Unpopular opinion time

Background Pony #5E51
Also, HOW does that solve the friendship problem? Unless she thinks the problem was that Autumn Blaze could talk and feel and silencing her was the solution.
Brass Beau

Howdy from Shimmer Pope
@Background Pony #5E51  
Fluttershy always seemed very nonconfrontational to me or at least generally avoided it as much as possible. Makes sense for her to join the “you can’t say something that could set someone off and turn them into a walking inferno if you never speak” party.
DaddyMakesMeEUHH

(ヽ^ゝ^)ちわー!
@WyrmSpawN  
I don’t remember the episodes to a T, but from what I can think of the reasons why Fluttershy fed the snake a cookie was because it had something to do with it wanting to eat Angel ( which is a natural thing for it to do) so the situation to her was a lot more personal. Those ferrets were just plain ferrets to her , I guess, so she was okay feeding them something that they actually eat? I don’t know…

Edit: I looked online to see a ferret’s diet and I found something saying “Ferrets can eat fish, however it’s not naturally part of their diet.” So her feeding them that, is kinda questioning.
Cosmas-the-Explorer
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.

Explorer in Training
Simple Ways was a funny episode but I also kind of hate it at the same time. It makes Rarity willing to change for someone else which I’m glad she learned from but I feel like it ruins her artistic integrity. Honestly I would have rather had that Rarity taught the be yourself lesson to say Sweetie Belle. Maybe it’s just me but it kind of ruins her for me. It makes her kind of a joke character. I prefer her flaws to be more of arrogance and self confidence because at least it comes from an authentic heart.
Brass Beau

Howdy from Shimmer Pope
@Latecomer  
Rarity does have that “present your best self” thing going for her but that’s an inherently artificial idea. The “real” Rarity has frazzled hair, runny makeup and bags under her eyes. She’s kind of an emotional wreck, constantly seeking a sense of accomplishment and belonging. The fact that she speaks with an artificial accent that no one around her, not even her family, has is especially damning evidence of her lack of authenticity. At least as far as I can tell.
Brass Beau

Howdy from Shimmer Pope
@Latecomer  
The problem with Applejack is she doesn’t recognize that every life is different. I can easily see her viewing journalists, artist and the like of not having “real” jobs or doing “real” work. Everything is hyper focused through her own lens and, while being as fair and honest as possible, can’t fully empathize with others. Things have to be broken down to something she understands and even then there’s no guarantee she can relate.

You can kinda see how every Mane Six pony is made weak by their strengths at some point or another.

It’s probably most pronounced with Rainbow Dash since being “the best” makes her think she can do no wrong. After all, being wrong means she failed and failures don’t “win” like she does.
Latecomer

@Brass Beau  
I think that particular problem is perhaps more Pinkie, in a way, than AJ - though I suppose they have different shades of it. Personality might have more to do with it, though - AJ seems to fully respect and like Twilight, who is as hard-working as her in a totally different way.

And RD knows full well she can screw up… she just doesn’t like to admit it.
Cosmas-the-Explorer
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.

Explorer in Training
@Latecomer  
That’s actually a good point. I think I’ve changed my mind on it. You know I think she is a fascinating character in that way. When you put it that way I think it she actually works well. Rarity has a lot to improve upon but honestly that kind of makes her intriguing having to see her move past these flaws.

And when she becomes older, I’m pretty sure she’ll be a lot wiser. She’s not quite there yet. But she has a lot of potential.
Brass Beau

Howdy from Shimmer Pope
@Latecomer  
I think AJ had more a respect for education in general. She doesn’t particularly like magic but recognizes its power and potential. Plus, Twilight doesn’t really have a job in the community. I think it’s Twilight’s constant strive to improve herself and help others that AJ respects Twilight for.  
As for the Pinkie and Applejack comparison: Applejack is a bit demeaning in her view of others. Not maliciously, but she seems to think that problems she can’t grasp aren’t problems. Again, narrow lens. She also thinks she knows best. Probably comes from the motherly instincts she’s developed raising Applebloom.  
Pinkie, on the other hoof, acts with little forethought. She can recognize when someone is suffering but her impulsiveness causes her to make things worse. Filli Vanilli is the first example to come to mind. She’d rather act immediately to try and help, for better or worse, than take time to consider what would be the best way to help.  
While neither are ignorant of others emotions, they struggle to recognize how best to help with those struggles, either through ignorance or ineptitude.

@Background Pony #91C5  
Yeah, Rainbow screws up a lot. I think she keeps bouncing back to her pride getting in the way because, while it is a frequent source of the problems she faces, she rarely recognizes that her pride is what’s leading to her fall. This, after learning a lesson, she views herself as stronger, and better, for it, leading to the loop starting again.
Spinny
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

Resident Spin Fetishist
@Brass Beau

She also respects what Rarity does for a living as well. I think she does recognize hard work and dedication regardless of where it comes from, but she prefers things to be done with practicality in mind.

Also, where in Filli Vanilli did AJ do that? I just remember AJ having everyone rush to Fluttershy’s aid after she was exposed, but after that, her friends pretty much took over (or rather, Pinkie took over and made her feel worse).
DaddyMakesMeEUHH

(ヽ^ゝ^)ちわー!
@Brass Beau  
I think when it I comes down to AJ , she seems more like a traditionalist or she’s just “old-school” in terms of thinking. Out of all the main characters AJ, to me , seemed like the Grandma of the group. It’s a shame we never saw a lot of Twilight and AJ by themselves together episodes, since they both were mature ( dare I say AJ is more mature than Twilight ).

It would of been so funny to see more episodes of the crew freaking out and being oblivious, while AJ is being the straight-man and Twilight is being the smart aleck.
Brass Beau

Howdy from Shimmer Pope
@DaddyMakesMeEUHH  
I think a lot of AJ’s stubbornness comes from her traditionalism. It’s also what narrows her views. It’s only when we see thoughts views and values challenged that we start to see her grow as a person.  
As for being the straight mare, that’s mostly her role within the group as a whole. Especially with Pinkie. I also think that’s where the “best background pony” meme stems from: her reaction punctuates the antics of the others rather then being silly on her own.  
As for snarky Twilight, we could always use more snarky Twilight. Snark is the pinnacle of comedy.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide