Unpopular opinion time

DarkObsidian
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Economist -

Smiling Panzerfuchs 2.0
I read what you wrote. I just didn’t think it fit.

Well, first of all, thank you for that. And of course I respect your opinion. I’m sorry. Maybe I was wrong. I don’t know.

it’s the autism

Well, I can’t say something about that, because I was not aware that you are autistic, nor do I know how to deal with it as a non-autistic person. If I crossed a line, I’m sorry. Unfortunately, I can’t say any more than that. Still, I’d like your opinion about my story.

Well, I feel ashamed right now. Maybe I should have kept my mouth shut. ( - _ - )
DarkObsidian
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Economist -

Smiling Panzerfuchs 2.0
@Latecomer

Well, the only thing I would have liked from you personally would have been a judgment on whether you found it good or bad. And I could have been critical of that. As I said, I really would have valued an opinion very much. But that seems corrupted now. In the future I will not consider any further opinion. Obviously you can’t be proud of your work nowadays and present it to the fandom without wanting to advertise it.
Background Pony #6071
I used to think Mama twilight was a dumb headcanon but then I read that one long comic series that dsana made. Its still a really dumb headcanon but I can see why people would latch onto the idea and find it cute after reading it.
asdtroi
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

@Latecomer  
Yea, she did raise him by his own words so the headcanon is kinda true, although Sparkle’s Seven stated that he was a brother. It’s confusing but kinda cute.
Latecomer

@asdtroi  
Copying from an old blog of mine…

“…for Spike, family is a bit of a tricky thing, which can include Celestia, Cadance, Twilight Velvet and Night Light in various parent/teacher capacities. (Shining Armor gets a clear older brother title because the only thing he taught him was how to play O&O … and that you should never do so around his sister.) Spike holds all these ponies at least as dear as he does his darling Rarity, but there is one pony in the whole world he holds as dear as all of them combined. If they make a word for that, Spike doesn’t know - so he just calls her Twilight.”
Brass Beau

Howdy from Shimmer Pope
I prefer the motherly role idea over the sisterly one. Twilight struggling to understand children, especially one of a different species, is adorable and hilarious. And Spike is too precious in that comic.
Brass Beau

Howdy from Shimmer Pope
@Latecomer  
They actually addressed that in one of the IDW comics and it comes up quite often in stories with that premise. Usually there’s a hand wave that she catches up with her studies when she stays with her parents.  
Side note: The “ask mama Twilight” tumblr comic blog was incredibly wholesome and a little tear jerking. Worth a read.
Background Pony #3DB9
To quote a fic, I see Twilight as Spike’s “Mother-Like, Sisterly, Very Best Friend Thingy”.
DoctorWTF
Non-Fungible Trixie -

@Latecomer
They actually addressed that in one of the IDW comics and it comes up quite often in stories with that premise. Usually there’s a hand wave that she catches up with her studies when she stays with her parents.
Side note: The “ask mama Twilight” tumblr comic blog was incredibly wholesome and a little tear jerking. Worth a read.

You’re not talking about issue 40, are you? Where Celestia turns Twilight into basically a full-time nanny for baby Spike, and it goes about as well as that usually does in real life (with Twilight nearly flunking out)?

And then at the end, just as Twilight realizes that Celestia intended for Spike to be her first friend. Not only did Celestia have no grasp of the struggles of underage mothers, she somehow thought that a baby is an appropriate substitute for making friends one’s own age. No wonder Twilight’s social skills are still crap when the series begins.
Background Pony #6071
@icey wicey 1517  
I don’t even get where that came from. I just see a kirin beer tag one day and its got plenty of images already. I’m left scratching my head.
Background Pony #6071
@DoctorWTF  
That whole story exemplifies why I see it as a messed up headcanon in the first place. Twilight pre season one was, for lack of a better term, a mess socially and mentally. She was prone to neurotic freakouts over trivial things as late as early season 2. Heck, she pretty much mindwiped her entire first circle of friends from her memory and spent all of season 1 learning basic social skills kids half her age are beginning to master. She seem to shut out the world and everyone in it, her mind laser focused on her studies and not much else. Its not that she’s bad or anything but I don’t think she personally was mentally up to the pressure of raising a kid, especially with as young as she was when spike’s egg hatched.
Brass Beau

Howdy from Shimmer Pope
@Background Pony #6071  
Their whole relationship is in a bit of a weird place. It’s kind of a miracle he’s come out as well-adjusted as he did. He cares for her home, sleeps in a dog bed and his biggest fear is losing her approval and affection. Hell, she spent an entire episode unaware that he left her. Episode 1 and Amending Fences made it seem like the Canterlot Crew was friends with Spike and Twilight just happened to be there.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ponies Online! - April 13-14

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide