Unpopular opinion time

Cosmas-the-Explorer
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.

Explorer in Training
I don’t love the Sonic Rainboom episode. I like they introduced something as awesome as Cloudsdale. I like the little lore they gave there.

And they gave Rainbow a more sensitive side to her. It makes you feel for her as the underdog.

Thank goodness her friends encouraged her… Nope.

Rarity had such promise in this episode saying how she related to Rainbow in things like stage fright and being worried and EVEN saying they should go to Cloudsdalr and encourage her. That’s such great writing.

But then they made her into a selfish narcissist who was actually sabatoging her own friend. Yeah she apologized and I guess the moral was you shouldn’t lose sight of what’s important, but I still think it ruined her character.

I would have Rarity in this episode actually assisted Rainbow in looking more stylish (you know, what a fashion designer is supposed to do).

Maybe they could have had a different moral for this episode or something.

Long story short, I think this was a very lazy and OOC way to write the Element of Generosity and had such wasted potential.

I admire its ambition in lore and its visuals. But it’s like they forgot the important parts at the same time here.
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

Music Connoisseur
I have a feeling that once the G5 movie premieres, this thread is gonna be filled with unpopular opinion discussions about it
skilledful

@Cosmas-the-Explorer

In Sonic Rainboom unfortunately they made her into a selfish narcissist for the laughter.In The cartoons The Fashionista is portrayed as Comic Relief is to relieve her sensuality.  
In Rainbow Rocks Rarity was attentive,funny and focus during crisis(the dazzlings) meawhile talks to Twilight,but ​full comic relief since farm scene until to the last minute of the movie
Lord WyrmSpawN
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Thread Starter - MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Lingering Wyvern
Sonic Rainboom was a S1 episode, it’s not hard to surmise Rarity just wasn’t as considerate as we expect her to be now.

Just because she’s more subtle than Rainbow at times doesn’t meant she can’t carry the same penchant for self-aggrandizement.
Algebroot Neogears
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -

Sci-fi & Dragons
So far, G5 feels more to me like a third universe with Equestria and the Mane 6 (this time they are from an unknown ancient past), rather than taking place in the actual same universe as G4.
Background Pony #61D8
@Spinny  
Tbf, considering how popular G4 was, and the unfortunate downside of having it in a different universe being that it won’t be successful, I think this was a lose-lose situation.
Ring Team
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

So before G5 was announced, fans wanted it to be like G4 or a sequel to G4.

After its announcement and before the release of the film (and eventually the show), people don’t want to give it a chance because “it’s a sequel to G4”.

The MLP fandom is as arbitrary as a karen.
Ring Team
Artist -

@Egil  
Yeah, I can imagine that. The type of people who, for example, would complain about Parasite without watching it because “Joker didn’t win the best feature Oscar”. xD

At least it’s easy to read these people.
Ring Team
Artist -

@WyrmSpawN  
Not necessarily (I mean, we’re talking about cute talking horses), but I can’t avoid thinking about the few fanboys who have complained about Parasite for getting an Oscar (well, actually 4 Oscars) for the same reasons the G4 fanboys are complaining about the G5, and that isn’t even released.
Ring Team
Artist -

@Latecomer  
And I agree. I wasn’t specifically talking about you, don’t get me wrong (to be honest, I really enjoy reading your thoughts). I was talking about the weird logic some MLP fans have in relation to the G5.

Let’s see how it turns out. I think it’s gonna be a good film. The premise is interesting.
Cosmas-the-Explorer
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.

Explorer in Training
I have mixed feelings on the Crusaders of the Lost Mark.

I actually like that the CMC’s cutie marks were in helping other ponies. It might be a retcon of what was probably intented in Show Stoppers, but I think it’s more interesting this way, and helping the lost find their purpose is something that I’m down for.

With Diamond Tiara, I felt they rushed her redemption story way too much, it should’ve been built up more slowly. And cynically I feel like they only redeemed her to make CMC find their cutie marks. I like the idea of her being redeemed but more gradually.

I think this episode suffered from being a musical episode which made everything have to go more quickly. Honestly they could’ve made a whole episode long arc about Diamond and the CMC. Also I would’ve also tied this cutie mark story somehow to Starlight Glimmer and make it a grand CMC, Starlight, Diamond and Silver finale.

One last nitpick, I wish Scootaloo was more resistant to redeeming Diamond. In fact I would have liked it if Sweetie Belle was the only one that wanted to redeem her at first. It would add some conflict to the story. I find it boring if they all have the same outlook about helping a great rival of theirs.

Man, my opinions are long. I guess these forums are a glorified blogpost for me😂.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide