Unpopular opinion time

DerpyFast
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.

@Just Wayne
Starlight’s also a great villain because she takes the villain conventions of G4 and flips them on their head. Where other villains are antagonistic, she’s more agreeable. Most of the villains are more powerful than The Mane Six, and have to be defeated by the power of friendship. Starlight was less powerful that Twilight, but gained the upper hand by undermining Twilight’s strengths.
Posted Report
WaynePonePone
Fluttershy - For supporting the site
Happy Derpy! - For site supporters
Gold Supporter - Gold Supporter
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab

Flutters Hitchy Glimglam
@DerpyFast
Indeed, Starlight always knows she can’t beat the Mane Six or even Twilight alone, so she knows when to bail. She also learned to put Twilight in a difficult situation where winning against her is practically impossible so Twilight could only compromise. In terms of wits and intellect though, I would put Cozy Glow as another villain that flips things around. She is less powerful than Starlight being both a literal child and a simple pegasus, but she used her schemes and faux innocence to achieve something even the more powerful villains couldn’t. Starlight does predate her but both of them are really awesome villains who never needed to “cheat” to win.
Posted Report
Background Pony #CEB7
Except TYT does explain how Zipp got her cyber headgear (whatever you call them), everyone moving into the lighthouse, and Izzy building the prismbeam lamp. Although it also has stuff that contradicts MYM too.
Posted Report
Roseluck
Roseluck - For supporting the site

@Vivace
I agree with GenericArchangel. One of the things I love about Starlight is that she’s a mess trying to become a good person from a very low start. Unlike Sunset, who just U-turned into a pure-hearted can-do-no wrong waifu overnight.
Yeah, a lot of my love for Starlight also comes from “unlike this guy…”
Speaking of which, I also agree with DerpyFast and Just Wayne. After so many villains who, let’s face it, are about as ‘badass’ as adults manhandling toddlers with how overpowered they were, I love that Starlight’s the one gal who actually punched above her weight.
Posted Report
Vivace
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Artist -

“ShimSham my GlimGlams”
@Ring Team
Yes. Next!
@Roseluck
She certainly inspires a wider range of emotions from people than the fandom darling. And I enjoy that not only was she one of the few antagonists beaten with friendship as we know it, without use of the Elements of Harmony while they were still intact- some might say that was when Twilight really earned being a Princess of Friendship, but Starlight was the only one to surrender right when victory was within hoof’s reach.
And look at the relationships she forms after she goes good. Her main circle of lasting friends is made of peripheral characters while Sunset’s arguably only true friends are the HuMane 6 & Princess Twilight. I say that & “lasting” because while Sunset does befriend minor characters, once each episode featuring one or some of those interactions ends, those bonds become wholly irrelevant for the remainder of EQG. Maybe that’s a natural limitation of a series made of only shorts and movies, but maybe that can still feed the “unlike this guy” attitude you mentioned.
@Megalobronia
C’est la vie.
Posted Report
DerpyFast
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.

The only thing I don’t like about Starlight is the incompleteness of her backstory, and the tone whiplash in the last five minutes of “The Cutie Re-Mark”. By destroying the scroll, Starlight sacrificed everything she had worked for. On paper the message that “life will welcome you back” is a good one.
I can sit here and logically explain this, but it still feels like Starlight nearly destroyed the universe because her childhood friend moved away, and then wasn’t punished for it.
The episode should have ended with Starlight’s fate being a lot more uncertain. I’d say they should have held off on her backstory until later. The pile of unopened letters from “The Parent Map” should have been included in the Season 6 premier.
Posted Report
CORDZ2000
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).

Draconequues Lover zcord
Honestly it’s been so many years I can’t imagine having hate for any character that long to keep talking about them lol
Posted Report
CORDZ2000
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).

Draconequues Lover zcord
Honestly it’s been so many years I can’t imagine having hate for any character that long to keep talking about them lol
Edit: in I’m not really even talking about starlight just in general
Posted Report
Amphibian Swamp
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Trixie is relatable
Sunburst is a loveable dork. I like his voice and pallet
I don’t really care for some BG characters like Derpy, Lyra and all that, like others do. Some of their voices and colour pallets are nice to look at. I don’t hate all of them, just feel okay with them
Misty is cute but… she doesn’t interest me. I dunno why, I just don’t really have much of an interest in her. Despite one or two of her lines being close to relatable
I never liked Rufus, even at the start
Okay. Jazz’s colour scheme in MYM is pretty. Not a huge fan of too much teal/turquoise, but it really works for her
Posted Report
Spinny
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~

Resident Spin Fetishist
Starlight was a great villian only initially, though. I still maintain that she put the mane six through a torture that no other villain had ever inflicted upon them.
Posted Report
Ring Team
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

@Spinny
As someone who tortured the Mane 6 and hundreds of ponies, it’s a bit silly how everyone accepted her apologies and she shifted her mind in the blink of an eye.
Posted Report
Ring Team
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

Unlike Sunset, who just U-turned into a pure-hearted can-do-no wrong waifu overnight.
I’m not a fan of Rainbow Rocks, but one thing the film did very well was adressing some awareness of the previous actions Sunset did in the first movie. Nobody liked Sunset because of her actions, to the point where they give bad looks at her.
There’s a cause and effect of Sunset’s actions, it’s not like they’re unaware of her actions. And that led to a character who, apart from dealing with all this, wanted to do the right thing. And guess what happened after trying to get better at the end of the film.

Everyone overtime started to respect her because, again, cause and effect.
So this “turned into a waifu overnight” argument is objectively false. It’s not a matter of opinion, it’s just not true. Statements like this come from a place of ignorance, and I’m not afraid to call it like it is.
Posted Report
Vivace
Artist -

“ShimSham my GlimGlams”
@Ring Team
Roseluck means to the viewer, who, unlike the characters, knows for sure that she is genuinely the pure soul she wants others to see her as. So no, that statement isn’t from a place of ignorance; yours, predictably, is from a place of misunderstanding/misreading.
WaynePonePone
Happy Derpy! - For site supporters
Gold Supporter - Gold Supporter
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab

Flutters Hitchy Glimglam
@Ring Team
Indeed, it is silly a villain did villain things and then they suddenly regretted what they did in a blink of an eye.
That has
large
never
large
happened
large
before
large
in MLP history
large
Posted Report
Amphibian Swamp
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

The “Pipp is short” meme doesn’t really interest me. Sure some fanart May be cute sometimes, and maybe a small reference occasionally can be cute depending when it’s used. I don’t really see anything funny, about it specifically I just think it’s small cute detail that I didn’t really take much notice in. In fact, when G5 first came out, I didn’t even know she was shorter that the rest of the main cast until it was pointed out more than once
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide