Unpopular opinion time

Don't
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Thread Starter - One Piece Thread

Get up and Jump
I think background characters should have stayed open books for Fans to write on, giving them canon characters ruined them
LightningBolt
Umbrella - For Patreon supporters
Lightning Dee - Derpi Supporter
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Hero - Went above and beyond in the name of Lunar freedom, they will be remembered in legends and folklore as paragons of heroism for generations (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Chaotic Little Trees - 1000+ images under their artist tag
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Senior Moderator
Undead inside
@Don’t  
People collectively ignored all canon they were given anyway, it’s almost impressive. They begged for years to get some, they got some, ignored it.
LightningBolt
Umbrella - For Patreon supporters
Lightning Dee - Derpi Supporter
Lunar Hero - Went above and beyond in the name of Lunar freedom, they will be remembered in legends and folklore as paragons of heroism for generations (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Chaotic Little Trees - 1000+ images under their artist tag

Senior Moderator
Undead inside
@Don’t  
And she barely even has a fandom personality beyond being ‘sick of lyra’s shit’ and ‘lyra’s partner’. She is nothing without Lyra, and that’s why I don’t care about Lyrabon, it’s so samey, one-note, and smothering. The two ponies can’t be anything without the other in fanon. A couple without the two participants being their own individuals isn’t a couple. It’s also (one reason) why I also hate Sugarmac. If your personality is ‘being X’s partner’ you have no personality.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
I’m still amused at how Lyra was the weird one in fanon.

Then show canon made Bon Bon the weird one.

Then book canon went and made Lyra the weird…er one again.
AC97
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

I’d rather explore Twilight’s other classmates than Lyra. Bon Bon is rather rude from what we’ve seen as far as background portrayals that change voices all the time, so she isn’t really likable.
Sadrai

I said I prefer Snips and Snails over Lyra and Bon Bon last page and I stand by that also the guy I mentioned on deviant art saying how Lyra and Bon Bon are more important and have more personality than Snips and Snails is in my opinion wrong because how many episodes have Lyra and Bon Bon talked in, or had a supporting role etc vs Snips and Snails? I’m not saying Snips and Snails are the most important characters but I’m saying acting like Lyra and Bon Bon are bigger characters than they are is wrong. (By big I mean in the show canon not fanon)
Dex Stewart
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Ecto-Phase,Activate!
@Sadrai  
Strictly show-wise,yeah Snips and Snails are better. Looking into the fan content or even official comics and books though,I’d say they’ve done more with Lyra and Bon Bon. Snips and Snails deserve more love.
Algebroot Neogears
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~

Sci-fi & Dragons
I don’t like how Scootaloo being a poor singer is barely explained to the viewers throughout the entire show, despite the large amount of songs the Cutie Mark Crusaders sing together.

Was there any episode other than The Show Stoppers that implies Scootaloo is a terrible singer? There were plenty of times where I forgot that one detail when watching later episodes.
Wiimeiser
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag

(Foil Hat)
@Algebroot Neogears  
I don’t know. Though evidence seems to suggest The Show Stoppers is largely non-canon, as in, the CMC don’t have that exact skillset depicted in the episode (Other than Sweetie Belle being a talented singer. Most notably is Apple Bloom’s dancing…)
Brass Beau

Howdy from Shimmer Pope
@Algebroot Neogears  
I think most of their songs are meant to be non-diegetic. If the were Scootaloo was singing backup vocals. Some people harmonize better than they lead.

@Dex Stewart  
It’s been a while since I’ve read the comics but I don’t recall any major plot points with Lyra and Bon Bon.

@Sadrai  
Oh boy. Sounds like you ran into one of those fans.

@LightningBolt  
I remember Sugar Belle having plenty of personality (for a bit character) when she was introduced. I hope I’m not remembering the episode wrong.

Quick question: did the “Octavia and Vynal are some type of siblings” theory ever gain any traction?
Twiface
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Princess of Shitposting
And she barely even has a fandom personality beyond being ‘sick of lyra’s shit’ and ‘lyra’s partner’. She is nothing without Lyra, and that’s why I don’t care about Lyrabon, it’s so samey, one-note, and smothering. The two ponies can’t be anything without the other in fanon.

I wholeheartedly agree with this. The ship has taken over these characters to the point where it’s preventing them from growing or changing. What hobbies and interests do they have (aside from Lyra’s human obsession)? Who else are they friends with? No one cares, because the ship is all that most people seem to care about. Despite having only one notable character trait, I still find the G1 Bon Bon more interesting than the G4 Bon Bon simply because she has seven friends she hangs out with instead of one.

I’ve grown to strongly dislike Lyrabon simply because the fandom insists on constantly shipping them to the point that no other ships are even considered. If two characters sitting or standing next to each other is a sufficient enough basis to ship them, then Lyraworthy deserves to be a thing, too. The only other Lyra ship that people will accept is with Anon, the pervert who will sleep with any mare who gives him the time of day. And if you point this out, then people will insist, “But it’s canon!” First, it’s only “canon” because the writers included it to pander to the militant shippers, and second, since when does this fandom care about canonicity when it comes to shipping? The canonically happily married Cadance and Shining are depicted cheating as often as they’re depicted together, every sibling-sibling or parent-child relationship is sexualized, and people still ship Big Mac with Fluttershy, Cheerilee, and Marble Pie even though all those ships were sunk years ago. But with Lyra & Bon Bon, you can’t even have a picture of Bon Bon playing with a seal without a bunch of people in the comments asking why she isn’t hanging out with Lyra or trying to frame the scene in the context of their ‘relationship.’
Sadrai

@Brass Beau  
What do you mean by those fans?  
Also to answer your other question the only thing that I think gives that theory traction is the hundred episode with them living together.
Brass Beau

Howdy from Shimmer Pope
@Sadrai  
About 12 minutes in. A pretty good description will be forthcoming.

Also

Time to rewatch the show again and note all the times Vynal and Octavia show up.
Sadrai

@Brass Beau  
Wow that explains it so well about how fans own interpretations of characters cloud there thought of what’s canon.  
And I know Vynal shows up a lot in the show as a dj usually.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide