Unpopular opinion time

Background Pony #1B3A
The whole argument people are having over Cozy Glow’s fate at the end of Season 9 could have been avoided had Mean Twilight been the Season 8 finale villain instead. Here’s how the scenario would have at least partially gone:

In the Mean Six, there should have been only five logs remaining, hinting that one of the six escaped. In the Season 8 finale, Mean Twilight secretly replaces normal Twilight in the school while the Mane Six are away on their mission to find Lord Tirek, and it is revealed Cozy Glow was tricked into working for Mean Twilight. Near the end of the finale, Cozy Glow learns from her mistakes and tries to help the Student Six in defeating Mean Twilight. Mean Twilight then gets banished to Tartarus.

Then Season 9’s plot would be nearly identical, but with Mean Twilight in place of Cozy Glow.
Brass Beau

Howdy from Shimmer Pope
Mean Twilight struck me as a more interesting concept than a character. With all the foils Twilight has already, there was nothing to really make mean Twilight stand apart from the crowd.
Brass Beau

Howdy from Shimmer Pope
@Latecomer  
True, but after Trixie, Sunset and Starlight, I think the other Mean Five betraying Chrysalis and having a coup against Mean Twilight would be a little more interesting.  
Picture this: Mean Twilight goes to Princess Twilight for help, the Mean Six finally unite as friends and try to use the power of friendship for their own ends. Then Chrysalis, Tirek and Sombra learn true friendship by being forced to work together by Grogar (Discord) and defeat the Mean Six. Discord reveals himself to the villainous trio and introduces them to the Mane Six. He explains what he did and how he applied all the lessons he learned from each of them. Now that would be a dramatic story arc. And all under the noses of the heroes showing Discord, while not malicious, is still a little mischievous.  
Even just the first half of that, I think, is more interesting than just Mean Twilight.
Brass Beau

Howdy from Shimmer Pope
@Latecomer  
Huh. Never considered that. Seemed reasonable to me since the other two got the same punishment.

@icey wicey 1517  
It was definitely an interesting idea. Even if it wasn’t Chrysalis’s Mean Six, a team of villains to counter the Mane Six could be fun. Lightning Dust, Trixie, Suri Polomare, Iron Will, Gilda, Flim & Flam all working together sounds fun.
Sadrai

I honestly liked Snips added money making personality, some people didn’t but honestly his ideas coming up with how to make money are better, safer and actually quite genius than compared to what happen in Boaster busters.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide