Unpopular opinion time

2012InMyHeart

@PixelatedPony
head canon? I was there when it showed up the rest is documented to the degree that we can draw these conclusions.
no you are projecting on quite a few things actually but the ego doesn’t notice those things normally it needs to be pointed out by the other person
@Background Pony #FCB9
never heard about G1,2,3 fans behaving like the 2010 Brony I doubt they had much to do with it I remember the consensus being that the old G was in the same boat as he-man and transformers as glorified toy commercials,
I agree word of mouth was the core component it was just a matter of HOW you spread the word
Posted Report
PixelatedPony
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

Luna Best Princess
Now you’re diving into anecdotal territory which goes into even more semantics like you’re already doing now.
None of what you been stating has been a definitive fact you’re just going off your personal experiences and assumptions and assuming they are the end be all which ignorance.
Many people came into the show simply because it was just a good experience not from “invading herds” as you put it.
When you are debating the result of something with so many variables there is no definitive answer.
no you are projecting on quite a few things actually but the ego doesn’t notice those things normally it needs to be pointed out by the other person
Oh look we have an actual example of projection here nice job.
2012InMyHeart

@PixelatedPony
Your idea of projection is very skewed but we are getting away from the subject with this so feel free to pm me if you want to talk about psychoanalysis.
You seem to be in denial about this its not hard to study our history, The very word “Brony” was coined from 4chan
in fact you could just go there yourself and ask these refined gentlemen there is probably quite a few of the old bronies lurking that could tell you from first hand experience
Posted Report
2012InMyHeart

@Background Pony #FCB9
Faust have said herself that she liked the toys but could not stand the show
The plushie is made by the same style of G4 and probably made by a G4 fan that wanted to be nice to Faust
Not sure what you want to say with this picture?
Posted Report
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

Music Connoisseur
Anyways, the Student Six could’ve benefitted for more episodes because I really liked them. If the show would’ve lasted for at least one more season, it could’ve fleshed them out a tiny bit more and especially give Ocellus her own episode.
Posted Report
Ciaran
ラ・ゼッタ - For supporting the site
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
It’s fine, and even expected, that people will not agree with each other in a thread devoted to “unpopular opinions”.
But we do expect everyone to be civil and respectful toward each other here.
No more argumentum ad hominem, no more playing magical internet psychoanalyst toward each other.
Posted Report
PixelatedPony
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

Luna Best Princess
Well I didn’t reply to discuss psychoanalysis and your misuse of projection so I’ll pass, we gotten offtopic enough as it is.
Yes I’m aware that the term brony originated from 4chan but you keep failing to understand the semantics of your argument being completely anecdotal.
>bronies lurking that could tell you from first hand experience
There lies the issue, they would tell me their experience, not everyone else’s.
I could list several other bronies that didn’t originate from 4chan.
Heck they may have a significant number there in a vacuum but I highly doubt that most people that got into the show or even identify as bronies originated from 4chan.
Your entire point is entirely anecdotal and doesn’t hold any water when it just boils down to “just ask x person” or “i knew tons of people that know z”.
You failed to provided any objective reasoning or evidence for this point and it just brings us in circles.
2012InMyHeart

@PixelatedPony
lets back up a bit what are we arguing over exactly?
That Bronies originated from 4chan? There is no arguing this fact, dose that mean all fans came from there? no
Was the herd a bad way to spread the fandom? absolutely not I think our impact speaks for itself
Or was it about the “harassing” element?
Posted Report
PixelatedPony

Luna Best Princess
Well it was from this specific comment:
Not sure if this is a unpopular opinion (depends on your view I guess)
But I really miss the old days, When the community was more of a herd invading fandoms left and right
Trolling pony haters, converting people you name it.
As things have calmed down Bronies seem to have drifted in to sub groups which is fine of course
But damn do I miss being a part of that initial surge
I disagreed and to my that basically read as harassing people.
You doubled down then we went back and forth and things escalated.
I’ll just say this - there’s nothing wrong about vocal about things you’re passionate about, I could talk for hours about games I like, but in my opinion the approach of how you express your likes is the difference between being seen as enthusiastic or just outright annoying or even malicious depending on how far you take it.
That to me is what gives some fanbases a bad rep including bronies, it makes people want to be less vocal about MLP for example, you could just have a pony pfp and people would throw a fit because of the stigma behind it and what the vocal minority did or said, which gets real tiring at this point.
Background Pony #FCB9
the consensus being that the old G was in the same boat as he-man and transformers as glorified toy commercials
toy commercials
Faust have said herself that she liked the toys
she liked the toys
Basically G4 is a huge fanfic of a girl who dreamed of adventures, with the characters she grew up with.
Background Pony #FCB9
Hay there bro all good with ya? Wanna join the discussion or do you have a unpopular opinion of your own?
My little pony, in all its media extension, is just a toy franchise.
No matter what happens, it will always be related to cheap plastic.
Posted Report
PixelatedPony

Luna Best Princess
Hay there bro all good with ya? Wanna join the discussion or do you have a unpopular opinion of your own?
My little pony, in all its media extension, is just a toy franchise.
No matter what happens, it will always be related to cheap plastic.
I mean this is just a basic fact no?
The shows themselves exist to sell the toys.
Posted Report
Ciaran
ラ・ゼッタ - For supporting the site
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
Yes. This is accurate. You are on a fan-created website entirely devoted to an advertisement for small plastic toys.
But, that’s what a lot of popular cartoons are. And from those advertisements for small plastic toys come entire movie franchises and billion-dollar multinational corporations.
Happily, very now and then, someone who actually loves the toys gets their hands on the steering wheel. Like Lauren when her pitch was turned down and they gave her MLP to reboot instead.
And then you end up with something like MLP Gen 4, and places like this site which exists thanks to the benign indifference of Hasbro. Because, while they have never given any official word on this site’s existence, they WANT fans to share their advertisements with each other.
So share the advertisements, and revel in the joy and wonder of it all.
2012InMyHeart

@PixelatedPony
Thank you for the summery it cleared things up
True I am being a bit provocative I guess its just the way I talk, Its a new site for me and I want to see what kind of bronies hangout around here
about the topic itself
We should agree to disagree its clear none of us is gonna waver in our opinion
But this was fun I like you
Posted Report
Background Pony #C87A
@PixelatedPony
I highly disagree.
Shows are to entertain everyone (or whatever their audience is and who’s interested)
In my opinion, that would be like saying that the Mario games are only an advertisement for the toys
Posted Report
Background Pony #FCB9
@Background Pony #C87A
Video games are toys (especially for the N) it is not as if there are no shows or movies to promote those video games.
Want to go to nintendoland? Because I do.
Posted Report
Background Pony #8C5C
she liked the toys
Basically G4 is a huge fanfic of a girl who dreamed of adventures, with the characters she grew up with.
It became official once it’s published to the world.
Also feels like :
When Touhou game’s Reimu was ZUN’s OC until the games went into selling, the character became official.
Posted Report
WaynePonePone
Fluttershy - For supporting the site
Fluttershy - For supporting the site
Happy Derpy! - For site supporters
Gold Supporter - Gold Supporter
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.

Flutters Hitchy Glimglam
@Kiryu-Chan
Wow, we’d usually use “Buy our toys!” to make fun of things only created to sell but this one doesn’t even have that, the ultimate pointlessness. That’s just sad.
@Cosmas-the-Explorer
The tree be like “Screw you Twilight! You don’t get the one that actually looks like a tree because of your library! You get crystals!”
Posted Report
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide