Unpopular opinion time

Brass Beau

Howdy from Shimmer Pope
@Latecomer  
It was a pretty standard premise and stuck pretty well to the formula. We got a little character growth from Thorax and Ember but their plotline didn’t get expanded on down the line so… 5/10 I guess. In fairness, something similar could be said for several episodes. We did get a great one-liner from Spike later on because of this episode, so points for that. 6/10
DoctorWTF
Non-Fungible Trixie -

I just watched Triple Threat. It’s not a bad episode, but… do we need a story like this for a 22 minutes episode? It’s too long, it should have been a 10 minutes episode.

It seems like a fair number of the slice-of-life plots potentially could have fit reasonably well into a 10 minute episode. I wonder if G5 will use the 10 minute format? Heck, some of the later Pony Life episodes packed an impressive amount of plot into 5 minutes.
Background Pony #9FDB
I find it rather fascinating how Celestia manipulates every rule in the book to give alicornhood to a mare that had a mental breakdown which could cause huge damage, ignoring the everyday worker under her hooves that wanted to get a chance but saw his dreams go away into a (For him) walking purple mentally unstable piece of trash, and that nobody seems to counter that or say “Hey! And me?! I’ve worked so hard for this! This it’s unfair!

At the same time my argument it’s invalid because, no matter the chosen pony, others will comply, but the thing that’s most curious it’s that every pony that works for Celestia and probably had dreams of working alongside her say “Okay, whatever, like if I would have cared for that since years…”
Ring Team
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

@DoctorWTF  
After watching episodes such as The one where Pinkie Pie knows, Triple threat, Buckball season and 28 pranks later, I prefer the 10 minute format for G5. Because, if you didn’t like an episode, you could say “at least it was 10 minutes” and you do other things.

However, if your episode has 22 minutes and you don’t tell anything interesting, new or funny, that’s more annoying. One of the reasons why I haven’t watched My Hero Academy is because the first episode is too redundant, too slow and too long.
DoctorWTF
Non-Fungible Trixie -

@Background Pony #9FDB  
Does Celestia even decide which ponies get upgraded to alicorn, or does she just seek out the one with the strongest potential and nurture them towards that? The response to FLurry Heart’s birth implied that alicorn-hood was some cosmic reward for proving one’s self princess-worthy - not something an existing princess can hand out.
Latecomer

@DoctorWTF  
Reasonabbly well isn’t the same as “living up to it’s potential”. I’m not as against the shorter format as I was before I discovered Steven Universe, but I still prefer the half-hour format.

@Kiryu-Chan  
Very subjective. I’d nominate Made in Manehattan myself… but that’s probably just because I’ve forgotten the real one.

@Background Pony #9FDB  
Er, who are you talking about?
Background Pony #6071
I definitely think Twilight’s princesshood came way too early. If she got her wings at the very end of Season 4, I’d say it would have been a better fit but, as I understand it, the show was supposed to end at S3 and the princess twilight thing was always supposed to happen sometime in the show. Not the writers faults hasbro wouldn’t let the series die.
Ring Team
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Artist -

@Algebroot Neogears  
I agree.

I mean, I absolutely love Crusaders of the lost mark, the MLP film and A flurry of emotions, but this isn’t feeling the same.

Being different isn’t a bad thing though. I love the season 2 because it was different from the first one. However, you should make some changes in order to create something new, interesting or challenging. The changeling redesign from season 6, compared to the original changelings, let alone any design in this show, is really ugly.

I’m not entirely negative because I think there’s some quality nowadays. My favourite episode from season 7 is the one with Flurry Heart and that story was pretty good. And Legend of Everfree made me really like Sunset Shimmer. I sincerely believe there’s gonna be even an episode in the show that would make me like Starlight. Who knows.
Spinny
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

Resident Spin Fetishist
@Kiryu-Chan

Eh, there’s plenty of better contenders: Spike at Your Service, The Cart Before the Ponies, PPOV, and Honest Apple to name a few.

Triple Threat is at least somewhat consequential to the series.

@Latecomer

Made in Manehattan is frankly one of AJ’s best episodes. And it was also one of the episodes I was most hyped for when I saw the synopsis: Applejack (best pony) + Rarity (best ship) + Coco Pommel (best fandom darling). Seriously, Coco’s one of the best one-shot characters in the series (the only other one that even comes close is Autumn Blaze) and it still pisses me off to no end that Hasbro discarded her for no good reason.
Ring Team
Artist -

Yes. Coco Pommel is incredibly likeable. Rarity takes Manehattan is actually one of my 3 favourite episodes in the show, maybe 2. And the ending always get me.
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

Music Connoisseur
I don’t normally say this when it comes to episodes, but one that I definitely feel like shouldn’t have a reason to exist is The Cutie Pox. The status quo was just unbearable here and the fact that AB learned nothing from it at the end just makes the whole thing a wash. The lesson about having patience and not rushing things to get what you want is a great one, but the ending just undermines it. That and it was just boring overall.
Sadrai

Okay so I remember when they added characters like the Cakes,Mayor mare,Snips and Snails to intro some people said they should have replaced them in the intro with more popular characters like Derpy,Lyra,Bon Bon etc but I disagree since they make less sense since there mostly background characters who rarely ever talk.
Brass Beau

Howdy from Shimmer Pope
Reasons Hasbro should put G5 on YouTube:  
  1. Wider availability. Pretty much anyone with an internet connection can watch it.  
  2. Unrestricted episode length. If an episode only needs to be ten minutes long, it can be. If it needs to be twenty or forty minutes long, it can be.  
  3. Lack of censors. While MLP doesn’t need to be full of cursing and violence, fearing the use of words like “death” or “kill” is unnecessary pressure. Even Disney can do that.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide