Unpopular opinion time

Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Music Connoisseur
@CloudMistDragon
They pretty much are seeing that they are trying all kinds of humor from slapstick to grossout to cringe to puns and such, looks like they’re trying to reach all kinds of the humor spectrum. It’s like I said, what one person finds funny someone else doesn’t like say I can find Posey being the show’s chew toy to be funny where someone else finds it cruel or someone else can find Sparky’s farts funny while I don’t.
Posted Report
Background Pony #93D8
@Mr.Myoozik
Faust would’ve given more ideas if she had creative freedom.
But i see your point, There’s only so much she could do.
Posted Report
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Music Connoisseur
@Background Pony #93D8
Seeing that Hasbro did give the showrunners some creative freedom, I think they would’ve done the same to Lauren had she stayed, but I think that’s not my area of expertise so I can’t say for sure.
Posted Report
CloudMistDragon
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Artist -

Misty Shadow
@Spinny
No, it’s not an excuse for terrible characterization and flanderization. What I mean is that it isn’t terrible characterization and flanderization at all. Pinkie and Izzy (more so in TYT) are both happy-go-lucky marechildren and not the most sensible or understanding of how their behavior might impact others or be perceived by others as obnoxious, that’s the character archetype for both of them. Over-the-top cartoonish schtick is their schtick. Writing it in a show that is a mostly not serious fantasy comedy, something that always allows for far more liberties to be over-the-top with humor than a full-on serious adventure show, makes sense.
Posted Report
DerpyFast
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.

I think right from the pre-production phase, the show was only supposed to go for one season. Then Return of Harmony was supposed to be “The Movie”/The Reunion, since they’re part of the same production batch. If you want to make a long-running show, you need to prep for multiple seasons worth of character development from the beginning. The show simply wasn’t built from the ground up to be a long-running series, but they were forced to try and make it one.
The smoking gun is that Rainbow Dash’s goal of becoming a Wonderbolt isn’t mentioned a single time in Season 2, and no clear steps on how she was supposed to accomplish that goal were ever laid out. This is the core motivation of a main character we’re talking about.
@Dustcan
That’s basically me. G5 exists in this extremely specific intersection:
  • Things I wish the horse cartoon for children had done differently, and
  • things only I pick up on/care about because I’m the kind of person who buys a screenwriting book
Posted Report
WaynePonePone
Fluttershy - For supporting the site
Fluttershy - For supporting the site
Happy Derpy! - For site supporters
Gold Supporter - Gold Supporter
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab

Flutters Hitchy Glimglam
Why do people keep talking about shows “disrespecting” and “talking down to” them as if they’re not literally just television programs designed to sell profit?
Posted Report
CloudMistDragon
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Artist -

Misty Shadow
@Just Wayne
I know, I’m getting tired of this “WON’T SOMEONE THINK OF THE CHILDREN BEING PANDERED AND TALKED DOWN TO” silliness. You =/= the children. You also =/= the people looking at what’s appealing to kids on the market. I have never once had a kid complain to me about phones existing in a kids show just because a previous incarnation of the show didn’t have phones.
@DerpyFast
The letters to Celestia were done as a way to comply with a silly rule at the time, but the show definitely tended to lack subtlety with its morals.
Posted Report
Mikey
Sky Spark - For Patreon supporters
Pone of Astronomy - For Patreon supporters
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Artist -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.

Ayriana
@CloudMistDragon
It’s not the phones, it’s the whole “putting every modern thing in to appeal to the target audience and not really having any good reason for having them.” Like facebook, tiktok, instagram…
You also =/= the people looking at what’s appealing to kids on the market
Look man, I was just hoping for something that at least tries to tell some good stories while teaching lessons and tackling hard issues. Y’know, like Bluey does.
Posted Report
DerpyFast
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.

it’s the whole “putting every modern thing in to appeal to the target audience and not really having any good reason for having them.” Like facebook, tiktok, instagram…
it’s more that it feels like it’s focusing on the “How do you do fellow kids”.
Those are all things that have been around since before the “fellow kids” were born, though. The first iPhone came out not last decade, but the decade before that. Facebook launched in 2004. YouTube launched in 2005. Instagram launched in 2010. TikTok launched in 2016.
I’m 31, and the launch of YouTube was closer to the day I was born than to present day.
Hell, if you really want to get into it, “My Bananas” could be Classical era to early Rage era:
CloudMistDragon
Artist -

Misty Shadow
@Mikey
“No good reason for having them”
You know that the modern technology actually plays a part in the world and the story, right? A big part of Pipp’s character arc would not work if she didn’t have an audience on social media that she honestly cares about and wants to make quality products for. Comments like this legitimately make me wonder how much of G5 the critics here have actually watched compared to how much they’re going off of from what other people have told them.
Posted Report
Mikey
Sky Spark - For Patreon supporters
Pone of Astronomy - For Patreon supporters
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Artist -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.

Ayriana
@CloudMistDragon
I have watched every single episode of MYM, and the movie.
I don’t like the idea of an “influencer” pony and it just makes Pipp feel one-dimensional because that’s basically the full basis of her character.
A big part of Pipp’s character arc would not work if she didn’t have an audience on social media that she honestly cares about and wants to make quality products for.
That is the problem. That’s all she is.
Posted Report
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide