Unpopular opinion time

Terminal Rex

Going Indognito mode..
I can’t imagine how Tragic an Attempt by Tirek to reform would be post finale. Ever heard the cover song ‘Hurt’ by Johnny cash? That’d sum up Tirek.

He’s a 3 time loser who’s been imprisoned for thousands of years. He’s served his time and sick of villainy as it’s brought nothing but ruin upon him. He’s naturally old and frail and reformation would require he stay that way. His homeland would be gone or changed and his family would be long dead.

He’s wasted his life. Everyone he knows is gone and he has no purpose.

All he’d have left is memories and Regrets. Imagine this old centaur traveling home after being released, Desperately hoping for some form of reconciliation with his family, only to find it all gone. Unless he made a friend on the way he’d be inconsolable.
Background Pony #FD3D
@Latecomer  
Just thinking that Twilight has an action figure of her form before TLP. Also, the fact that means I can think of a future where Equestria isn’t divided. I should probably clarify, I don’t necessarily think the theory is true or anything, I just think of it as a fun “what if”.
Terminal Rex

Going Indognito mode..
@Kiryu-Chan  
Nah. They’d each get their own journey. Horrible people trying to redeem each other is a terrible idea.

Tirek would meet someone new on the journey back to his homeland.

Cozy being entrusted to an older flurry heart is an idea I’ve always liked.

Chrysalis? No idea. Changeling decendants maybe?
Spinny
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

Resident Spin Fetishist
@Ring Team

I don’t remember anyone wanting G5 to be a sequel to G4, and it would have been dumb to even expect it. Hell, the original plan for G5 was apparently to use just a different versions of the same six ponies from FiM, which would have been even more stupid than what we’re getting. Still though, I’m just not seeing any good reason why G5 needs a direct connection to G4, especially with the change in animation. It’s just odd, and it shows that the mane six’s lessons that they spread upon the world didn’t last.

@SparkleDash

Eh, FiM was clearly all out of steam by the time it ended. A nine-year run was plenty long enough.

@Kiryu-Chan

Hey, Kiryu, are you expecting to gravitate towards Zipp as a Rainbow Dash equivalent? I rather like her, too. ;P
Lord WyrmSpawN
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Thread Starter - MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Lingering Wyvern
@Spinny  
I disagree.

When we could expect a new world with new dimensions and the same characters under entirely different circumstances and hence new places to go character-wise, I was super-hyped.
Background Pony #E848
@ichiban iceychan 1517

@Ring Team

Well, these 2 extroverted ponies are the least peaceful of all the main 6, also the most easily morally corruptable compared to the other 4s, they are written to be more anti-heroic often, so you either love or hate them, is up to you.
Ring Team
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

I wouldn’t say “corruptible” necessarily, but these two characters have some problems that don’t fit in their respective character features.
Background Pony #2602
@Spinny  
It seems the G5 cast are more amalgamation of the G4 cast.  
Zipp appears to be that of Dash and Twilight, while others have different combinations, like Hutch seeming to be Applejack and Fluttershy and Izzy being Pinkie Pie and Rarity
Kiryu-Chan
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

World's Okayest User
Blistering take: the writing, especially for established characters, went down the toilet so hard when the writing teams changed entirely. Show also later suffered severely from character bias, in that it was really obvious who they wanted you to like and who they had a huge bone to pick with

@Spinny

Zipp’s right up my alley and the similarities help lol. I just hope they don’t go out of their way to screw her over like they did RD
Icicle Niceicle 1517
Stormfeather - For supporting the site
Strawberry Sunrise - For Patreon supporters
Tempest & Elizabat - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Champion - Led the charge of major battles for the New Lunar Republic, bringing swift and crushing defeat to the forces of the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.

Ocs,Boops,Tickles&Memes
Also, i really don’tcare about which writer wrote what episode or what their past work was.

I don’t really care or pay attention to who writes episodes for a show, i only care if i enjoy the end result of the episode or not. I fell like juding an episode based on who the writers are just seems like it would give you a biased opinon on it.
GenericArchangel
Alicorn Squadron - For supporting the site
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Artist -
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Supporter

Free the Tantabus
@Kiryu-Chan  
“Down the toilet” is some strong language IMO, but it is true that some of what made the characters interesting and unique seemed to dull over time, especially for Rarity and Fluttershy, who became sorta generic with few opportunities to be themselves. And this is despite Fluttershy dominating S9 in terms of focus episodes, most of which weren’t that great.
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Music Connoisseur
Okay let me catch up with everything that’s been said:

I don’t consider G5 a sequel to G4, just a separate continuity to it that only pays lipservice to Friendship Is Magic, and i’m fine with that.  
Crusaders Of The Lost Mark was a great episode, I don’t think it needed too many changes.  
I liked Tirek a a villain, but he could’ve been fleshed out more.  
I think all the Mane 6 are great characters and none of them are the worst out of all of them, but the one at the bottom of the list for me is Fluttershy, mostly due to overexposure.  
A decline in writing is sadly a given when a show goes for so long, so that’s why I’m not too upset about it. I think that both the early and later show have their strengths and weaknesses.  
I also don’t care about who writes an episode and frankly, I think obsessing about who writes what is stupid.  
I don’t have a favorite G5 character yet, I’m waiting for the movie to come out to pick one.

Okay, I think that’s everything.
Background Pony #FD3D
Hitch is my favorite of the new cast so far. I find his comedy scenes pretty funny, he seems responsible and competent, and I find his ego somewhat endearing in a he’s trying too hard to be a cool sheriff-kind of way.
Cosmas-the-Explorer
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.

Explorer in Training
@Background Pony #FD3D  
Same for me. I used to dislike his ego, because I thought they would just make him an arrogant dudebro. But ever since they showed stuff like his annoyance, his rule abiding attitude, he really has the potential to be a well rounded character.

In this picture, I interpret it more like Izzy is not focused on the camera and Hitch is trying to make her look at it. I feel like he’ll be the dad of the group. We need a level headed guy with all those crazy girls around😂
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide