Unpopular opinion time

Mikey
Sky Spark - For Patreon supporters
Pone of Astronomy - For Patreon supporters
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Artist -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.

Ayriana
Honestly Starlight is neither the worst thing ever like many people claim, nor is she the most amazing character like many people also say, that’s Twi but better like I’ve seen a few people say.
CORDZ2000
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).

Draconequues Lover zcord
@Ring Team  
also one of the few times we see discord being heroic too in conjunction with starlight in that moment although it came after a huge mess-up, although the mess-up wasn’t from not trying to be heroic.
Ring Team
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

@CORDZ2000  
Yeah, I agree.

I still think one of the reasons why this episode is so great is because it uses the jank of the show (which is a lot) to benefit from it and offer tons of whacky and entertaining sequences. It’s insane and crazy, but it’s also very enjoyable.

The episode is often very critiziced because of the creative decisions being made, but if these people were very harsh with this episode, they should have been this harsh with some other episodes with very questionable creative decisions. I’m pretty sure this is an easy pick because “that’s the episode everyone dislikes”, kinda like Non-compete Clause and Father knows beast.

If many fans were ok with the seasons 6 and 7 and even Rainbow Rocks, they should have been fine with The ending of the end. If I have to be honest, most of my problems with the episode is that the final fight with Chrysalis is with Starlight, not with Twilight. They kinda fixed that in part 2, but still.

Overall, it’s the Dustbowl TF2 of MLP:FiM: It’s messy and chaotic, but it’s so much fun.
Ring Team
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Artist -

The more I think of Road of Friendship, the more I believe it should have been an episode from season 6, not from season 8. I think it would have made a lot of sense if Starlight and Trixie started going on an adventure, they meet, they know each other, they start fighting and they eventually start forviging each other and accepting themselves.

Watching that episode in season 8 was such a headache to follow. It also didn’t help that Starlight traded Trixie’s home without her consent and got angry at her for being upset about it.
Kiryu-Chan
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

World's Okayest User
The episode is often very critiziced because of the creative decisions being made, but if these people were very harsh with this episode, they should have been this harsh with some other episodes with very questionable creative decisions. I’m pretty sure this is an easy pick because “that’s the episode everyone dislikes”, kinda like Non-compete Clause and Father knows beast.
If many fans were ok with the seasons 6 and 7 and even Rainbow Rocks, they should have been fine with The ending of the end.

“Why are people complaining about x, why weren’t they complaining about y?” is literally not how anything works
Lord WyrmSpawN
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Thread Starter - MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Lingering Wyvern
@CORDZ2000  
Because they aren’t the same complaints, and those other instances have their own unique complaints that were leveed at them.

I sure as hell don’t remember being ok with season 6.
Mikey
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

Ayriana
If many fans were ok with the seasons 6 and 7 and even Rainbow Rocks, they should have been fine with The ending of the end.
“Why are people complaining about x, why weren’t they complaining about y?” is literally not how anything works
Ring Team
Artist -

@Blissful690  
If it was for me, I’d swap The Gift of the Maud Pie for A Flurry of Emotions. After introducing Flurry Heart, it makes sense she needed more than waiting for a year to get another episode. If you introduced a character in one season, you don’t wait until the next season to work on that character (ehem, Cutie Map).

Besides, A Flurry of Emotions was one of the few great episodes in season 7, while The Girf of the Maud Pie was one of the worst in season 6, let alone in the entire show.

@CORDZ2000  
Basically that.

It’s like bashing The Last Jedi about how the Stormtroopers were useless when they were also useless in Return of the Jedi. It’s not logical.

EDIT: I’ve found this. I’ve never seen this and it’s hilarious. xDDD

full
Mikey
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

Ayriana
It’s like bashing The Last Jedi about how the Stormtroopers were useless when they were also useless in Return of the Jedi. It’s not logic.

No, it’s not. That’s backwards logic, my dude. You’re literally saying people shouldn’t like Season 6 and 7 if they don’t like Ending of the End. ONE EPISODE compared to two 26 episode seasons and a movie. The hell are you on?
Background Pony #E848
@Mikey  
I think Ring Team is being mentally twisted about Starlight so much that Season 6-7 (Starlight focused seasons) are to be bashed by him for just petty reasons…

If this Starlight delusion keeps on going, and it annoys you and other people too much, a duck badge might be the most fitting punishment for him.

Similar on SparkleDash’s rant on G5, but the word “duck badge” scared him and shut him up, you know people might listen to you less when duck badge is awarded.
Ring Team
Artist -

My point is, Grogar being Discord all this time is ridiculous. And it completely is.

But here’s the thing: Pinkie Pie and Applejack being weirdly related was ridiculous (not to mention the writers rarely toyed with the idea). The magical mirror update from Rainbow Rocks (the one where it can be used whenever Twilight wanted, ignoring the moons) is ridiculous. The redesign of the changelings was ridiculous. Pinkie Pie being too dependent on the party cannon is ridiculous. Applejack being afraid of huge crowds when she didn’t have that fear before Made in Manehattan is ridiculous. Pinkie Pie having 3 sisters instead of 2 was ridiculous (although I liked Maud Pie). Starlight being evil because her friend moved away is ridiculous.

Saying that The ending of the end doesn’t make sense when the entire show was as random, whacky and chaotic as this episode is like saying the Kingdom Hearts games make sense.
Mikey
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

Ayriana
@Ring Team  
Yes but you’re conflating one episode to an entire season, two of them even.  
Season 6 had episodes like Top Bolt, Gauntlet of Fire, Season 7 had Once Upon a Zeppelin, Perfect Pear, etc.
Kiryu-Chan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

World's Okayest User
@Background Pony #E848  
It’s funny because I actually quite like S7 a lot, and addressed a lot of complaints I had with S6(which I still consider one of the show’s worst seasons), including giving Starlight a heavier focus, whom contrary to popular belief, S6 heavily neglected
Background Pony #E848
@Mikey  
Well on the bright side, Ring Team is much more matured compared to SparkleDash.

@Kiryu-Chan  
S7 is actually a good season for me as well, the lore of the pillars and Starlight episodes stood out. S6 has very few memorable episodes.
Spinny
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Resident Spin Fetishist
@Kiryu-Chan

She certainly needed more interaction with the non-Twilight members of the mane six. She wasn’t given nearly enough positive moments with them before she mind controlled them, and that was seriously crap. Because Lord knows they had no good reason to accept her as a friend, and it’s only because Twilight decided that she deserved a second chance that they befriended her.

As such, it was also 100% Twilight’s responsibility for what happened to her friends, because again, she was the one who left them at Starlight’s mercy on top of allowing her to shirk her friendship lessons.
Ring Team
Artist -

@Mikey  
I like Perfect Pear and I love Gauntlet of Fire. But Top Bolt was basically another “guy wanna hang out with girl” story, and Once upon a zeppelin was very underwhelming with an unnecessary return.

As much as I love Putting your hoof down, Iron Will didn’t need to come back.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide