Unpopular opinion time

Mildgyth
Best Pink Pony - For being the first person to reach 50k uploads, managing the site's featured images, and countless other contributions to the site.
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab

Senior Moderator
Humata, Hukhta, Hvarshta
@DragonBoi471

I think the writers didn’t exactly know that when they started writing. I’m sure that part of the season (Uprooted for certain) was already written before the writers knew that that was going to be the last season.
Ring Team
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

I think it had too many writers and too many hands that wanted to do different things without going to a specific direction. And it shows.

It didn’t bother me in season 9. The people who were complaining about The Ending of the end are usually the same people who didn’t question some creative decisions in the middle of the ride. Like, why would I complain about a passive character such as Fluttershy when I can do that in the final episode? By the time I was trying to finish it, I was fine with some wild creative episodes, including The beginning of the end and The ending of the end despite the problems.

In fact, I think The ending of the end is the Dustbowl of MLP:FiM.

I think one of the major reasons why the final episodes are a big punchline is because the hype ended. In my personal experience, whenever I wasn’t convinced with a certain episode, there was three fans who always said “nah, you’re just a hater”. And whenever I liked an episode, the same people said “oh, so you like this episode, but not this other one?”. It’s bullshit.

When there’s hype there’s a lot of heat. And when there’s a lot of heat, people will answer in a very passionate way, whether it’s positive or intense.
Background Pony #4530
@Latecomer  
But Sombra was a living being when he was revived, you could say that in his first death he was more like a mindless phantom but not the second time  
The writers just didn’t care
Background Pony #082B
The three were sealed to make sure they couldn’t come back to harm their home, nothing was wicked about turning them to stone, chrysalis said they would always return, so they did it to keep Equestria safe. Our Protagonist did what they felt was right. They cheered after because now there safe from them and think of as like locking up a big time drug dealer or tyrant everyone would cheer realistically. Even in tartarus tirek was sending cozy mail, stoning them was the best option.
DragonBoi471
Duck - Does Anypony Else even feel like Reading What I Say?
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Artist -

*Durgon Noises*
@Background Pony #082B  
Considering the punishment that the trio of villains got, I personally compare it more to a cement truck pouring quick-drying concrete on top of a highly dangerous terrorist.

BTW does anyone knows what would happen if you actually dumped wet cement onto a criminal? Would they still be alive after the concrete hardened, or would their corpse become a statue stuck in one pose forever?
Lord WyrmSpawN
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Thread Starter - MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Lingering Wyvern
@DragonBoi471  
It depends on how quick they could be recovered and how much cement.

If he’s suffocates before anyone could get to him, that’s that. But he’ll likely be chipped out and arrested properly otherwise.
DoctorWTF
Non-Fungible Trixie -

@Background Pony #082B  
Or how about having more security than a magically sealed door and a single guard dog? If they have mail service to Tartarus, there should be somepony monitoring prisoners’ communication with the outside world (you know, like prisons in real life).

@WyrmSpawN  
Also, there’s no such thing as “quick drying” cement like what you see in the cartoons - that stuff takes days to get hard. Plus it’s so dense that a person would easily float on top of it, making it a grossly impractical weapon. Though if you had enough of it, you could maybe dump it quickly enough to cause a fatal crushing injury.
Background Pony #082B
i just don’t see celestia and luna being capable of being that cruel with the whole cement analogy so i never saw it that harshly, more like locking them up and throwing away the key.
Background Pony #61D8
Alright, so looking at the thoughts of meh brony and brass beau if Grogar being real: (@Meh brony  
@Background Pony #1847
He more than likely would’ve been the true final villain of season 9 and by extension the tv series as a whole.
Grogar would have reversed the flow of magic (it is his bell) and drained the trio. 50/50 odds on redemption, 70/30 on reformation.

@Meh brony  
Given that they wouldn’t have had grogar’s magic to make them as big of a threat what I believe what would’ve happened is in in worst case scenario that all three of them would’ve been sent to Tartarus instead of being turned into a statue, a second plausible best case scenario is that the three of them would’ve experienced an even evil has standards moment under grogar and potentially helped the heroes defeat him, which in turn would convince the ponies to give them a second chance albeit under very tight scrutiny, not unlike how the mane six initially treated discord during the early stages of his reformation.
)

I can’t help but also imagine discord either being tied up by grogar, or arriving late and noticing the drained trio.

I can also assume that grogar ends up being the one in stone.

As for the trio, I feel another option for them would be being banished from equestria (Yes, I know, harsh, but they’re the villains, so…).

Or, taking meh brony’s thought (“the three of them would’ve experienced an even evil has standards moment under grogar and potentially helped the heroes defeat him, which in turn would convince the ponies to give them a second chance albeit under very tight scrutiny, not unlike how the mane six initially treated discord during the early stages of his reformation.”), have it reveal that he wants to kill centaurs and changelings (we don’t know if he actually would act like that, so I had to imagine he would). That would be what would convince the three of them to realize that standard. Next to the fact that he would severely injure celestia and thorax (possibly shocking the three).

Honestly, I think it’s definitely up to debate on how it could go.
Ring Team
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Artist -

Was Capper the talking cat from the MLP movie?

I think he’s fine (like most characters in the film), but I admit I’m not a huge fan of his song. The animation of that sequence was great, but I wanted a more dynamic song.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide