Unpopular opinion time

Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Music Connoisseur
@Roseluck
It’s too bad that she was introduced later on and we didn’t see a lot of her, she would’ve been a great ally to Fluttershy and even provide some good banter to Discord.
That and I find her attractive as well
Posted Report
DerpyFast
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.

I think Pipp is kind of underrated.
She’s a bit naïve and sheltered, and she sometimes doesn’t grasp the gravity of a situation, but she’s not vapid or shallow. “Princess for a Day” shows that she has a very vibrant way of describing the world. She’s thing larger-than-life icon, but she’s very informal and not full of herself. She presents herself as friendly and approachable.
When you really take a step back, she’s not a self-centered pony. Whether it’s sharing something she’s discovered, entertaining her fans, or helping her friends, it’s generally less about her, and more about what she can do for others. However, another one of her flaws is that she struggles with the idea that what she has to offer isn’t always right for the situation.
Posted Report
Amphibian Swamp

G1 is nice. Yeah, there’s a lot of ups and downs. But I still think it’s good. It’s a big piece of history, and the first MLP I have ever watched
G3 is well… sure, it’s cheesy. But it has a few cute moments her and there
Minty from G3 doesn’t interest me much. Her colours are cute, but I don’t really care for her as much as everyone else
Spike is the cutest dragon in the whole franchise
The CMC are cute characters who has their moments. But, I am just not interested in them as much as before
Trixie is the only magician, so far, I think? That interests me or I like
I prefer MYM Jazz’s colours over Jazz from TYT’s universe
Pipp is not that bad… I personally kinda like her, sure she’s got flaws and such. But a lot of characters do. I love her design and I love music like she does. Sure, some of her songs are kinda bland. But she has been a big part of some of my favourites. Like “Where’d it go?” And “Portrait Day”
The lyrics of “All You Need Is Your Beat” may be bland. But it sounds really good. I ride the instrumental at the start. It sounds like a epic song is about to start
“Everything is gonna be okay” Is pretty much a basic pop song but… I think it’s kinda cute. Could have gone without the auto tune, but it’s not the worst song
Winter Wishday’s songs were pretty great!
I think MYM has better songs that TYT. Sure, TYT has good ones like “Let Out Your Light” but yeah… I oddly prefer MYM’s
Zipp is an idiot some times. But I still adore her
CloudMistDragon
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Artist -

Misty Shadow
@DerpyFast
I actually think that Pipp is generally regarded as a good character, at least among people who are willing to not just judge her by the stigma she’s been given as “the social media pony”. I judged her as that initially too, but the more growth they gave her, the more I liked her.
Posted Report
WaynePonePone
Fluttershy - For supporting the site
Happy Derpy! - For site supporters
Gold Supporter - Gold Supporter
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab

Flutters Hitchy Glimglam
@DerpyFast
This is an unpopular opinion? I thought Pipp is a lot more popular than before now, and people actually like to make fun of her shortness than being angry at her social media stuff.
Posted Report
Roseluck
Roseluck - For supporting the site

And here I am, listening to Aviators’ Diamond Dogs remix for the past month…
So Starlight’s ‘tragic past’ is what it is, but I like that it’s not just a sob story. It also explains her goals and, especially, her methods as a villain.
She lost a friend and so makes sure she won’t lose any other (for a generous definition of “friend”). Cutie marks are the problem so that’s what she removes. She lost Sunburst because of something outside her control, so she seeks to control everything.
Cult-leading and brainwashing are on her (though also the means to the ‘control everything’ ends), but I like that her sob story explains something instead of just being there to… do whatever the writers thought they accomplished all those times.
Posted Report
Ring Team
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

@Roseluck
So she started to manipulate everyone just because her friends moved away.
Josh Haber saw the scene of Toy Story when Andy moved away and he was like “of course, manipulation!”
Posted Report
Ring Team
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

I still think her reasons to be evil were too irrational to empathize with her, especially if they’re gonna give her an entire private room in a castle with all kinds of privileges.
Posted Report
AC97
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

@Roseluck
The biggest issue is that it could’ve used a bit more meat to it, but yeah, agreed. It was good to see it outright said by her that there was no excuse.
Sunset though had nothing beyond simply wanting more implied on her part, entitlement, like her or not, and she was a pretty awful villain in terms of competence.
@Kiryu-Chan
Those “Diamond Dogs” were absolutely terrible in every respect. Not only was it going towards that conceptually… highly questionable storyline (introducing over 15 new characters with less depth than a puddle by rehashing the series premiere premise with little variation repeatedly), as opposed to doing something with preestablished characters, like however the CMC got their stained glass, or the Students, but their names are so horrendously extravagant I can’t be bothered to remember them within five minutes of me seeing them, not to mention them having nothing in common with the usual Diamond Dogs.
Everything about “S10” was messy.
@Megalobronia
If we played a drinking game with that word…
Amphibian Swamp

Sunny does not need to wear her sack all the time. Pipp, Hitch and Izzy wearing their accessories all the time makes sense. (Well, minus the fact that Pipp sleeps with her tiara on) But- there has been times where Sunny had her sack even when she didn’t need it. Like, I doubt anyone takes their handbag or whatever with them if they’re just going downstairs or something.
Posted Report
Background Pony #CEB7
I think if we’d gotten that Starlight’s control freak tendencies start out small after Sunburst moved away and grew and grew until she became a cult leader, then that could have made more sense. Instead, all we got “she was upset her friend moved away” and then jumped to “started a cult” with no in-between. Now tbf, her progression to leading a cult and brainwashing could very well have been like that, but I don’t think it was ever implied to be like that.
The only parts about “S10” I liked were Scootaloo’s story and CheesePie. I pretty much ignore everything else.
Posted Report
Amphibian Swamp

Really unpopular opinion but I don’t care about what others think
TYT is non-canon to MYM and MYM is non-canon to TYT. They are both different universes, so anything that happened in TYT never happened in MYM
Posted Report
WaynePonePone
Happy Derpy! - For site supporters
Gold Supporter - Gold Supporter
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab

Flutters Hitchy Glimglam
I said it before on a different thread and I’ll say it again. Starlight has the best motivation out of any villain in MLP. If you think about it, many villains all have a very simple motivation of “take over the world” or “all the power in the world”, but Starlight is the one villain that has something other than that. She actually wants something different, has point to prove, and feels a little more complictaed than the other villains. She doesn’t just want to artificially take control of the whole world instead she psychologically wants to take control of her own life. A Cutie Mark took the most important thing in her life away so in her mind taking away all Cutie Mark would balance her life around. No one ever likes to lose control of their life and would do a lot to regain that control. A sort of routine going out of whack in one’s life is really scary. Starlight probably thought surrounding herself with Cutie Mark-less ponies would make her feel safe from the loss she experienced. She also wants to prove that way of living is what’s just. She has a motivation. She has an idea what she wants, and it’s not just the generic “taking over the world”. She doesn’t just go evil for the sake of going evil. There is something deeper there. Tempest is kind of like that too.
This is also why after her reformation she truly changed. She finally has time and a chance to recollect herself and think about all her initial thoughts before. She decided to calm down and change how she perceives life. A lot of things she does kind of have psychological reasons behind them.
Posted Report
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide