
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Music Connoisseur
@Brass Beau  
It’s an episode where either it makes you glad to put the students to good use, or it makes you curse their existence. Oh and Fluttershy constantly getting employee of the month because of course she does.
Brass Beau

Howdy from Shimmer Pope
@Myoozik  
I found that joke pretty funny. They could have slotted in Pinkie, Rarity or split it between the three but the idea that it was just Fluttershy had me legitimately laughing.
Ring Team
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

@Algebroot Neogears  
Yeah, that’s another thing: Some episodes are similar to other episodes (all the Daring Do episodes, for example, are conceptually the same), and Shadow Play wasn’t an exception.

But at least some episodes in season 7 were pretty great, like A Flurry of Emotions, Marks and Recreation and Campfire Tales. I wish more episodes were like Campfire Tales, because this concept would be great to tell more original and mythical stories.
Mr.Myoozik

Music Connoisseur
@Brass Beau  
If it was Pinkie getting all the slots, I actually would’ve liked it better and would’ve found it a lot funnier. Or if you want to make it even more over the top, have some random unknown background teacher get it to amplify the humor better.

@Spinny  
Or how flawed the whole school system is as a whole.
Background Pony #01EC
I genuinely love Daring Done though. It’s my favorite Daring Do episode. Daring Doubt on the other hand, I completely loathe.
Background Pony #01EC
@Spinny  
In retrospect, none of the Mane Six (except maybe Twilight) were really suitable teachers. I’m still not sure how they’d even find time in their schedules to teach; Fluttershy seems like the only plausible one with enough free time to do it.

I always did think it was a little sad we never got to see the Mane Six just hang out together like in the earlier seasons.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide