Unpopular opinion time

Background Pony #4C59
@Andyxdr
I’m trying to make a different point. What I mean is that I like a character who knows what he does even if he’s always or ocasionally malicious than a character that causes problems because they’re too impulsive or because they lack fat inside their heads.
Posted Report
WaynePonePone
Fluttershy - For supporting the site
Happy Derpy! - For site supporters
Gold Supporter - Gold Supporter
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab

Flutters Hitchy Glimglam
@CORDZ2000
Yeah, Bill is an awesome villain while Discord is an awesome villain too. He just pretends he is not a villain anymore for some reason. If only he commits to his crafts more. :D
Posted Report
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Music Connoisseur
So there’s this comic that’s been grabbing people’s attention and it’s about Sunny Starscout having anorexia. While I’m glad that it has fans and it relates to people with eating disorders, but am I the only on who’s not interested in it?
Posted Report
WaynePonePone
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).

Flutters Hitchy Glimglam
@Mr.Myoozik
Eh, not the worse case of OOC, there are definitely worse. This one at least came out of someone’s personal experience than just outright spiting the character. I guess I’ve just seen enough grimdark MLP stuff to be phased.
Posted Report
TheQuietMan
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

House of the Arcana
@Just Wayne
I don’t like those kind of universes. The ones where one character is the most hated. You can’t see it here anymore but there’s one where Fluttershy or “The Yellow one” did something atrocious that everyone hates her in-universe. What is it? It’s so bad they don’t even want to speak of it. So to me it seems like they hate her because they can.
Posted Report
WaynePonePone

Flutters Hitchy Glimglam
@Phoenixflambe
I don’t really know anything about what you said, but this one feels almost slightly different for me. This one isn’t really done with just “being dark and edgy for dark and edgy sake” but more like it wants to tell a story and go into something positive eventually. Well again, almost. It went back to Sunny suffering again really soon, which took several steps back to what I thought it was going to do, so yeah, it’s not doing it for me now either.
Posted Report
Mr.Myoozik
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Music Connoisseur
@Just Wayne
Well, “out of character” doesn’t always mean demonizing them in order to make them look bad, it just means overall change their canon personality so much that it makes them unrecognizable.
In the series, Sunny is a cheery, optimistic character who embraces everyone for who they are and just wants to have a good time and having her suffer a disorder like that is just to sudden and jarring for me. If this was say Pipp who has it, then it would at least be kinda understandable for a lot of reasons. I know that the artist said in the beginning that it is based off of their IRL condition and the comic is just a way to vent out their frustrations, which I got nothing bad to say about that.
It’s just not the comic for me since it’s too bleak and dark for my tastes and I feel kind of alone in not being into it since everyone seems to like it.
Latecomer

@Ring Team
It has too many bad and mediocre episodes. But if the numbers were cut randomly, whose to say it would be them and not the good ones which would disappear? If quality is a roll of the dice, then better to roll more than less.
Posted Report
Ring Team
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

@Latecomer
I don’t think so. Too much of a thing would become into a bad thing, it would make it less special. This is why I’m happy that Cowboy Bebop has 26 episodes instead of, say, 475 episodes. This is why I’m happy that Spirited Away is one movie instead of a trilogy. This is why I’m happy that Gravity Falls has 2 seasons instead of 8 seasons.
There’s another consequence of having too many episodes: Once you finished highlighting the features of one character in his/her episodes, you have to start writing new episodes where the new features of this character are quirks you wouldn’t associate to that character. TV Tropes even pointed that out in the case of Pinkie Pie, and I quote:
[…] Pinkie was also originally written as a bit of a Cloudcuckoolander, often being airheaded and non-serious, but as the series progressed, these traits became more and more exaggerated, to the point where episodes often had her screeching at the top of her lungs and being completely wild and outrageous for no reason other than comic relief. Furthermore, episodes would occasionally bring the story to a complete halt, just to let Pinkie make a joke. This was most prominent in episodes that did not directly involve her in the story, such as “Filli Vanilli”.
I said it a couple of years ago, but less is more. Imagine if the videogame ICO lasted for 50 hours due to features such as new outfits, sidequests, side characters, new levels, etc. It wouldn’t have been as special as it is now.
Posted Report
Mr.Myoozik

Music Connoisseur
@Ring Team
I wouldn’t take what TV Tropes says as objective fact, it is still a website written by people who have different subjective criteria, especially the tropes that fall under the YMMV category.
Posted Report
WaynePonePone

Flutters Hitchy Glimglam
My hot take: I like Sparky better than Flurry Heart. I never really liked Flurry Heart’s routine of “Ruining everything, looking adorable, and then no one doing anything about it” and she never really got out of that. I know she is a baby but it was always annoying for me. Sparky messes things up too but he doesn’t really do it in a absolutely harmful way and it’s usually funny. Plus he seems to grow away from that routine recently and starts to have emotion outside of “innocent smiling” and “crying when your bad behavior is called out”. Both are baby characters but I feel like one is more endearing than the other. I will admit Spike is better than Sparky though.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide