Unpopular opinion time

Brass Beau

Howdy from Shimmer Pope
@Ring Team  
It’s kind of a weird fanon. Probably doesn’t help that we know nothing about Sunset’s life before she left Equestria. If it was true, you’d figure Sunburst or Starlight would mention it.
Ring Team
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

@WyrmSpawN  
Maybe. I think you can make characters that are interesting without being the sister or duaghter of some well-known character.

I haven’t seen the ending, but I was reading some info about Luster Dawn because I thought her design was cute. Literally everything I’ve read was the question if she was or wasn’t the daughter of Starlight and the redhead one (the one with the glasses). That killed my interest in the character.

Like I said, not everything needs to be connected, let alone with Starlight.
Latecomer

@Ring Team  
I’m still of the opinion that she should have been a zebra - which would no doubt lead to endless speculation as to whether she was Zecora’s daughter or just her niece.
Brass Beau

Howdy from Shimmer Pope
@Latecomer  
A unicorn made sense considering they were trying to draw parallels between Luster and Twilight. The question of where she came from was supposed to be irrelevant but when you introduce a new character, some fans wanna know everything about her. Being Starlight and Sunburst’s kid was an easy solution to a lot of questions about her background. Since she basically exists to be episode 1 Twilight, I have very little interest in the character as is.
Lord WyrmSpawN
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Thread Starter - MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Lingering Wyvern
@Brass Beau  
I’d say her being like season one twilight in the new parameters of the setting was what made the questions spring up.

You can’t have a new twilight that grew up in a setting effectively run by twilight without a few raised eyebrows.
LightningBolt
Umbrella - For Patreon supporters
Lightning Dee - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Hero - Went above and beyond in the name of Lunar freedom, they will be remembered in legends and folklore as paragons of heroism for generations (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Chaotic Little Trees - 1000+ images under their artist tag
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!

Senior Moderator
Undead inside
@ShadowBolt Platinum  
Me either, especially with how the series rarely has siblings that have similar colors but the fandom is obsessed with making everyone who uses similar coat colors into siblings.

Also Luster Dawn’s design is incredibly uninteresting and I care zero about her in any way. I do kinda like the Starburst kid headcanon tho, don’t @ me.
Brass Beau

Howdy from Shimmer Pope
@LightningBolt  
The one part of her design I like is her hair. Her coat color is too saturated, her personality is a retread and there isn’t any canon history to her. Poor kid had the deck stacked against her so the StarBurst shippers are about the only saving grace she has.
DoctorWTF
Non-Fungible Trixie -

@Ring Team
I’m still of the opinion that she should have been a zebra - which would no doubt lead to endless speculation as to whether she was Zecora’s daughter or just her niece.

I thought the idea there was that Twilight had taken over Celestia’s school of magic on top of her princess duties, which would imply that any personal student of hers would also be studying magic. How would anything but a unicorn work?
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Music Connoisseur
@Brass Beau  
I have a better idea: Considering that streaming is taking over our daily lives and pretty likely G5 is gonna be released on the Discovery Family app or something similar, it would work if they played a commercial before the episode and then after.
Brass Beau

Howdy from Shimmer Pope
@Myoozik  
People would back out of the video once the end ad plays unless there’s more content coming up. One full at the beginning would be preferable but they’d likely want two or three. Hopefully they won’t be placed minsen-

This comment brought to you by
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide