Unpopular opinion time

Latecomer

@Myoozik  
They both sort of have half of a proper redemption - Sunset gets a magic personality fix but has to live with the resentment of those she hurt (for one movie), while Starlight gets blanket forgiveness from her victims but has to struggle with the flaws that drove her to villany in the first place.
Latecomer

@AC97  
They play different roles, anyway - Sunset is the main protagonist of her series (after it splits off) while Starlight isn’t.

And it could be that Twilight, at least at that point, was just not very sympathetic to “villains”. Although it could be that knowing Sunset changed that a bit…
Brass Beau

Howdy from Shimmer Pope
@AC97  
To (mis)quote DWK “Twilight understands the importance of a good bitch slap.” Sunset needed some cold reality before applying some warm compassion.

As for comparing the two: I understand the “logic” behind it, but I disagree. I think I’ve stated it somewhere before, but Sunset and Starlight contrast Twilight in different ways. The only similarities the have are being power unicorn villains that were reformed.

And to round out my opinion on these discussions, I saw Rainbow Rocks before I saw the first movie. It stands on it’s own and really drives home just how terrible and for how long Sunset used to be. The writing was strong enough that you didn’t really need to see the first one to understand the character and how important her arc was.
DoctorWTF
Non-Fungible Trixie -

I thought the comics were better than the show.

I don’t think I’d go that far (though I’m still way behind on reading them), but the mission to Zecora’s homeland in the “Season 10” comics looks more interesting than anything we’d likely have gotten out of an actual season 10.

If they can take full advantage of the fact that they’re no longer bound to the show’s status quo, I might not miss the show all that much.
Latecomer

I never cared much about the comics. On the other hand, I found most of the books strong in concept, if not generally so much in execution.
Kiryu-Chan
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

World's Okayest User
Comics are very hit or miss, though I think they tend to be much better when they aren’t trying to be this big and epic lore dump and focusing on small stories
DarkObsidian
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Economist -

Smiling Panzerfuchs 2.0
Well, thanks to the help of Mellow Rhythm and the positive feedback of Communist Starlight I published my first English fanfiction right now. And you can maybe imagine how much problems this causes me, because I am German and therefore not an English native speaker. But you’ve all given me a reason for even attempting something like this.

And of course I am aware that not everyone will like this story. It’s also only the first chapter, but I have already finished the story, at least in German. I will only need some time to translate it into proper English. So far, I hope you’re having a little fun with it.

I may only have been here on Derpibooru for three years, but I have been an MLP fan from the very beginning. I love this site and the people who are active on it. I know that I’m a rather difficult person myself, and I really don’t want to annoy anyone. But at least you were all part of the inspiration. Along with the events of this year. This is now my first step towards a legacy (cough) that I would like to leave to the Brony/Pegasister community. You’re worth it. And therefore I take my hat off to this fandom.

Best regards and here is the link.

As I said, more chapters will follow by the end of this year. But my thanks go to everyone who takes the trouble to read this. And if you want, you can also send me a PM. No matter if he/she/they likes it or if you think I am a just a waste of time. Any form of criticism is welcome. Because you only become stronger by recognizing your mistakes. The only thing I want is a good story to tell. That is my only aspiration. ;-)

(3/3)

I’m sorry, I’m just going to post this in three threads that mean a lot to me personally. This is not spam, but simply a friendly invitation to those I think are contributing something special to this thread.
DarkObsidian
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Economist -

Smiling Panzerfuchs 2.0
@Latecomer

Well, maybe. Maybe not. But that’s just the interesting thing about this thread. For example, I could get your attention (which I personally really appreciate). The question is, what is an unpopular opinion. If I were someone who was just go out for praise and recognition, I probably wouldn’t say anything.

But I personally see this thread as a source of creative minds and opinions who like to talk about one or two topics. In this respect, at least I have always respected this thread. And the only thing I think about is that critical people with critical opinions could kick my ass. Otherwise I would not have posted this.

Perhaps I have misjudged the importance of this thread a little. That this is simply the BS thread for the opinion of others, which character does not deserve forgiveness, and so on. But I simply try, with open hands and my pants down, to appeal to the critical opinion of those who are active in this thread. Because I value your opinion. No more, no less.

And please forgive me if my words sound a little crude and stupid. English is not my mother’s tongue. I’m just trying to communicate here. But of course I also accept any form of rejection. :-)
Latecomer

@DarkObsidian  
Oh, the thread certainly has a broad appeal beyond the title. But I think there are still things it isn’t for, like blatant ads for one’s stuff. (Subtle ones are different, especially if tied to an opinion.) But that’s just my opinion myself.
DarkObsidian
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Economist -

Smiling Panzerfuchs 2.0
@Latecomer

Well, you might see it that way. And maybe you’re right. But I wouldn’t call it blatant. If it was about you, I would at least take the time to listen to you or read what you mean. But you do not seem to give me the same friendly respect that I have for you and your opinions on so many things.

I’m not questioning whether or not I deserve this. But I didn’t want to advertise or waste anyone’s time. I just wanted to hear critical voices. But you seem to know exactly what it’s about. Should anyone else feel offended, I would like to apologize for wasting your time. I just wanted to share a little creativity. But apparently this is already unpopular. (shrug)
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide