Unpopular opinion time

CloudMistDragon
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Artist -

Misty Shadow
@Mikey
That is not all she is, I don’t know a single fan of hers who’d agree with that statement. We also get to see more insight into her character through the moments she has with Zipp and through the MLP podcast, which gives characters from the show more background. Every single person I’ve talked to about Pipp agrees she got far more development after the movie (some even think that was overcompensated for with how many TYT episodes she got focused around her), and even in the movie, she was a different character at the end of the movie than she was at the start.
Posted Report
CloudMistDragon
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Artist -

Misty Shadow
@Mikey
I get why some people would perceive that, not liking how there’s not that much spotlight for Sunny despite being a main protagonist and liking “serious sheriff” Hitch more than “dragon dad” Hitch. However, I still think Sunny made progress as a character in the context of how she had to accept a brutal truth about the way she was perceived as an alicorn in order to be true to herself and still understand that she didn’t have it harder than Hitch despite her status. As for Hitch, having to take care of a kid is tough, so what some like to perceive as a demotion for him is actually more incentive for his character to become even more mature, responsible, and of course, serious. I mean…you see how seriously he takes finding Sparky when he goes missing. And “serious sheriff” Hitch is still there, as shown in TYT’s Valentine’s Day episode from not too long ago.
Still would be great to have more Sunny and Hitch episodes though.
Ring Team
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

I’ve watched a recent video of Jerma where he asked if a Dark Souls game would work as a subscription model where you pay 15 dollars per month to get what you want. Then he read a beautiful comment: “Art is finite, and it should be in this world. If you don’t let a game like this be finite, you maybe are going down to the road where it just ruins everything”.
Two weeks ago I said that MLP:FiM has too many episodes. Because of this long approach we got:
-Filler episodes
-Episodes with no consistent continuity order (like Just for Sidekicks being aired before Games Ponies Play)
-Episodes where a character is heavily flanderized
-Episodes where the actions of a character conflict with the motivations of that character
-Episodes where the motivations of a character don’t fit with the overall character (Newbie Dash and Gift of the Maud Pie)
-Unnecessary returns of some characters (a huge chunk of seasons 6 and 7)
-Underwhelming character backstories, let alone rushed (Cutie Re-Mark)
-Important characters that were heavily ignored for several years until it was too late to develop them
When MLP A New Genertion was released, I’ve read someone saying that “Friendship is Magic should last forever”, even after Friendship is Magic ended. But it’s fine that it ended. I didn’t want the show to receive the Naruto treatment. I mean, look at Dragon Ball. How many times is Goku gonna fight against Vegeta or Piccolo? How many fights longer than several episodes are we gonna get? How many new Saiyan level transformations are we gonna see?
Imagine if Gravity Falls lasted as long as Dragon Ball. Imagine if Steven Universe got as many episodes as Naruto. I think the experience would eventually be exhausting. It’s one of the reasons why I don’t watch Dragon Ball and why I don’t play Genshin Impact.
Kiryu-Chan
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

World's Okayest User
-Filler episodes
So 90% of the episodes?
-Episodes with no consistent continuity order (like Just for Sidekicks being aired before Games Ponies Play)
This was done deliberately because both episodes happened the same time. It was a really neat idea that I wish the show did more than twice
How many times is Goku gonna fight against Vegeta or Piccolo?
Goku only fought Piccolo once and Vegeta twice
How many fights longer than several episodes are we gonna get?
Filler because the manga was still ongoing when the anime was airing. Kai exists now and when all the filler was cut down the show was roughy 167 episodes. Just a little over half of the original show’s episode count
It’s one of the reasons why I don’t watch Dragon Ball
Then don’t criticize it because you’re clearly just making assumptions
and why I don’t play Genshin Impact
Where the hell did Genshin Impact come from
-———————————————————————
I’m not saying the show didn’t have its problems because it did. I’ve always said the show lasted longer than it should’ve, and by the second half it was starting to become evident some of the staff were checked out. But some of these complaints are bizarre
Posted Report
Mildgyth
Best Pink Pony - For being the first person to reach 50k uploads, managing the site's featured images, and countless other contributions to the site.
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab

Senior Moderator
Humata, Hukhta, Hvarshta
-Filler episodes
Filler is not necessarily bad.
The show has never abided to strict continuity in regards to airing order, though:
When MLP A New Genertion was released, I’ve read someone saying that “Friendship is Magic should last forever”, even after Friendship is Magic ended. But it’s fine that it ended. I didn’t want the show to receive the Naruto treatment. I mean, look at Dragon Ball. How many times is Goku gonna fight against Vegeta or Piccolo? How many fights longer than several episodes are we gonna get? How many new Saiyan level transformations are we gonna see?
Imagine if Gravity Falls lasted as long as Dragon Ball. Imagine if Steven Universe got as many episodes as Naruto. I think the experience would eventually be exhausting. It’s one of the reasons why I don’t watch Dragon Ball and why I don’t play Genshin Impact.
I’m still of the opinion that we should have gotten just one more season to finish dealing with the loose ends (mainly, the Students) and no further.
And moreover, i suspect that if it had ended too soon, this place would probably be much emptier - I know i didn’t actually start watching the show as it aired until Season 5.
Posted Report
Ring Team
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

@Mildgyth
…Maybe?
I didn’t have that continuity problem in the first season because the narrative approach was more straightfoward: Twilight and her new friends learning about friendship. There was only one villain and she was defeated in the second episode.
And about dealing with the Student 6… what else can we do with them? They were not interesting or creative enough. The pink griffon was annoying, the blue griffon was a jerk, the yellow pony was boring, the reformed changeling was boring. The only two students that were good enough or okay were the orange dragon and the buffalo. With the exception of one or two episodes, they took so much space in the show with shallow lazy stories.
The seasons 8 and 9 were ok all things considered, but if there’s one criticism that I’m on board was the inclusion of these students. To me, Friendship is Magic was about Twilight, her friends and the Cutie Mark Crusaders. Changing this approach and repeating the same formula with other characters makes it repetitive.
Megalobronia
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).

Nintendo Nerd
It’s one thing to complain. It’s another to complain about something that was never intended. As others before me have said, the show was never intended to have consistent continuity or an overarching story.
MLP is not one of those shows intended to focus on a single character’s development or (more importantly) be taken seriously. It’s meant to be fun little cartoon involving cute ponies and comical (for the most part; sometimes there’s drama) shenanigans.
Also, other shows (like SpongeBob or Gumball) don’t have consistent continuity either; why single MLP out?
CloudMistDragon
Artist -

Misty Shadow
@Megalobronia
This is very much true. I only get annoyed when G4 fans like to ignore these facts and pretend that FiM was some fantastic model for epic character writing, adventure storytelling, and world-building like Avatar: The Last Airbender. Because it wasn’t. It was a fantasy comedy made to make kids laugh and indulge in a fun, lighthearted fantasy. We shouldn’t be judging or praising it like it was trying to be something else.
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Music Connoisseur
I don’t know if applying a quote from an Internet funny man who makes himself look like a fool to MLP FIM’s writing is a good way to make a point, especially if the quote is directed towards Dark Souls, a video game that’s like four galaxies far apart from My Little Pony.
Posted Report
Roseluck
Roseluck - For supporting the site

So in the interest of positive unpopular opinions…
I love Radiant Hope.
For the amazing reason of “I just do.”
(though her cute design probably helps)
Posted Report
Mikey
Sky Spark - For Patreon supporters
Pone of Astronomy - For Patreon supporters
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Artist -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.

Ayriana
@CloudMistDragon
I think it’s because of how she was portrayed, as like a literal mary sue on top of being Sombra’s lackey and just being obsessed with him. I didn’t read the comics, just what I heard.
Posted Report
Lord WyrmSpawN
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Thread Starter - MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Lingering Wyvern
@Mikey
Being the entire reason her plot happened, somehow able to rope major and minor villains into her scheme and being the lynchpin that holds Sombra’s almost interesting but ultimately pointless comic backstory together.
It’s vague, but I also remember her being constantly portrayed as this ultimately good figure in spite of her actions, although this might have just been her reception in part of the fandom, which they kind of have a habit of doing.
Posted Report
Roseluck
Roseluck - For supporting the site

Yeah, Mikey and Lord WyrmSpawN summed it up. There was also her writer considering her better than Twilight because she actually had to deal with a friend being evil, from what I read on these forums. Can’t imagine that helped Radiant Hope’s reception.
I do love her ‘telling Fate and Destiny where to shove it’ mindset though.
Either way, shame that the one important crystal pony we ever had only showed up in a comic. Unless Sombra counts as a crystal pony.
@Mr.Myoozik
Yeah. She’s probably one of the very few people who could have gotten through Fluttershy’s crippling social anxiety at the start of the show.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide