Unpopular opinion time

WaynePonePone
Fluttershy - For supporting the site
Fluttershy - For supporting the site
Happy Derpy! - For site supporters
Gold Supporter - Gold Supporter
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab

Flutters Hitchy Glimglam
@pinkdoesstuff
I don’t… Do all G5 media cut from one shot to the other in less than 5 minutes to you? What part of G5 tells you it doesn’t let kids keep their attention for at least 5 minutes? Did we watch the same generation?
Posted Report
Spinny
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

Resident Spin Fetishist
The problem with TYT is that Izzy is a significantly worse character in it, and acts in ways that she largely doesn’t in MYM. In TYT, she’s continuously shown to be a burden to her own friends, but never gets properly called out for it and never learns anything. Hell, the Dumpster Diving episode in particular is a good example of her loathsome behavior, where she goes around town acting like she’s entitled to just take other people’s stuff, especially Posey, whom she chases down and tackles like a maniac.
Seriously, I don’t know why she’s written like this and it irritates the hell out of me.
Posted Report
CloudMistDragon
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Artist -

Misty Shadow
@Ring Team
As much as I weary of the constant ignoring of G4’s flaws with character writing now, the FiM team did nothing wrong with trying to make Pinkie as funny as they could. The vast majority of the show is fantasy comedy, not serious adventure, thus it makes sense for them to do as much wacky stuff with her goofy personality as possible. Her over-the-top schtick, like Izzy’s, was done in the name of comedy. On that note, it also makes sense for Izzy to act more like a cartoon character in Tell Your Tale because it’s primarily comedy and deviates from the strict story-driven format of MYM and the first IDW G5 comic arc.
Ring Team
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

@CloudMistDragon
I don’t think so. Just because your character is a cartoon character doesn’t mean she has to be as loud as possible. Even TV Tropes pointed that out.
[…] Pinkie was also originally written as a bit of a Cloudcuckoolander, often being airheaded and non-serious, but as the series progressed, these traits became more and more exaggerated, to the point where episodes often had her screeching at the top of her lungs and being completely wild and outrageous for no reason other than comic relief. Furthermore, episodes would occasionally bring the story to a complete halt, just to let Pinkie make a joke. This was most prominent in episodes that did not directly involve her in the story, such as “Filli Vanilli”.
Pinkie’s shenanigans were so constant that many episodes were written as excuses for her to go as insane as possible, like Simple Ways, Party Pooped, Yakity-Sax and Too Many Pinkie Pies among others. I like it more when it’s a very rare occasion, like The Last Roundup. It was a very annoying trend.
Posted Report
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

Music Connoisseur
@pinkdoesstuff
It wasn’t an intentional rudeness, but it does give off the sense that Hasbro is using lowest common denominator humor to appeal to children at the expense at any adults who do enjoy G5. I guess I can say that it’s an acquired taste and that it pales in comparison to its predecessor.
@CloudMistDragon
There is a thing known as “execution”, and what someone finds funny someone else doesn’t.
Posted Report
TheQuietMan
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

House of the Arcana
@Mr.Myoozik
Sadly, no one, me included can just leave it like that. We all just have to say something even knowing it won’t sway the others to your opinion because that’s just it. We’re different. And I don’t think we’re even near 60% of fully accepting that.
Posted Report
Mr.Myoozik
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Music Connoisseur
@Phoenixflambe
I mean it isn’t about swaying others, just more see where you’re coming from and getting them to see a different perspective while not changing anything. I agree that the humor in TYT is very hit or miss and that it is written differently than MYM to be a lot sillier, but I also get the argument on how the characters have their worst traits exaggerated in order to tell a joke, i.e., Izzy.
Posted Report
DerpyFast
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.

I’d say it’s a tone thing. In G4, the tone varied wildly. You’d have episodes like Fall Weather Friends or Swarm of the Century, which were really cartoony, and then you’d have more grounded episodes. In the same season, you had an episode where Rainbow crashed into a barn and it created a mushroom cloud, and an episode where she crashed and broke her wing.
TYT seems to have a more cartoonish and lighthearted tone. MYM seems to be mostly grounded. The Comics have a heavier tone, with The Mane Five bickering and getting legitimately stressed out from the situation. Izzy is a bit of an odd character, so tone is going to have the biggest effect on how she’s written.
I don’t think the events of TYT are meant to carry much weight or be taken completely at face value, so Izzy gets to be sillier, but still have moments of insight. In MYM, Izzy is still weird and eccentric, but more grounded. She has a job and looks after Sparky. In The Comics, characters react more realistically to Izzy’s weirdness, so we get to see a more insecure, lonely side of her. Given how wildly the tone could vary between episodes of G4, I like that each series seems to have its own internally consistent tone.
Posted Report
Mikey
Sky Spark - For Patreon supporters
Pone of Astronomy - For Patreon supporters
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Artist -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.

Pone of Astronomy
@pinkdoesstuff
I agree. That is my issue with G5 in general. It just feels like it’s treating the audience with little respect, it isn’t as bad as G3 was but still.
Posted Report
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
G5 is fine. But it is something I probably wouldn’t still be keeping up on if 10 years of pony hadn’t already deeply ingrained into me too much fan inertia.
My soul is too far gone. There is no recovering. Tell my loved ones I think they’re okay.
Posted Report
Mr.Myoozik

Music Connoisseur
@Background Pony #93D8
I have a feeling that even if Faust would’ve been on board, the characters would’ve been flanderized to hell and back. It is usually what happens when you’ve run out of all the ideas you could use for a character.
Posted Report
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ponies Online! - April 13-14

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide